Let's Pretend We're Together

One Missed Call

Hyun Jae got out of Yuri’s car to check on his brother. When he was calm, she began to speak.

“Oppa, Yuri-unnie here was so worried about you that she even came to our house. I tried to call you but you’re phone was out of reach. I knew you’re gonna be here. Tell me, is she your girlfriend?”

Yuri blushed.

Seung Ri stood up from his kneeling position. “We’re dating. Right?” Seung Ri looked at Yuri. He didn’t want to let her sister see he was still hurt, although the earlier happenings showed he was. “I thought you’ve forgotten about her, Oppa.” Hyun Jae mumbled sadly.

Secrets were never really revealed. The reason behind Hyun Jae’s concerns about Seung Ri wasn’t because she was his sister. She had always been against Sun Mi and Seung Ri’s friendship because she was falling for him. She wasn’t the real sister anyway, Seung Ri’s real sister died years ago.

__________

“I’ll cancel the press conference. Let’s go somewhere peaceful.” Taecyeon dialed the numbers on his phone. “No. Don’t do that. Your dad would get angry.” Sun Mi mumbled and wiped the tears off. “Are you sure?” he asked. Sun Mi took the phone from Taecyeon, “I’m sure.”

The press conference was for the both of them and their reactions about the wedding. The public knows that they were just arranged for business, so they wanted to know their feelings about it.

-PRESS CONFERENCE-

Random questions were asked by random people as cameras flashed and roamed around the big hall.

“Taecyeon-sshi, did you know about Sun Mi-sshi before you got married?” a publicist asked. Taecyeon smiled and answered, “Of course. We’ve met a long time ago.”

“Sun Mi-sshi, why are your eyes so puffy? Did Taecyeon-sshi make you cry?” everyone in the hall was very curious. “No, he didn’t. It’s puffy because I cried before we came in. My eyes hurt with all those cameras flashing. I’m still not used to it.” She gave one straight lie.

“So did you both have girlfriends and boyfriends before getting married?”

Taecyeon held Sun Mi’s hand under the table, telling her that he was going to cover up. Sun Mi held his hand tightly; another way of saying that she’ll do her part.

“I didn’t have a girlfriend. I made no commitments since I was going to marry someone I don’t love in the end…” Everyone was in shock when he said those lines. The crowd began to fuss. “But I don’t find it hard to love Sun Mi. If you look into her deeply, you’ll see so much to fall in love with.” He smiled and everyone applauded with his very great answer.

It took a while before Sun Mi answered. She thought about Seung Ri and Yuri.

“Honestly, there was this very important person in my life. He was the reason why I didn’t want to get married. But I could see that he’s very happy now. It was really hard at first, but Taecyeon is helping me. He’s very kind and caring. I won’t be surprised that I’ll find myself falling for him one day.” The people inside the hall were filled with awe. To see such couple with perfect chemistry, they need not want more.

The interview ended with satisfied press and mediamen.

__________

Seung Ri turned the TV off.

“Hey, do I have a chance with you?” Seung Ri asked Yuri who was sitting beside him.

They were inside his office.

“Are you doing this to show the world that you’ve moved on?” she asked nonchalantly. “Let’s just try.” He answered. “Then I better go. I don’t wanna be a cover up; I guess you should look for someone else.” Yuri said and stood up to leave the room.

“Hey, wait. I’ll pay you.” Seung Ri hoped that she would say yes.

“Jerk. Why would the niece of the Prime Minister want your money?” she was now turning the knob of the door.

“Yo! Wait up!” Seung Ri grabbed Yuri’s arm. She was glaring at him now.

“I… I’ll give you anything that money couldn’t buy.” he said. Yuri rolled her eyes. “You know, it’s just the same as saying you’ll do anything for me. And ‘anything’ there doesn’t involve money. If I ask you to kill me, would you do that?” she asked.

Seung Ri looked down. “I’m afraid I can do nothing more, can I? I just wanted to win Sun Mi back, hopefully.”

She opened the door. “I’m sorry. Besides, she’s already married isn’t she?” she said and left.

Seung Ri was hopeless, what would he do now? He can’t just leave the country to run from his personal problems because he’s already helping out with their company.

As he walked back to his table, the door suddenly burst open.

“Seung Ri-sshi… I guess I could help you… but in one condition.” Yuri was unsure of her decisions but she made a choice.

Seung Ri turned around and flashed her a big wide smile. “And what would be the condition?” he asked and smirked.

“If you can’t win Sun Mi back, you’ll have to marry me.”