The beginning of the end

Where we'll be

No one's POV: 

"Make sure you dress up nice this evening" Kris said, kissing Tao's forehead before getting ready for work. Meanwhile Tao sat there in the kitchen frowning. Sure Kris said some odd things first thing in the morning after breakfast and today was no exception. 

"Why?" Tao asked, getting up walking into the bedroom where Kris was, sifting through the wardrobe to find his shirt 
"We're going out for dinner tonight" he replied and sighed, giving up whilst Tao wen't to search himself 
"With the others?" he asked 
"Nope. Just us two" Kris replied as Tao turned around and handed him his shirt, frowning. 

"Really?" he asked 
"Yep. We haven't really gone out and enjoyed ourselves in a while, just the two of us, so I thought it would be nice for us to just go out and enjoy ourselves" Kris explained before he started getting dressed. The dinner part was true. Kris wanted to take Tao out so the two of them could have an evening to themselves without the interruption of the others. What Tao didn't know was that Kris had a little surprise up his sleeve. 

-------

Walking into Xiumin and Chen's appartment, Sehun and Luhan frowned when they saw the two of them in the living room, pieces of bed scattered all over the place and two pouting fools in the middle. 

"What's wrong with you two?" Sehun asked 
"This" Xiumin replied, pointing to the pieces of a bed around him and Chen 
"We're trying to put a bed together for Xifeng... but we can't... we've been at it for almost two hours now" he added.

"Have you tried reading the instructions?" Luhan asked 
"Yes. I know the two of us haven't exactly used Mandarin as much as we would have done in the past... but this is ridiculous!" Chen replied, handing Luhan the instructions so he could have a look himself. It was there that Luhan read the instructions before he physically face palmed and hit the two across the head. 

"They're in Japanese, that's why you morons!" he said, causing the two of them to groan as there was a knock at the door and Joonmyun walked in, pausing when he saw the looks on Xiumin, Chen and Luhan's faces. 

"What's wrong with them?" he asked 
"Well, tweedle dee and tweedle dum here don't know their Mandarin as well as they thought they did" Sehun replied and Joonmyun frowned before pointing to the box in the hallway 
"This box arrived just as I did" he said, Chen sighing. 

"That will be the wardrobe" he muttered 
"Right, you two get up and start with the wardrobe whilst me and Sehun start on the bed" Luhan said 
"What am I suppose to do?" Joonmyun asked just as Jongin walked in with paint cans 
"Help you cousin here paint the room" Xiumin replied. 

"You're really going to trust us two with painting the room?" Jongin asked and the other four paused 
"You're right" Luhan muttered, taking the paint cans from him 
"Sehun and I will paint the room. Jongin and Joonmyun will put the bed together. Just make sure the two of you get the language right" he said and followed Sehun into Xifeng's room.

"Where are the others when you need them?" Chen asked, taking the wardrobe pieces out of the box whilst Xiumin searched for the correct instructions this time around. 

"Well three of our friends are currently in the army" Jongin began 
"And Kris and Tao are at work" Luhan added 
"Where's Yixing?" Xiumin asked 
"He was on night shift last night. He told me this morning that if I woke him just to come help you lot he would kill me and you" Joonmyun replied. 

"Really?" Jongin asked 
"Never underestimate Yixing. He can be scarier than you think sometimes" Joonmyun replied with Xiumin and Chen nodding in agreement before they got back to what they were suppose to be doing
"I think we'll go for Korean instructions this times" Xiumin said, laying the instructions out in front of him as he and Chen got to work with putting the wardrobe together. 

-------

Outfit sorted, hair styled to the best of his abilities, Tao was ready for his night out with Kris. All he had to do now was wait for Kris to finish getting ready and they could go. 

"Are you almost done?" he called into their bedroom 
"One more minute" came Kris' reply, making Tao sigh. For a man who wanted the two of them to spend some quality time tonight out with a meal... he was making sure to waste the time!

Ah but you see, Kris wasn't time wasting. He was bigging himself up.

Bigging himself up for what exactly? Well my friends this is a little secret of his he started planning back when he and Tao first started living in Canada! He kind of forgot about it though... until he came back to Korea and he had the others secretly helping him in planning out this day and helping him to perfect it so it didn't come crashing down on him on the actual day. All he had to make sure of was that Tao didn't find out. 

Easy right? 

Now that it was the actual day however, his heart was pounding and he could feel himself get more nervous by the second, even though they weren't anywhere near the restaurant yet! 

"Kris" Tao whined 
"Alright I'm coming" Kris replied, gathering his stuff together. Before leaving the bedroom, he made sure that a certain box was in his jacket pocket, checking it numerous times and avoiding the weird looks Tao shot at him as they drove to the restaurant. Everything was set... Kris just had to make sure he didn't screw it up... 


Can you guys guess what Kris is going to do? 

I may write it into the next chapter and I may not... depends if I really remember to or not :S 

Also, as the title of this chapter suggests... it is indeed the beginning of the end... I'm going to find it weird letting go of this series but it has to permanently end eventually!! *sighs* 

Until the next chapter!!