...3

So It Begins (EDITING) (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I frowned as I stepped out of the arrival hall, the air was bad and the crowd in the airport was not making it any better. The cold weather made people around rushing about to be in a warmer place. For a few times, I stumbled from the shoulder knocking and the constant abuse of my heels from the trolleys behind. Brushing away the strands of hair from my face, I tried to move at a faster pace, towards the bright yellow board ahead. When I reached the queue for the taxi counter, I fumbled with my phone and inserted the local SIM card. Few moments after the Samsung opening theme, another tone began; it was my ringtone.

            "What?" I sandwiched the device between my ear and my shoulder as I struggled to take out my purse from my handbag.

            "Hello, how may I help you?" The receptionist wore a stiff smile and nodded at me.

            "A trip to Myeongdong, please." With practiced movements, the receptionist swiftly printed out the taxi coupon and already waiting for my payment. 

            "I'm hella sure that politeness is not for me." I rolled my eyes at the person on the other line and paused my reply for him as I paid for the coupon and muttered a thanks.

            "You're damn right." I spoke into the phone while leaving the counter for my ride.

            "Don't be so mean, my soon-to-be-roommate. Anyway, you're taking cab right? I'll be closing my salon soon, so let's just meet up at the restaurant-"

            "Don't hang up first!" I grunted when I exerted force to free my luggage that was blocked by something and I heard his laughter.

            "What's the name of the restaurant again? Can't I just go to your salon first? I don't want to wait for you there alone..." Mumbling out the last part, I heard him calling my nickname.

            "IU, you'll be fine. We'll meet up real soon. The restaurant is closing in an hour time so go there first before the last order. I still have one more customer here. Oh right, before I forget, the name is Gogung."

            I bit my lip and muttered an 'okay'. He said something again and I smiled a little before ending the call. At this time, it was my turn and I handed the piece of paper to the working staff. Then, the taxi driver loaded my luggage and I climbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter