Chapter 4

Soulmate

A message came in early in the morning before Reinie’s alarm even rang. *Who would text me early in the morning? Wait don’t tell me its him again?* Reinie sat up from her bed and took her phone.

From: Sehun

Morning :)

 

*He shouldn’t be call Sehun, he should be called annoying. Why did he keep annoying me?!* Reinie frustratingly sighed as she put her phone aside. She was about to go back to sleep when her alarm rang *great oh great, now I couldn’t sleep anymore*Reinie gave up and get up from her bed.

Reinie did her daily routine and came out of her house with her bagpack in hand. ‘You sure took a long time to get ready’ Reinie almost jumped at the sudden voice.

Reinie turned to her left to see Sehun leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face as he had his arms crossed.

*Him again, why is he everywhere?!* If Reinie could, she would have already pulled out all her hair because of frustration.

Sehun chuckled then smile ‘Good morning too’

*Now what? He even chuckled to himself? Is he crazy?* Reinie really couldn’t understand the guy in front of her.

‘Let go shall we?’ Sehun asked with his hand held out but Reinie just took a step away from him and head towards the bus stop.

Sehun dropped his hand, ‘its okay, I already know its not gonna be easy anyway’ he mumbled to himself before catching up with Reinie.

‘Have you eaten?’ Sehun asked as he walked along side with her.

Reinie just plucked in her earpiece instead. *Ha, continue talking, I wont be able to hear you.* she was about to choose her songs when a message came in.

 

From: Sehun

Have you eaten? :)

 

Reinie couldn’t believe her eyes. She plucked out her earpiece and turned towards Sehun who was having a huge smile on his face as if mocking her. ‘So have you eaten?’

‘Can you just leave me alone?’ she said in her monotone voice, her anger caged away so as not to show anything.

‘Nope. We gotta know each other isn’t it? One month remember?’ Sehun reminded.

‘I know enough of you already and as you can see, Im boring so stop everything’ Reinie said but Sehun stopped in front of her and bent down ‘really? What do you know about me?’

*You’re annoying* Reinie instantly thought but remained silence.

Sehun just smirked ‘Aside thinking about me being annoying, you know nothing about me huh?’

‘I don’t need to’ Reinie curtly replied.

‘Fine, but you need to know more about yourself’ Sehun straightened up.

‘I know myself better than anyone else. I don’t need you to tell me that’ Reinie coldly said.

Sehun raised his brow and challenged ‘Really? Then you should stop lying to yourself and let the other side out’

‘Look, I believe what I do has nothing to do with you and stop acting like you know me’ Reinie hissed before she walked away.

‘What are you afraid of?’ that had Reinie stopped in her track but it wasnt long before she continued walking as if she hadn’t heard anything.

Sehun finally turned around but Reinie was already reaching the bus stop.

*Damn!* Sehun kicked the pebble in front of him in frustration.

*Calm down, it wont do you any good* Sehun calmed himself and chased after her.

‘Hey’ Sehun placed his hand on Reinie’s shoulder but the other just shrugged it off.

Knowing she probably couldn’t hear him, Sehun reach out and took away her ear piece. ‘Hey’ Reinie reached out to take her ear piece back but Sehun held it away.

‘What do you wa-’ before she could finish her sentence, ‘Im sorry, just forget about just now huh?’ Sehun apologized.

Reinie just blinked up at him, seemly caught off by his apology.*What should I do now? I didnt expect that. Idiot, what am I suppose to do now if you just apologise?*

Reinie frowned as Sehun suddenly let out a chuckle, *what is with him now?* she seriously couldn’t understand the guy in front of her.

‘Lets go, our bus is here’ Sehun grabbed her wrist and boarded the bus.

Reinie tapped her card and sat at the empty seat by the side, looking out towards the window, ignoring the presence of Sehun who much to her dislike was standing beside her. *Another day for school* Reinie mentally heaved a sigh.

Reinie didnt know how long she was staring into space until a hand pulled out the earpiece on her right. Reinie instantly turned towards the direction to find Sehun raising his brow ‘Not going school?’

Reinie took a look at the window to see the bus already reaching the neighbourhood of their school *I spaced out again* she instantly stood up from her seat.

‘Come on, we’ll miss the stop if you don’t hurry’ Sehun grabbed Reinie’s hand and moved through the crowd making his way to the exit.

Sehun walked towards the school gate but stopped when Reinie halted. ‘Whats wrong?’ he turned around and asked. He followed Reinie’s gaze to their hand then looked back up again. He knew what she meant but pretended to play dumb ‘What?’

Reinie stared at his hand which was still holding onto hers. *He wouldn’t be that dumb would he?*

‘What?’ Sehun wanted to a bit.

*Aissh* ‘I think you should release your hand now’ Reinie said, nodding towards the intertwined hands.

‘Oh, you should have said earlier’ Sehun smirked then released her hand.

*That jerk, he’s doing it on purpose* Reinie mentally cussed seeing his smirk. ‘Whatever’ she didnt want to associate herself with him any longer and made her way to the school gate without another word.

‘See you after school!’ Sehun shouted from behind while Reinie just continued to walk *you wished*

Sehun chuckled as he watched her back disappearing in sight before walking away to find Exo-K.