CHAPTER 3 (FINAL)

A Lost Soul

It took only a week for my neck to heal. And the only thing left was the red-mark on my neck. However, that mark didn’t seem to fade even after 2 weeks. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol noticed the healing progression during those weeks and they were unsure as well on why was that red mark still so visible on my neck.

“I think this red-mark is related to your death.” Baekhyun said when we were having a chat in my room before sleeping.

“Well, I think so. This red-mark is so visible that I don’t even want to look at it. I feel scared when I look at it.”

“And that is why you always have a scarf around you is it?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yup. When I opened and looked at the mark, I feel as if my throat is going to burn again.” I closed my eyes and pressed my head a while to forget about the red-mark that appeared in my mind all of sudden.

“Are you alright, RynnA? Don’t think about it already. Let’s just call it a day. Chanyeol, let’s head back to our room.” Baekhyun patted on me, while said, “Good night.”

 

I lied onto my bed and as I wanted to pull my blanket, my hands passed through the blanket!! And I witnessed my own hand slowly fading to invisible. I shouted and they ran in back, with shock and fear expressions; they experienced what their members had witnessed on that day; I was visible at one moment and invisible at the next moment. They approached me and try to hold my hand, but they couldn’t. It was about a minute later, they finally got it and the whole thing stopped by itself, I was back to visible state.

 

“Oh my god, I’m going to leave you guys already. I’m fading! I saw myself fading!” I lost my mind at that moment and kept repeating that sentence. Unknowingly, my tears started falling down. Chanyeol who witnessed me crying for the first time quickly pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

“RynnA ah, don’t cry…” he said softly while my hair continuously.

I buried into his chest and cried even more.

I finally stopped after a few minutes. Chanyeol noticed it and broke the silence, “Feeling better already?” I nodded and he loosened his arms so that I could sit back properly.

Baekhyun handed me some tissues to wipe my tears. That portion on Chanyeol’s shirt was fully wet.

 

“Oppa, sorry.” I sobbed. Baekhyun my hair this time and continued,

“Don’t cry anymore, you promised me, you know?”

“I know. But… I’m sorry.” I wanted to cry once again, but I held it, since I’ve promised him already. Chanyeol suddenly interrupted, “You know what? Let’s just stay here for today and accompany RynnA.”

Before I even said anything, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol opened the door widely, head out and came back carrying two mattresses with them. They placed one at a side and lied down on the bed.

“You guys haven’t even got my permission yet.”

Suddenly I felt both of my hands being held simultaneously by both of them.

“Let’s just hold our hands and stayed like this for tonight.” Baekhyun answered and they both closed their eyes. I was speechless at that moment, but felt touched again by their actions. I just let it be since they wanted it to be that way and closed my eyes as well.

 

Is this the sign to tell me that I’m going to leave soon? The truth of my case will be revealed anytime by now? But how? ...

-------------------------------

Nothing strange happened to me after that day. But, the thing was that Chanyeol changed. He became quiet that one can never believe that it would happened on Chanyeol. He was no longer a cheerful and bright-smiley boy aka happy virus.

Most importantly, it was caused by me. Reason?; He no longer stepped into my room with Baekhyun. He would give all sorts of excuses to Baekhyun when he was questioned by him. He avoided me as well. Whenever he saw me from far, he would either pretend not to notice me or he would just face down and walk pass me like a stranger.

 

I became a stranger to Chanyeol. All of sudden. He got frustrated with me? At last?

But, why must he show it now? During these days when I need them the most?

“Have you asked him yet?” I asked Baekhyun when we had our chat, as usual before we sleep.

“Erm… not yet. Sorry, been really busy these days.”

I sensed that something was different in Baekhyun’s expression.

You’ve asked him, Baekhyun.. .I can see it… What is it that you guys are hiding behind my back?

 

I cleared my thoughts and continued, “It’s okay, oppa. When, you’re free and when he’s in the right mood, you ask him, okay?” I forced a smile to Baekhyun and he nodded.

“RynnA, erm… nevermind.” It was my first time watching Baekhyun hesitating. Due to that, I became more certain that both of them were having secret and it was related to me. Unknowingly, I got so frustrated and vented my anger towards Baekhyun.

 

“What is it that you want to tell me? You both are keeping secrets behind me!!! I thought that only Chanyeol got sick of me, but Baekhyun, you too!!! You guys have changed a lot these few days! I trusted you guys so much that I believed in what guys have promised me! You guys won’t leave me!!! But Chanyeol have left me, and it will be you turn next! I don’t want to see you guys in this kind of condition! Get out of my room, now!! Now!!!”

 

I pushed Baekhyun out of my room and shut my door so hard that all members noticed it, even Chanyeol too. Baekhyun stayed speechless in front of my door, unable to respond. Well, it was more like he didn’t know what to tell me or how to comfort me when I am in such condition. Chanyeol came out and pulled the blank-speechless Baekhyun back to their room. He gave a quick glance towards my door before shutting their room.

That was the end of the night. Chanyeol made up his mind and told Baekhyun,

“Hyung, I’ll explain everything to her tomorrow.”

“You better do. Don’t delay it anymore. She’s heartache already because of us.”

“More like because of me.” Chanyeol said to himself.

-----------------------

The day ended with me venting my anger towards Baekhyun. Although it was not his fault at all, but still, I had no one else to vent my frustrations. Chanyeol ignored me and there was only Baekhyun left.

 

The next morning arrived with sun rays penetrating through the window. It became an alarm again to wake me up just like the very first day in the motel. I rolled around my bed and only half of my eyelids were opened.

 

*Knock* * Knock*

Door knock was heard, but I didn’t feel like getting up.

“RynnA, it’s Baekhyun here. Wake up.”

Forgetting about what happened yesterday, I lazily got up, pulling the blanket with me and opened the door. Baekhyun smiled brightly and greeted me. I was still zoned out and lazily walked back to my bed and laid back.

“Are you still mad of me?”

“No, oppa. I still want to sleep.” I said it; it was more like murmuring with my face facing down on the bed.

Sadly, my thought of resuming to sleep failed as Baekhyun pulled me out from my bed and pushed me to the toilet.

“Quickly wash your face. Chanyeol and I will be having breakfast with you today!”

Chanyeol? Breakfast? Three of us?

Before I had the chance to respond, Baekhyun had shut the door and left. The fact the three of us were going to have breakfast together delighted me so much. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face as I couldn’t wait any longer for the next thing. To have breakfast with them just like the days back then was the happiest moment. I went in back to my room and smiled brightly at both of them who have already sat in place with the breakfast ready on a small table.

“You seem so excited knowing the fact that we are all having breakfast together. Don’t you?” Baekhyun ruffled my hair as soon as I settled down.

Although Chanyeol didn’t said anything, but, at least, he gave me the smile that I had been longing for. It was already good enough at that moment.

 

While cleaning the table after we had our breakfast, Baekhyun spoke,

“Leave this to me, RynnA. Chanyeol has something to tell you.” Baekhyun walked out of the room with the dishes, leaving me and Chanyeol in the room. None of us said anything for that few minutes. I broke the silence in the end.

“So… oppa, what is it that you want to tell me?” I approached him, who was sitting still on the floor, leaning against the bed and sat beside him. He took a deep breath before he responded back.
 

“RynnA, you remembered that day when I looked into your bag?”

“Erm… ya. Kinda… why? Don’t tell me you want to apologize for that?” I chuckled, but quickly stopped when he didn’t give much reaction to that.

“I found this.” He handed me the cut-out of a news article and continued; he told me the whole story.

The truth behind my death…

 

I was speechless upon listening to it. I didn’t know what to react after he finished. He watched the expressionless and motionless-me; and then he turned towards me and embraced me.

“I’m really sorry, RynnA. I don’t know what else to say, I’m really sorry.” Chanyeol hugged me even tighter and I felt moist on my shoulder. It was his tears.

I slowly moved my hands and hugged him too. I then laid my head on his shoulder and my tears started flowing down too. I closed my eyes and replied him it’s okay.

We were in that position for a few minutes until I slowly faded and vanished…I’m gone…

-----------------------------

*Flashback*

 

“Korea!!! I’m here at last!” I screamed out loud in my heart as soon as I stepped out of the plane. I breathe in the fresh air and walked out from Incheon Airport. Like what a normal tourist would do, I headed out, got a taxi straight away and reached the motel that I had booked earlier before flying over here. I placed my luggage and quickly jumped over to my bed. Feeling a little tired after travelling for hours, I took a short nap.

 

Eventually from taking a nap, I actually slept the whole day. So, on the next morning, I had to unpack my luggage and headed down to have free buffet prepared by the owner of the motel. After completing my meal, I headed out and started my day with Myeongdong as my first destination.

 

So, in summary, my first day in Korea was certainly fun as I travelled from Myeongdong streets, to Namsan Tower and lastly to Han River to enjoy the night view. The rainbow fountain was just so perfect. I just watched it in an awe. First day was totally great but the next day would be more fun!

 

On the second day, I headed to Pyeongchon, which was also not far from Myeongdong.

So, why Pyeongchon? It was the EXO’s XOXO fan-signing event! That was also the main reason I came over to Korea; to meet my idols and to get signatures from them!!!

Certainly, the lines were long as all these fans have woke up really early or probably, some might have camped there to get the best sit to meet their idols.

Fortunately, although the lines seemed to be long, but when I entered the hall, I got the sit in middle row. As we were waiting for EXO, 3 girls entered with a girl holding just a bottle of water. They don’t even have bags with them, what more banners or lightsticks. I didn’t know why but my instinct just told me that they were acting all weird and I should keep an eye on them. And so, the event started and the fans were cheering and screaming their lungs out when EXO came up to the stage.

 

During the event, I really kept my eyes on them especially the girl who was holding the bottle. Since I kept looking at her, I scanned the written words on the bottle,

Chanyeol, drink it NOW!

 When it was our turn to walk out and have our albums signed, those girls were in front of me. When they reached Chanyeol, I can’t help, but to keep on watching them and tried to eavesdrop their conversation and this was roughly what I heard,

“Chanyeol, this bottle is for you. Drink it.” The disgusting-look girl said.

“Okay, thank you. Where’s your CD?” Chanyeol replied and smiled at her. But, only to find that the girl just smirked and walked away with her friends, leaving Chanyeol with a blur-expression.

 

It was then my turn. I gave a teddy bear to Chanyeol, and told him my name.

Suddenly, something hit me and was calling me to take the bottle away. With no idea on what to do, I quickly took the bottle and drank it. Certainly, Chanyeol was surprised to see me drinking his bottle. I quickly stopped and apologized.

“Sorry” was the only word that I can said since I don’t know how to said thirsty in Korean language.

Chanyeol, as the carefree and kind-hearted oppa told me it was fine and I took the bottle away and shoved it into my bag. The next was Baekhyun and I handed him the same gift as Chanyeol’s too. He took it and smiled to me as well and resume back on signing the album for me.

 

That awesome day ended really fast in a blink of eyes. After signing the albums for each of the fans in the hall, including mine, EXO performed and gave the last speech before the event ended. While I was travelling back home, I felt that my neck was uncomfortable. I quickly took Chanyeol’s bottle and drank it all.

When I reached home, I felt more uncomfortable and scratched my neck repeatedly. But that wouldn’t stop the itchiness at all. Worst of all, I felt imbalanced and fell onto the floor. The last thing I remembered at that moment was that my neck was burning hot and I coughed up blood…

 

11th June 2013, Tuesday – A 19 years old Malaysian tourist was found dead in her room. The cause of her death is due to the bottle that she had drunk. The water contained 20% of acid. Since the bottle had other fingerprints besides hers, the police will look into the case. Therefore, there is no confirmation on whether she committed suicide or she was actually victimized.

--------------------------------------------

Chanyeol’s POV

 

I told her everything on what I have found. I couldn’t believe with just a newspaper cut-out, I actually remembered roughly that the bottle as shown on the cut-out was belonged to me. Still, I couldn’t recall her face on that day, but I remembered that moment, when my bottle was taken away and she drank it.

 

I couldn’t believe that I was actually the one that caused her to death. I was the one who was supposed to be dead after the fan-signing event. But, RynnA saved me, she drank that acid water. I also found out that the girls actually surrendered themselves and the reason for doing so was because they hated me, they were my anti-fans. But no matter what, I felt really guilty towards RynnA, if it wasn’t because of me, she wouldn’t have died.

 

I embraced her and kept saying sorry. I didn’t know what else to say and do anymore, except apologizing. Unknowingly, my tears flew down continuously. She hugged me back and laid her head on shoulder. We both stayed still in that position for a few minutes until I realized that I still left one more task. So, I let go my hands and followed by her moving a little backwards. Both of us turned away and faced the blank wall in front of us.

 

A while later, I took out the necklace, “BH-CY-RA” and turned to face her again.

“RynnA, wear this. It was your present for me and now I’m going to give this to you. Turn over the other side.” She nodded and turned, I put it on around her neck. She adjusted a little so that her scarf wouldn’t block it. She faced me back and smiled.

“Thanks, oppa. With this, I don’t think I’ll ever forget you guys.” She touched the necklace a while and moved towards me. I opened my eyes widely when she pecked me on my cheek and hugged me tightly. She then continued,

 

“Oppa, this is the only present and it would be the last present for you. Help me to bid Baekhyun oppa goodbye. I’ll never forget you guys. I’m going to go now.”

Once she finished her last line, I felt something was not right. She was actually fading! I wanted to hold and pulled her to see her for the last time. But I couldn’t hold onto her anymore. Just like that, with her position; embracing me , RynnA vanished.

She’s gone…

 

I screamed her name loudly after she vanished. Surely, all the members burst into the room, only to find me, alone in her room. They roughly knew that RynnA was gone. I cried so hard that Baekhyun and the others had to comfort and console me.

They wouldn’t get to feel what I was feeling. I felt really guilty. I was the one who caused her dead. Only Baekhyun knew about the truth, but still he wouldn’t understand the feeling as well. How much it actually hurts to know that a fan who had chosen to put her life on stake for her idol. Although she didn’t know it at that time, but still, again, she chose the ‘risk’.

 

I spent the night on that day in RynnA’s room. Unwillingly to step out from the room and wanted to be alone, Baekhyun and my members just let it be and allowed me to have my own personal space.

-------------------------

RynnA’s POV

 

I couldn’t believe that I still had the last chance to officially bid Baekhyun goodbye. The time I left before going back was only about 20minutes. I came back to their dorm and quickly entered Baekhyun’s room, only to realize that Chanyeol was not there. With not much time left, I quickly wrote down what I wanted to tell Baekhyun and placed it on the small table beside his bed. Being too quick, I didn’t realize that I dropped the pencil. And because of that, Baekhyun opened his eyes slowly and was shocked to see me. He quickly got up and hugged me.

 

Yah! RynnA, you’re still here!”

“Sshh, don’t be so loud. I was supposed to be invisible though. I wondered why you still can see me.” We chuckled a while and he continued,

“So, what is this?” He took the note that I left for him and read through it.

“What is this??? You want me to erase Chanyeol’s memories of you both??!! With this??” He then pointed at the glass bottle on that table.

“Yes, oppa. Promise me that you will do it.”

“But why? You know very well that he cherished every moment with you. He wouldn’t want to forget all our happy days together. Look at him now. You have no idea that he cried so much today and wouldn’t even want to get out from you room.”

 

“That is why you should erase them off. I don’t want to see him in that condition. I know that he’s blaming himself right now. It’s not entirely his fault. He shouldn’t be guilty about anything. It was my choice to save him. I don’t want him to live with that guiltiness in him. I want him to be happy virus forever. That is why you need to do it, oppa!”

I paused a while and continued,

“And also, put that necklace on him too after he loses his memories. That would be his amulet. I’ll remember you guys forever like that. We will meet in our next life.”

“But..” Before he could finished his sentence, I cut him off,

“Oppa, I don’t have any time left already. You just have to do it. Please…”

I slowly faded in front of him and said the last word, “Goodbye, oppa.”

-------------------------------

*3 months later*

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

It is the last week of month December. This week is filled with lots of schedules as SBS, KBS and MBC end-year concert were one day after another. There is no time to rest fully, but no matter how busy I am, I will always remember to visit RynnA’s room and looked around; her bed, her desk and her bag are all still in place as I have asked them to not enter her room, except that if they want to put their fan gifts in her room. That also have to be in place according to the order that RynnA had organized. Other than that, no one can touch her things.

 

Well, I didn’t know why I was like that. It’s not that I wished for her to come back to us and to me even. It’s 3 months already since her farewell; yet, I still didn’t know why I want to keep everything in its original position.

And guess what? I am wearing the necklace and it really worked out as an amulet to me. Probably, RynnA had stored some energy in this necklace before she left. Keke…

 

Today, I feel like writing a letter to her. It’s going to be a brand new year. Who knows she would come back a while and visit us? Then she would be able to know that Baekhyun hyung actually broke his promise. Haha!

 

Dear RynnA,

 

It’s me, Chanyeol. I don’t know what struck me today, but I feel like writing a letter to you. I hope that you will read this. But how will I know if you have read it or not? Haha! What a silly sentence…

 

Anyways, back to the main topic. I’ve been keeping this question for so long. I really need to ask you this…

Why did you choose to erase my memories of our days together? Hyung told me that you’re worried that I will keep this guiltiness in me for my entire life. Silly you.

On that night you left me, I had cleared my mind already. It’s not that you knew that the bottle was acidic even. You didn’t know what you had risk was your own life. I couldn’t blame myself entirely too, since I was just the same as you, I didn’t know about that too.

 

I’m glad and thankful that Baekhyun understands me very well; that I can actually cope with it. Thus, he decided to tell me the truth. He asked me to choose the path on my own, whether to forget or to keep the memories. And of course, I choose to remember it forever in my mind.

Remember what I told you before, RynnA? Our memories will always be vivid in my mind. Since I said that, you have to trust me. I’ll never forget you, ever. So, don’t blame Baekhyun hyung, okay? I know you won’t. You will just pout. Keke…

 

So, ya… I have your necklace with me all the time. Do you have it still around your neck? I hope you do. Then, it would be easy for us to meet each other in the next life. The necklace really gave me power and strength though. Did you put a spell on it? LOL! I hope that mine gives you the energy too!

 

And also, actually there’s something I wanted to tell you also on the days before you left. But then, there were too much of happenings around that time, I didn’t have the chance to tell you. You remembered that day when you had your neck bandaged and it was the first time that both Baekhyun hyung and I slept beside you? I was actually half-awake when you started talking to me. Since I’m only half-awake at that time, I didn’t hear it clearly. I only remembered you said, I like you, then something about brother, then I am a nice guy. Plus, the last one, you hope that you will meet a guy that has the same characteristics like me in your next life. Uwa!~~ RynnA, am I that perfect? Keke!

 

But anyways again, I think I roughly get you meant though, you like me but then, you only like me as a brother-status. You didn’t want to involve in relationship with me, right? Because you’re ghost; so, it’s impossible for us to date and be like a normal couple. That’s why you choose to only like me as your brother, instead of falling in love with me.

 

And now here’s my reply to you. I like you too, RynnA. We had the same thinking too, I know that if I confessed, we would both be in trouble when you start to leave me and so on. Who knows at that time, hyung would automatically force me to drink that bottle to forget about you. So, we did well RynnA, we both kept our feelings. Yay!

And I chose to tell you now because I know that we both won’t get affected by it at all. Haha!

 

Let just wait for our next life, RynnA. When we finally meet, I hope that I’m the one who confess first and I will catch you straight away. Don’t leave me behind anymore. I guess that is all for now. Happy New Year in advance, RynnA. I really hope that you will read this, if you don’t, then too bad, you don’t know that I actually like you. Keke! And this will then become my one-page diary. Haha!

 

P/S – I LOVE YOU… I really want to say this to you in our next life. And now too… But, we both just can’t…

 

The happy virus boy that like you in this life,

Chanyeol.

 

Once I completed it, I placed it under her bag, in case the paper might fly away.

Upon leaving the room, suddenly, strong wind blew and the window was widely opened. I quickly walked over to close the window. Although it was a little weird that the window was shut closed for 3 months, but I didn’t thought a lot about it.

As I was walking out again from the room, I looked back at the paper.

 

It was supposed to be shocking, but I smiled instead, knowing the fact that it was from RynnA.

The paper had an additional word on it. Short and simple...

 

I LOVE YOU TOO, Chanyeol oppa.

 

 

---THE END---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's finally done!!!! xD

Hope you guys enjoy this 3-shots story! =D

Check out my other fanfics as well, especially for those who like SHINee!!! xD

I might be creating another fanfic on EXO, focusing on everyone! All the members!

So, ADD ME as friend if you want to know read that story~~ keke! =D

Lastly, once again, for those who read it, and think its nice, SUBSCRIBE this story! =D