Miss Imperfect

Prince Charming

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you.  ~Marsha Norman


I have always dreamed to be a singer, just like those girls with their flashing costumes. It feels like heaven up-stage, the way they sing, the way they move gracefully, the way they were loved by fans. It’s just heart-warming.

 

And that’s what I wanted to do with my life.

But apparently, no one is happy about it.

Why?

Because my parents own the biggest company in Korea and they are forcing me to take over it.

Like hell no, Le Queen Jung will never be ruled.

But seriously, I don’t want to end up sitting my ten whole hours simply directing, organizing… shouting at employees all day long.

I don’t want to grow old with full of fine lines and wrinkles and so…ugly. Like duh, I’m too beautiful for the job.

 

Let’s cut the chase, I declined the offer real BAD and sneakily ran away from home when everyone’s snoring their heads off.

And ever since, no one found me.

From Sooyeon, I changed my name to Jessica, as in Gorjessica. Lewls.

 

 

 

 

It’s been two years since I ran away, two freaking years and they already gave up on finding me.

Like man, they only paged me for about a month and after that they sort of give up.

My family loves me, don’t they?

 

 

 

 

 

I was a hobo for a day when this ahjumma found me sleeping on a bench at the park, she offered me kindly to live with her and ever since that day, I was with her.

Her name was Taeyeon Kim and her husband, Leeteuk Park is as nice as her. Like an angel, they let me stay with them since it’s only the two of them together.

Having a beautiful company like me is the greatest decision they ever made.

And they never regretted it, so do I.

She took care of me like a baby; he loves me like I’m his own princess. They gave their best to me, loving me just like how parents do to their kids.

Ba-dum.

Unlike my real parents who only shoved money in my face and pretend as if money can give me everything.

This old couple gave me that thing I’ve been yearning for years; LOVE and ACCEPTANCE.       

They encouraged me to do what I’ve always wanted to do, sing and perform in front of everyone.

And I did, after weeks of practicing; I won the singing contest. That day was the best day ever, and I know it was theirs too.

Because they finally had a daughter-figure to be proud of.

We looked like a perfect family, just like the Bear Family.

But we have to understand and remember that nothing lasts forever.

 

Several months ago, she was diagnosed with leukemia and eventually died.

Leeteuk ahjussi was devastated the same way I am, and weeks after he died of heart failure.

 

It was real sad to me because I haven’t moved on yet with Taeyeon ahjumma dead, and weeks after Leeteuk ahjussi, it really hurts me knowing that the only people who believed in me are already gone.

 

And once again, no one’s there to cheer me up and be my shoulder the same way ahjussi does.

 

 

My life was really screwed up that time, but then again I decided to move on.

Not for my dream to become a singer, but for my promise to Taeyeon ahjumma and Leeteuk ahjussi.

 

This is me, Jessica Jung.

I am Little Miss Imperfect.