CHAPTER 1

A Lost Soul

The sunlight penetrated through the window; working as an alarm to wake me up in the morning. Surrendering to the sunlight as I couldn’t find my blanket, I got up. Usually, I would see EXO poster in front of me as I get up from my bed; however, it was different today. “Why is my EXO not in front of me?” I wondered and looked around my room. “OMG… This is not my room!!” I quickly ran out of the room, but to see no one outside. I was certain that I was in a motel as I have passed through so many rooms with numbers.

 

As I stepped out from the entrance, my jaw dropped. The surroundings were filled with Korean words and surely, the people there were all talking in Korean language.

I’m in Korea???? How did I end up at here? And why am I even here??

I felt so clueless that I ran up back to the room where I was in. “Probably it is just a dream, RynnA. Let’s just sleep and I will get back to my own world, the reality.” I thought that to myself. And so, I went back to sleep.

 

Still, it didn’t help at all. All I did was rolling on the bed thinking of why did I end up here, in Korea, in this motel….

Frustrated with my own confusions and questions unsolved in my mind, I decided to get up and get them solved. Aside from a little bag that was on the desk, all I felt was emptiness in this room. I got up and took the bag; took out everything that was in the bag.

Korea map, 2 lipsticks, Korean-English Dictionary and a small glass bottle with a card tied around it. 

How am I going to go back home? I have no passport!! Most importantly, there isn’t any cash in this bag??!!

The glass bottle caught my attention though despite all those frustrations; instantly, I looked at the words written on the card

To RynnA,

Potion: Can only be used at one time on 2 individuals.

Hope that they would be able to help you. Wish you luck.

 

What is this even??? Who left this bag here? Is the person a magician or a witch? How does he/she know my name? I’m in their control, I’m trapped??

With no hesitation, I put them all back into the bag and decided to play in this so-called ‘game’ with this anonymous. It is the only way that I can go back to my home.

 

I walked out from the room and went to the receptionist.

“Excuse me, sir.” He looked up.

“I’m so sorry that I don’t have any money right now. I’ll pay you back as soon as I get someone’s help.”

“Woah, be careful!” he said.

“What? Careful?”

He went out from his place and helped the man who stumbled a little for carrying too many stacked boxes at once.

 

I assumed that he didn’t hear me just now, so I repeated my sentence again. I felt strange and weird as he didn’t look at me or responded to my question. I stretched my hand to pat on his shoulder; only to find out that my hand actually passed through his shoulder. I was in shock at that moment. I quickly went over and tried to touch his shoulder, it was the same. My hand passed through him!! But when I tried touching on other objects, I could hold on to it. I was clueless again and certainly scared of what just happened. I went out and tried on the other hawkers. The result was the same, I could hold the objects, but the humans neither see me nor hear me and I couldn’t touch them; I only passed through them.

 

I was certain after so many times of trying, I am a ghost. A lost ghost that had no memories on how and why I died. And also, how and why did I land in Korea?

I am a lost soul with no memories, except for my name and my favourite idol group, EXO.

I took out the bottle and read the note again.

Now I will have to find 2 people to help me solve this case. It is neither a game nor trap... It is a case, a case of my death.

And I’ve decided, it will be two members from EXO.

--------------------------------------------

The only way to meet EXO is to go to MNET building; since it is Thursday, it is the MCountdown broadcast. I took out the map and checked on which bus line I will have to get on to reach the destination.

Despite being sad that I became a lost ghost all a sudden, I was quite happy and satisfied with my current state as I can travel around and have the food I want; all free of charges! And also, to travel from stations to stations too; sight-seeing the country that I always dream of going, Korea! Most importantly, I will be meeting my idols, EXO face to face in a just a moment! xD

 

After travelling for around 2 hours, I reached MNET building. I was really lucky at that moment as I saw EXO coming out from their SUVs. I quickly followed their steps and we reached their room. I was still in a shock state that I was able to meet EXO right in front of my eyes as well as to sit right next to them, watching every action of them in the room. The best part was that I witnessed lots of their shipping with one another; HunHan, Kaisoo, Baekyeol, and Taoris moments!

 

Sadly, my mind or neurons didn’t allow me to enjoy so much as I got alerted by it.

I came here to solve the case of my death, so I will have to get back to work.

“Who am I going to choose out of these 12 members?” I thought about it while looking on the name list. Without hesitation, I circled both Baekhyun and Chanyeol from the list. The reason for it is that they are both my bias, and they are only ones that I could put my trust on. So, the problem now is that how do I not scare them away and to make them believe in me and also, to agree to help me?

 

After rehearsing their parts, EXO went back to their rooms to take a rest. How lucky was I at that moment, Baekhyun was sitting alone in front of the make-up table. Not only that, he laid his head down on his arms, facing at one direction. I knew it was an opportunity for me to approach him. I used the lipstick and it was the starting of our conversation.

“Hello”. He was shocked as his eyes were widely open at that point.

“You. Fear. I know.”

“Help. I need. You.”

“Ask Chanyeol oppa. Out. Last room. Right side.”

“Don’t tell. Other. Members. Wipe this. After. Read.”

“Help me. Please…”

Basically, it’s not in complete sentences because I wrote them based on what I could find from the dictionary. Although his expression is filled with confusion, but I guessed he understood my words; he quickly rubbed them off and then approached Chanyeol and whispered. Chanyeol expression’s changed straight away and they both went out. I followed them and entered the empty room, it was more like a store room filled with woods and glasses.

 

I locked the room and they heard the sound. Chanyeol’s face became pale, while Baekhyun’s face is much paler than before. Chanyeol then broke the silence.

“Baekhyun, what is this?”

“Why do you have a ghost around you?”

“Chanyeol, it’s a girl ghost to be exact. She know our names. She called you Chanyeol oppa even.”

“What???”

Listening to their conversation while looking at their faces, I felt sorry towards them. I shouldn’t have drag them into this case right? But then, no one could help me besides them, they are the only ones that I remembered. I knocked on the wood, to get their attention. They looked around the room and saw the red sentences I wrote.

“Baekhyun oppa, Chanyeol oppa, I’m sorry…”

“Both. You. The only one. I know here.”

“I die here in Korea. I don’t why. I die here.”

“I need help. You both.”

“Simple sentence. I can listen. If not, draw.”

I then placed the other lipstick down on the floor. They took it, but have not talk or write yet. I guessed they still can’t believe what I said or they don’t understand what I said? I continued…

“You both. Understand right? Yes or no?”

“Yes” Chanyeol hesitantly wrote it. Probably they were still uncertain whether these were all their illusions and imaginations or not. He then continued,

“But. You. Ghost. How we help?” Luckily his sentence was short and simple, I managed to answer once I read it.

“You both. Drink. Half. Half.Then can see me.” Then I took out the bottle and placed it on the floor.

 

Hesitantly again, Baekhyun took the bottle and read the note. He roughly understood it and told Chanyeol about it. He was quite scared as he opened the cover. But still, he did it. As he almost drank it all due to his fear and clueless mind, Chanyeol shouted a little, while I took the bottle off from his hand.

They were shocked to see it disappeared from Baekhyun’s hand. I have to place it on the floor again for Chanyeol to take and drink the remaining. I have no idea how they will be able to see me since the note didn’t say anything about it.

I tried calling their names, and they heard it.

“Chanyeol oppa, Baekhyun oppa” They shivered a little and looked around. But they failed to see me.

“Neh~ I can hear you already. But we can’t see you yet.”

“Erm… then try. Close your eyes.” They followed my words. And then I tried to touch them. It works! It doesn’t pass through. I can hold them. Of course, they were quite shock to feel someone holding them. They opened their eyes and instantly went backward a little as I was too close to them. Now that they could see me, but then, we remained silent for a few minutes. Until I broke the awkward silence,

“Hello, oppa. I’m sorry.”

“What’s your name?” Baekhyun responded, while Chanyeol remained silent.

“RynnA”

“I’m sorry again. I pull you guys. Into this thing.” I read according to the dictionary again.

I sometimes wondered why didn’t I pick Kris and Tao or Luhan or Lay in this matter, since I can converse in both English and Chinese.

 

I was back to the present when I heard the sound of chuckles from both of them.

“RynnA, right? I wonder why you choose us and not Kris hyung, like I bet you’re good in English and you are now having trouble conversing with us. You have to use dictionary.” Chanyeol said so fast that I couldn’t catch what he was saying except Kris hyung, dictionary, my name and English.

They chuckled again as they could see my blank expression, trying to comprehend what was Chanyeol saying.

“Aigoo, RynnA yah~ Chanyeol say. Why you didn’t choose Kris hyung?” I was delighted that I can understand Baekhyun’s words.

“Well, I think. About that also. I don’t know. You two. My bias. So, I trust. You both. More.”

“Ah I see. Can’t believe we are better than Kris hyung for once.” Chanyeol was so happy at that moment. He smiled so brightly and I laughed as well although I don’t quite understand what he was saying.

“You. Actually. Understand?” Chanyeol suddenly asked.

“Neh?” “No, I don’t. Actually. Look at you. Laugh. Makes me laugh too.”

 

As we conversed more and more about how I ended up here and the story about getting this bag and found out that I was a ghost, suddenly distraction came in; a repetitive sound of knocking was heard.

“Yah! Baekhyun, Chanyeol, I know you guys are inside. What are you guys doing inside? It’s the recording time already. Come out now. Fast!” Well, it was Suho.

 

We quickly rubbed off the markings on the boards and kept my lipsticks and the empty bottle back into my bag. We went out and they pretended nothing happened and explained that they were discussing about their own stuff for their Baekyeol moments. I heard it and comprehend the words that I could understand. They heard me chuckled and the last word I told them before they went off to the stage was “Baekyeol, Hwaiting! EXO Hwaiting!” They turned and said softly “Thanks”, since there was no one behind me.

 

The show ended and it was the end of today’s schedule. I followed Baekyeol towards their SUV. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, Chanyeol was carrying his own guitar, so he stepped into the SUV and quickly placed the guitar next to him, Baekhyun sensed it and thus, he went and sit next to the guitar. I followed them and got to have a space for myself. Tao, as the youngest in that SUV felt too uncomfortable and spoke up,

“Hyung, why do we have to squeeze? Can’t you just hold your guitar and let Baekhyun hyung sit beside you.”

“Sorry, my guitar is more precious than Beakhyun.” Both me and Baekhyun laughed.

“Yah~ Baek hyung! You’re not mad? You’re supposed to be the precious one to Chanyeol. He chooses the guitar over you!”

“Tao, I’m neutral today. The guitar should be more precious than me. I admit, I lost to the guitar.” He ended his words with the three of us laughing.

 

Along the journey, I was holding onto the guitar that my hands felt numb. Chanyeol noticed it and would take the guitar away for me to rest my hand a while, while Tao would use that opportunity to push Baekhyun towards Chanyeol. Unfortunately, Baekhyun  held strongly in his position and would save me from being squeezed between him and Chanyeol. He made sure that I had enough space to sit comfortably.

 

Since it was still a long duration before reaching their dorm; to entertain both Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were bored in the SUV as the others had gone far in their dreamland, I would pat both of them and showed how invisible I was by passing my hands through Suho’s head that was sitting in front of us. They would laugh softly so that they won’t wake the other members up. After a few hours of chatting softly with them, I felt sleepy and dozed off.

 

I woke up slightly as I heard chatters from the members. Also, I found out that I was lying on Chanyeol’s shoulder all the time when I was sleeping. I quickly got up and apologized. He stretched his shoulder a little and smiled back to me. We reached their dorm at last. Following them again up to their dorm, it was my first time stepping into boys’ room, plus it was not an ordinary boy’s room, its EXO’s dorm.

----------------------------------------

Within that week, Baekyeol has helped me a lot. But, that had also brought confusions and questions from their members…

On that day itself, Baekhyun took one of the mattresses off and put in the store room. When the members asked, he only said that he didn’t want his bed to be so high, and so he brought the mattress down. And automatically, I realized that the room filled with the fan gifts became my room.

A few days later, Chanyeol came into the room, carrying a small table. When he was asked, “Our room have not enough space for this table, so I might as well bring it in here since there’s much spaces here” I thanked him and he smiled back, but facing the members. Certainly, the members just accepted what he said as it is.

 

Since it was a room for me, I decided to clean the room and divided every gift according to the member’s name and placed them in order so that the room would look much more neat and organized. As I was busy sorting the gifts, I heard a click from the door and Baekyeol entered; instantly locking it after they entered.

“RynnA, what are you doing? You should have locked the door if you are organizing things; the members will be in shock to see their gifts in order if they enter the room.” Chanyeol spoke rapidly that I couldn’t understand what he was saying. I blanked out and just answered, “Neh??” Chanyeol was helpless looking at my blank expression, and Baekhyun replied me, “RynnA, next time, lock the door. Members. In shock if see the gifts. In place.”

“Ah~ I see. Okay. Understand. Sorry.” I smiled at him and showed the gesture of “Sorry” to Chanyeol. “It’s okay.” Chanyeol smiled back.

When we were done organizing their gifts in order, we heard a loud banging sound from the door. It was Tao and Sehun, “Yah! Hyung, what are you guys doing in there? We’ve been asking you to come out to eat. And you’re not responding!”

 

*Tick* the door opened, revealing both Tao and SeHun, holding a cotton bud; with both of their jaws widely open.

“You guys are arranging our gifts???”

“Erm.. yeah I guessed so…” both Baekyeol answered and laughed together facing me, who was sitting in between them. But due to the fact that Tao and SeHun couldn’t see me, they would only see Baekyeol facing one another and laughed; having the thought that they just witnessed the sweetest Baekyeol moment ever.

We went out, trailing behind Tao and Sehun.

 

The smell and taste of pizza was so strong and delicious that all the members ate the slices continuously with no stops. And all I did was watching at them, swallowing my saliva repeatedly. Upon watching me doing so continously, Chanyeol nudged me a little, offering me to have the pizza to fill up my hunger. Baekhyun saw the gesture as well, and quickly alerted me to catch it as he pushed the slice down. Luckily the members didn’t notice that as they were busy eating theirs.

The boxes continued to stack up, and it was the 5th and the last one. And that was the moment when the 10 EXO members knew about my existence…

 

“Baekhyun, did you just push the pizza down?” Kai asked as he looked down on the floor, but he saw nothing. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol choked as they heard Kai’s question. “Actually, I have a lot of questions and confusions on you both.” Suho said. “You both have been doing lots of things together, and giving us a lot of funny answers.”

“Same here, I sensed that there is something between you both that you never tell us.” D.O voiced out as well. He then continued, “I actually heard you both talking softly in the SUV that day and were laughing softly facing one another, but the weird thing I found out was that your conversations were not complete. You both were not in the same topic.” Suho continued after him, “Same here, I was sitting right in front of you guys, so I heard it much clearer, and I heard the name, ‘RiNa’. Who is she?”

The three of us choked simultaneously upon hearing my name, Suho actually heard our conversations and he heard my name.

“Did you both just talked to a girl spirit, called RiNa?”

I could see all the members’ expressions changed as they were listening to the conversation. Up to that point, all of them stopped eating and looked at both Baekhyun and Chanyeol; to be exact, it would the three of us.

“Secret has been broke out though. We should tell them, right? Can, we?” Chanyeol asked looking at me, but to the members, it seemed like he was looking at Baekhyun. I nodded.

 

“We actually do have a secret, and you’re right. Her name is R-y-n-n-A, RynnA. Only both of us can see her. She needs our help to solve her case.” Baekhyun said.

“Korea is not her home. She didn’t know why landed here. She didn’t know why and how she dies. So, she requested us to help her.” Chanyeol continued.

“Explain more.” Kris spoke up.

“Basically, it happened on that MCountdown day, she wrote a note to me, asking for help after our rehearsal, and that was the reason why both me and Chanyeol went into that empty room. That day was the first day, meeting her after we drank a potion.” Beakhyun further explained.

“How can you just drink it? It is not your imagination right? Oh my, I don’t know whether I should believe on you both or not.” XiuMin gave a worried expression.

“Believe us, hyung. RynnA need our help. She’s a lost soul with no memories, except her name and us, EXO. And that is why she asked for our help.” Chanyeol said.

I was listening to all these, while looking at the ‘disbelief’ expressions from all the members. SeHun interrupted, “In short, these two hyung actually met this girl ghost that needs their help.” I patted Chanyeol, “Chanyeol oppa, I need. Paper. Pen.”

The members saw his action of lowering his head and looking at the empty space between him and Baekhyun, they knew that something was there.

 

Chanyeol went and took a notebook and pen from his room and gathered the members around. Once again they saw an empty spot between Chanyeol and Baekhyun; again, they knew that I was sitting there. When I took the pen and notebook,

“Woah! The pen and notebook just disappear infront of my eyes!” Tao spoke. All the members saw it as well in disbelief. Only Baekyeol was neutral to it since they could see me.

 

“Hello, I’m RynnA. Nice to meet you all. Kris-sshi, please say it out. Thanks.” I then placed down the notebook and he read it out loud to the other members.

“RynnA, why you call Kris hyung, Kris-sshi, not oppa?” Chanyeol asked.

Kris heard it, “That’s because she know that we are not close.” He said it in his firm voice. I kind of understood what he said, so I nodded and added, “Ya, he is. A little. Cool. Use formalities first. You both. Good friend. So, call you oppa.” Baekyeol heard it and laughed out, as Chanyeol ruffled my hair, “Aigoo, RynnA ah~”. Sadly, the members only saw him lifting up his hand and moving left and right directions repeatedly.

 

Kris coughed a little to get back the attention, “Ok. So what you guys want to ask?” He said it as he slid back the notebook to the empty direction; precisely, back to me. He then continued, “For me, I will have to ask this although it’s kind of rude. So, how can they help you? I mean you’ve lost your memories though, and we are idols. How will they help you?”.

“Well, it is true though, but Baekyeol are the only people that I know in this place. If I recalled anything, I need someone to express what I want to tell; certainly, I need them. I won’t harm them nor distract them in EXO activities. I promised.”

“You will need to keep promise.” Kris said it firmly again before explaining our conversations to the members.

“Gosh! You just scare RynnA like that, hyung. How can you be so straight to her? She definitely won’t harm us or any of you guys.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol reassured it.

 

So, that day was filled with questions directed to me and I will have to answer each of their questions, and then to delivered them by both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. From those questions or the so-called investigation, the members have known everything about my story and my case. Not only that, they also find it funny when I rather choose Baekyeol over the 4 Chinese members, and that actually gave myself another trouble as it would be difficult to converse with them. So, they concluded that ‘bias’ or ‘favourite’ was indeed powerful to control one’s mind. *LOL!*

That day ended happily too as all their confusions and questions from a few days back were all solved.

 

I guessed it would be a brand new experience for EXO as they are no more living as 12, but 13; living with a girl ghost or rather I would say a lost soul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the first chapter?*keke~*

Then, SUBSCRIBE! (For AFF user) or BOOKMARK! (Non-AFF user)

COMMENT wanted!!!

If there's any part you don't understand, ask me through 'Comment'!! xD