oo3 : Owe it to my Rival?

Last Game
 —  Owe it to my Rival?
 
I start walking home through the pouring rain. I look up to the grey skies and regret not bringing another umbrella just incase. But who was I to know that someone would come up and ask for my umbrella.
*Achhoo* Gah, I have a hunch that, that girl was lying and actually had an umbrella. That's how it usually ends up.
After a couple minutes passed, I was completely drenched from head to toe. Unfortunately, I still had to keep walking through the pouring rain and cool winds. Since I had a couple more blocks before reaching my home.
My head started to hurt a bit. My surroundings started to blur and the sidewalk before me started to swivel.
Before I knew it, I...

fell to the ground.

Everything around me was slowly spinning and my head ached too much. My eye lids drooped and I felt compelled to fall asleep.
Before I knew it, everything around me had gone dark and my consciousness had slowly drifted away...


"Ugh..uhh.." My eye lids slowly opened up and the light above me shined brightly.
The sudden light took me off guard so my eyes were dialated a bit before I got use to it.
My head did not ache as much as it did before, so I believed I could get up now.
"AHH!" Bad decision. As soon as I sat up a sharp pain hit me and made me fall back down upon the...soft surface?
What? Where am I? Wasn't I on the side-walk?
I slowly tried to sit up again, being weary and cautious of how much or how quickly I move. I turn my head from my left to my right to check out my surroundings. This place did not look familiar. It was a natural normal Korean house. Nothing stood out nor did it seem like it cost much. I wonder who lives in such a shabby house?
"Ah. It seems you are finally awake." I looked to my right and saw none other than my most hated rival, Song Jieun. What was she doing here? Is this her place? Figures.
"Where am I?" I ask, just for confirmation.
"This is my house." She boredly replied, this girl really does not have any other expression or emotion.
"Why am I here?" Why was I here, I wonder? Did she bring me here? WAIT! Maybe she is like one of those fan girls! She brought me here and will do whatever she wanted to me! She's one of those crazed fan girls, isn't she?!! I need to get out of here!
I kicked off the blankets that were put upon me when I was sleeping, I tried to stand up and make a run for it to the front door. But, I guess my body and mind did not have the same thought. As soon as I had done all of that, I automatically fell back down upon the bed. "Oof!" My back bounced off the matress a bit until I just laid still on the matress.
"Are you done?" I looked over to her and saw that her bored expression did not change and neither did her tone. She doesn't looked surprised but I could detect a bit of annoyance in her eyes. This girl really has it out for me, I can tell...
I reluctantly nodded. "Good." She said before getting up and about to walk out of the door.
"The phone is downstairs. You should call your parents to pick you up." She said before fully walking out the door and shutting it closed.
"Tch. She doesn't need to tell me what to do." I said through slightly gritted teeth and took out my cellphone from my bag the was conveniently placed beside the bed. As I was going through my contacts(my many many contacts) my eyes started to drift around the room. The walls were nothing but a subtle pink. The desk was organized and painted white. Nothing out of the ordinary nor did anything stand out.
"Figures, this is probably her room. Seems just as boring as she-" My words started to drift off as my eyes landed upon a single framed picture that stood up on top of her night stand.
"Hmm?" I picked up the picture and saw a cute little girl sitting upon an older woman's lap. The woman looked like she was around her mid-20's at the time the picture was taken. I wonder who these two are?
"That's my mother and myself." I shot my head back up as I quickly put down the picture. I saw Jieun walk back into the room holding two bowls of dak yukgaejang.
"What?" I asked. How did she know what I was thinking?
"Cause you were talking aloud, even right now you are unaware of it." She plainly said as she set the two bowls upon a small white table that was in the middle of her room.
"Only you and your mother? What about your dad?" I said, but as soon as those words escaped my mouth, I wish I could have taken them back in.
"My dad left." Was all she said. She did not look at me nor did I need her to, to notice that she now had a sullen expression on her face and her voice became softer.
"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. Was I suppose to apologize? Say I was sorry? I can't do that, since we are rivals...
"It does not matter. It happened a long time ago. You must be hungry, I brought you some soup as well." She seemed to be back to normal. As if this whole conversation had never happened.
Did she choose to forget? That would be the more obvious answer.
"Yeah. Thanks." We both sat in silence as we ate. I decided to may be make the atmosphere a bit lighter.
"So, you got a great score on the test. Heh, you must like to study hard, right?" I asked. I stuttered a bit and was hesitant in asking. Seriously, who the hell likes to study?! What a dumb question!!
"Not really. But, I know I must if I want to get good grades. My mom has been there for me since I was little and has taken care of me all by herself. She was the one to always work hard to keep what was left of this family alive. So, I want to take care of her too when I grow up. I want to repay mom for all that she has done for me." Jieun's expression and tone has changed. She was not looking at me, yet she still sparkled a bit with determination. Her words were laced with sincerity.I could tell she meant everything she said.
I did not reply nor try to say anything else. I could tell when I should stop talking.
I sat there silently eating the food that she made.

It was the best dak yukgaejang I have ever tasted.
 
  

 
   
Author Note
⇒Hey guy! /slapped
Haha, sorry I haven't updated in like...a week and some :P
But I am sorta back now...sorta. Sorry for the short update, since I have other things going on atm too ><
School is starting up soon, like in 3 days soon. So I won't be on as much.
I'll be starting a new school and be going into high school this year(Freshies in the hoooouse!)
So, I just want to say I don't know when I will be on or not. I will try to update when I can though.
Anyways, I hoped this chapter was okay(though short) and please do comment and give feedback~
Thanks to all my wonderful subbies and readers who I love soooo mcuh~
Ta-ta for now~
-Panda3093-

layout credit