Listening

She's My Princess

JESS’ POV

 

I’m happy that I got to go home early with Amber. Unlike before, he let me cling to him now. While we are walking on our way out in our school building, we stopped from our pace when we ran into Suzy. She greeted me politely and flashed her sweet smile to us.

 

“Is someone walking you home now?” Amber questioned her.

 

“Er…no.” she replied with timid smile.

 

“Oh, you can come with…”he paused when I gripped his arm tightly with my icy hand. “C-Cold,c-cold.”he whimpered to me softly. Suzy looked at him with confused looks in her face.

 

“I want to eat cakes.” I said to Amber. “I’m hungry.” I continued.

 

“O-Okay.” Amber replied with a smile.

 

“Oh, I and my friends are planning to go there too.”Suzy remarked which made me regret of saying those words to Amber. “Let’s go there together!”she added happily.

 

I want to get rid of her but it seemed like I’m making a situation where she could be with Amber. Her friends came and it seems they are acquainted with him. I was introduced to them and they greeted me politely. We head to the café together with my sister who met us outside our school.

 

“Amber, if Unnie is not your cousin, we will really think that you are her boyfriend.” Jia said which made me smile. I understand now what she is saying to him.

 

“Well, others are saying the same thing too.”Amber answered and laughed.

 

“Is it true Unnie that you just broke up with Donghae-oppa?” Fei asked me.

 

“Yeah, I did.” I answered her.

 

“Whoa! So that was true. All our male classmates rejoiced when you broke up with him.” She replied and scoffed.

 

“Amber, how come your cousins are beauty but you are not a Prince like?” Min asked him and chuckled.

 

“He will be, soon!” Krystal stated who is eating her mango cake. They all look at her weirdly.

 

“So!” Amber spoke which made them turn their attention to him. “You girls are aware about this serial killer killing younger girls, right?”he questioned and they all nodded their head.

 

“I heard he is just roaming around here.” Suzy spoke.

 

“That’s right! So you better stay inside your house during night time. I think that psycho is fond of girls.” Amber said to them.

 

“Well, if he will come to me, I will kick him on his balls!” Jia said which made all of them laugh except me and my sister.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I think Jessica and Krystal can’t relate to what the other girls are talking. We are having this awkward paused and silence every time one cracked a joke and they will just stay silent and looked at us with their cold eyes. Obviously, Jessica doesn’t want me to get close to Suzy but she have to let her walk home with us because we are heading in the same direction. Krystal is enjoying drinking her mango juice and I think she likes mangoes.

 

“Home sweet home!” I exclaimed as I dropped my bag on the floor and slumped on the couch.

 

“Stupid, I noticed that those girls want you to become their mate.” Krystal spoke when she sat down on the couch opposite to mine.

 

“They are just my friends.” I answered with a nervous smile because I can feel Sica piercing her eyes on me.

 

“I’m your only mate too, right?” Sica questioned me which made me looked at her.

 

“Well, he told me that he loves you Unnie. He feels…”

 

I leaped across the center table just to cover Krystal’s mouth. She looked surprise of what I did because she’s staring at me with widened eyes.  Her stare turns into a glare and that’s my cue to let go of her.

 

“You stupid!” she said angrily and a strong cold wind blew me back to the couch beside Sica.

 

I thought that stuff only happens to animes but I think it happens to real humans too. I’m thankful that I landed on a cushion and not on a cement because I will surely break my backbone.

 

“You deserve that.” Sica said to me coldly. “You shouldn’t touch her face carelessly.” She continued.

 

“Sorry!” I apologized halfheartedly. “I will take a rest.”I continued and got up.

 

I picked up my bag and head upstairs. I can feel their eyes on me, but the hell I care. I will get killed if I hang with them too long. My room is the safest place for me, except if Sica will invade it. I close the door behind and turn on the heater. I take off my uniform to change into my casual clothes. When I pulled down my pants, Sica suddenly appear which made me widened my eyes.

 

“What the hell!” I exclaimed and quickly pulled up my pants.

 

She looked at me with furrowed brows and I don’t know if it is normal in their Kingdom for the girls to see guys on their underwear only.

 

“Please, don’t just pop up!” I told her as I cover my upper body with my hand.

 

“Are you cold?”she asked me.

 

“No! I’m covering my body for you not to see it.” I retorted.

 

I slowly move back when she slowly walk close to me. I am not sure if she is seducing me right now but my heart began to pound. I am not ready to do heavenly stuffs with her yet.

 

“S-Stop! D-Don’t come to me.”I said to her as I extend my right hand, motioning her to stop.

 

I stopped moving back when I got trapped on the wall. She didn’t stop from walking and I gulp when she stands close to me. She removed my hand that’s covering my body and I start to close my eyes. I feel her face press on my chest and when I open my eyes, I saw her closing her eyes while listening to my heartbeat. A smile then drawn to her face and I can’t help but to blushed seeing her innocent face. My heart is surely beating irregularly right now.

 

“Does your heart always having this sound every time I’m around and close to you?”she questioned me and then lifted up her head to meet my eyes.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I answered timidly as I looked away. I steal a glance on her and I saw her grinned.

 

She rested her head back on my chest and we stayed in that position. Even though her body is really cold, I think I will bear it just a little longer.