Chapter 31

Soulmate

*Is she angry?* Sehun heaved a sigh seeing Reinie's back turned towards him before he spoke again ‘I don’t like it.. Whether you’re sick or you’re in danger. You have no idea how afraid I was whenever I heard your signal of help.’ Reinie stiffened then slowly turned back and looked at Sehun whose eyes looked worried and frustrated ‘at the thought of you in danger, it makes me go crazy, I couldn’t think straight at all.’

Reinie didn’t know why, her heart hurt at Sehun's crestfallen face. Without knowing, her right hand reached out and touched Sehun’s face ‘Im sorry’ Reinie apologized, even if she was shock by her action, she didn’t let it show. She just followed her feelings.

Sehun seemed surprised by her action as well but reached his hand up and gently landed his hand on top of hers before looking into Reinie’s eyes ‘I don’t mind saving you no matter what happens,’ Sehun paused, fear was seen in his eyes for a short second before he continued ‘Im just afraid I wouldn’t be able to save you when something happens so don’t make me worry like this again’

Reinie felt guilty now, she had never put herself in Sehun's shoes, all she did was to take them for granted. ‘I won’t, not after today, I’ll try’ Sehun finally relax at her words then leaned forward and place a soft kiss on her forehead before looking into her eyes ‘sleep, I’ll look after you here’

‘O-oh okay’ Reinie replied, startled before she quickly laid back down, turned her back against Sehun and closed her eyes to sleep.

Sehun softly chuckled at Reinie’s embarrassed sight while he watched her sleep. *Sleep well, my soulmate*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Where am I?* Reinie opened her eyes to see the unfamiliar surrounding. She blinked a few times before she remembered where she was.

‘You’re awake?’ Reinie looked to her right to see Sehun still sitting at the chair beside her bed.

‘You’re here the whole time?’ Reinie gasped when she realised two hours had passed ever since she slept.

Instead of replying, Sehun just straightened himself and leaned forward as he reached his hand out.  *What is he doing?* Reinie stiffened at Sehun’s sudden movement. He tilted his head as he measured her temperature against himself.

*Her fever’s gone now* Sehun could finally stop worrying now that her temperature had gone back to normal and it was then, he realised how stiffened Reinie was because of their close distance ‘Why are you so stiff?’ instead of moving away, Sehun tilted his head and questioned instead, a evil smirk hiding behind as he looked at Reinie.

*Why aren’t you moving away?!* The distance between them were so close, Reinie could hear every of Sehun’s breathing. ‘Erm you should probably move back..’ Reinie leaned away.

*Cute* Sehun thought as he tried to hide his smile as he sat back in his chair. ‘Oh right, I forgot. Yeah, I told I’ll be here didn’t I?’ Sehun tilted his head and smiled at her. He was totally enjoying his time teasing her.

Reinie was flustered but as the latter information sank in, she instantly turned around and looked at Sehun as if he was insane ‘Y-you did.. but are you crazy why would you ditch classes? You missed lessons and you’ll probably get detention!’

‘Why would I be crazy for ditching classes? I’ll do anything for you’ Sehun spoke as he casually closed both hands together and leaned against the chair. Reinie just stared at him, she couldn’t comprehend if Sehun was serious with his casual sitting position but looking at his eyes, she knew he meant it.

Reinie cleared and looked away, ‘right, I bet you probably sneaked to class and come back before I woke up’ she tried to focus on the flower pot on her left so he wouldn’t see how flustered her face was.

Sehun chuckled before he spoke again ‘you do know there’s no way you can hide things from me right?’

Reinie turned around and scowled ‘shut up.’ *Jerk, I bet you can hear this too* she stuck her tongue out at him.

Before they could continue their quarrel, Hongbin’s voice was heard ‘Reinie?’ their mini quarrel was instantly put to a stop as they turned around to look at the visitor who just walked in.

‘Oh Hongbin! What are you doing here?’ Sehun watched as Reinie smiled at Hongbin who just came in. *Who is he? You never smile at me the first time we met* Sehun raised his brow at the scene.

Hongbin held up the bagpack in his hand and smile ‘thought you might want to get your bag since the school already ended’

‘Oh thank you but you shouldn’t have, I was about to go get it’ Reinie gratefully took her bag from him.

‘Its okay, I wanted to see how the reindeer is anyway’ Hongbin lightly tapped her nose as he teased.

‘Hey, Im not a reindeer anymore’ Reinie slapped his hand away while Hongbin chuckled.

In the midst of their chat, someone cleared his throat, it was then Reinie realised Sehun was still there with them. ‘Since you’ve already gotten your bag, don’t you think we should go now?’ Sehun raised his brow.

‘Oh right, we should get going’ Reinie agreed then turned back to look at Hongbin ‘are you heading home now?’

‘Yeah. Where do you stay?  Lets go home together if you don’t mind’ Hongbin offered.

Reinie was about to speak when Sehun spoke for her ‘Im sorry but she’s not going straight home now’

‘Im not?’ Reinie confusingly looked at Sehun who gave her a disapproving look ‘you’re gonna ditch me after I waited for you the whole day?’

Reinie blinked then turned around and apologetically looked at Hongbin ‘Im sorry, next time?’ she offered.

Lucky for her, Hongbin nodded ‘I guess so. Next time then. Take care of yourself, I’ll see you tomorrow’ he lightly ruffled her hair and gave her his charming smile before walking away.

‘Now, where shall we go for lunch?’ Reinie turned around and looked hopefully at Sehun who gave her a smile before he replied with a straight face‘No, no and no.’

‘What? Why? I hadn’t even said anything yet’ Reinie protested.

Sehun tapped his temple ‘I could read remember?’ he reminded.

*No fair, but I really want Samgyusal, fast food is nice too, spicy seafood noodles would be best.* ‘Why? That’s food for lunch.’ Reinie pointed out.

‘No heaty food, you just recovered.’ Sehun replied.

‘Its just a cold’ Reinie rolled her eyes then continued ‘spicy seafood noodles isn’t heaty food besides, you promised me you’ll bring me there. You said you’ll bring me to the place that sells food for people with different tongues than others’

*She still remembered?* Sehun was amused that Reinie still remembered what he said since he remembered she didn’t seem to take an interest when he spoke about it the previous time. He would have brought her there but not now when Reinie had just recovered ‘No’ Sehun turned around the corner of the hallway without looking at her.