Meeting New People

She's My Princess

AMBER’s POV

 

I’m glad that somehow, Suzy and Jessica get along with each other. At least Jessica made human friends aside from me. Just what I expected, we didn’t finished all the food that we ordered and we ended up having them wrapped for take –out. After we had our dinner, we bought some school supplies and then we head home.

 

“I’m so tired.”I mumbled as I flopped on the couch when we arrived home.

 

 Jessica quietly sat down on the chair and keeps on checking her new stuffs. She admired her notebooks, cases and pens. I think they used different type of pen in their world, if ever they used one.

 

“Are you excited for tomorrow?”I questioned her and she shifted her attention to me.

 

“Yeah.”she answered with a smile. “I’m excited to learn with you in the same class.” she continued which made my face warm. “Your face is red. How do you do that?”she asked me innocently.

 

“I-It’s just that, i-it’s hot in here.”I stuttered and I know this is a lame excuse.

 

“Do you want me to freeze the room?”she questioned me.

 

“N-No!”I quickly replied as I looked back at her. “It’s not that hot now.”I sighed.

 

“But you’re face is still red.”she stated.

 

“I’m fine now.”I insisted as I got up on the couch. “We should go to sleep, we are still early tomorrow.” I said to her.

 

I went upstairs and she followed me behind. I said my good night to her before I enter my room. The next morning, I can see the excitement in Jessica’s face when we are walking our way into our school. She looks good in our school uniform and she looks like a normal human being. I notice that most of the guys followed their eyes on her.

 

“Yo! Amber!” Yuri called me when he saw me in the hallway.

 

“Hey!”I replied to him and I noticed he shifted his eyes on Jessica.

 

“Who is this beauty you are with?”Yuri asked me with a smile plastered on his face. He never left his eyes on her.

 

“She is Jessica Jung, she’s my distant relative.”I answered him. I already explained Jessica why I have to introduce her as my relative.

 

“You never told me that you have a very beautiful cousin bro.”Yuri replied. “My name is Kwon Yuri, is an honor to meet a very beautiful girl like you, Miss Jessica Jung.”he said to her.

 

Jessica just stared on him with a blank expression on her face. Yuri smile slowly turned into an awkward one when Sica didn’t replied to him.

 

“She’s a shy one, Yul.”I stated and laugh awkwardly.

 

“Oh!”Yuri scoffed. “You don’t need to be shy around me, Jessica.”he continued and chuckled.

 

Jessica didn’t respond to him but just looked away. I think she doesn’t like Yuri. I excused ourselve to him and head into our classroom. Our classmates surrounded Jessica and they introduced themselves to her.

 

“I didn’t expect that it will be your cousin everyone is talking about.” Victoria told me. She is my friend and seatmate.

 

“I didn’t expect either that everyone had been talking about her.”I retorted and scoffed.

 

“She’s the only one who got a perfect score in our school’s entrance exam.”She stated and giggled.

 

“So it had been spread around campus, huh.” I replied.

 

“It is in the front page in our school newspaper and was posted in our bulletin board.” she informed me which made me raised my brows.

 

Jessica took the vacant seat on the front row. She keeps on turning her head to me because I was seated on the third row across the room. I think she wants me to be her seatmate.

 

JESS POV

 

I want to sit next to Amber but I ended up sitting in the front row. I keep on glancing on him, telling him to transfer beside me but I think his stupid human brain didn’t get it because he did not transfer. Our morning class ended without me learning anything. The whole time I just keep on glancing and staring at Amber.

 

“You’re freezing Amber because of your stare, Sica.”Tiffany, my seatmate who became my friend told me.

 

“I won’t do that to him.”I answered her and she laughed on me.

 

“Do you feel uncomfortable being away from him?”she questioned me and I shook my head. “So why do you keep on looking at him?”

 

“I want him to sit next to me.” I answered her which made her raised her brows.

 

“Do you want me to switch places with him?”she asked me which draws a smile on my face. I nodded my head and she giggled. “Alright then, I’ll ask our homeroom teacher that you want your cousin to sit beside you.”

 

“Thank you, Tiffany.”I said to her.

 

“You’re welcome Jessica.”Tiffany replied with her eye smile.

 

She did ask our homeroom teacher to switch seats with Amber and I got happy when our homeroom teacher agreed on it. All of my classmates are good to me. I feel comfortable hanging with Tiffany, Victoria, Sunny and Yoona. They are good friends with Amber too like Suzy.

 

“Sica, you know now the way back into our house right?” Amber told me after our class.

 

“Why?”I questioned after I nodded my head.

 

“I have basketball practice this afternoon so I can’t go home with you now.”he said to me.

 

“Basketball?” I questioned him. I don’t have any idea what is it.

 

“Yeah, it’s a kind of game that we play.”He explained to me.

 

“I want to join.”I told him  and he stared on me before he laughed. I furrowed my brows and I don’t understand why he is laughing.

 

“Sorry, but only guys can join us. Just go home without me, okay?”he stated and said his goodbye to me.

 

I just watch him until he walked out of our room. It made me wonder what kind of game basketball is. I decided to follow Amber and on my way, I bumped into someone whom I thought is Amber.  He grabbed my wrist to stop me from falling on the floor and pulled me closer to him.

 

“Be careful, Miss.” he said to me.