..2

So It Begins (EDITING) (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo’s POV

            The dawn was breaking soon, and I was nearing the spot where I hid my clothes. Then, I felt the familiar rush of heat before standing on two legs. I crouched down to a particular area near the large bald tree and begun to sweep away the snow, exposing  the dull brown ground beneath it. The soil was loose from my previous digging. From there, I took out my change of clothes and slipped them on. My heart was still beating at a rather fast pace, and the adrenaline from the chase earlier had not entirely died away. However, I felt calmer and more controlled, especially after filling my famine.

            I sat down and leaned against the bare tree trunk. The white flakes continuously drifted down from above. Staring ahead, I watched the paw prints on the white blanket from the direction I came from slowly disappearing with the falling snow. Everything was pale in colour, even the brown of the denuded trees in the forest seemed to have faded, leaving no sign of distraction. It was peaceful, but I did not like it because I could almost hear her voice again in my mind. Sighing, I stood up and dusted away the white particles on my hair before pulling up the hood of my jacket. I better go back before she occupies my thoughts again…

            ‘D.O? You went for a hunt?’

            It was Joonmyun hyung and I ignored his rhetorical question.

            ‘Everything is scarce already because of the winter, but with your constant hunting, I doubt there are anything left for us.’

            I chuckled at his statement.

            ‘I know, hyung. That’s why now I’m heading to buy some ingredients back. Those two brats finished two day's worth of supplies last night.’

            ‘You know why, they practiced hard for their dance performance later in the evening.Well, see you back at home.’

            At this time, I jumped over the chain-link fence, easily avoiding the barbed-wire loops that topped it. Once I landed on the ground on the other side; I began to jog, hurrying to make it out of the area. As I thought back on what Joonmyun hyung said, I smiled. It had been more than a year, but the mention of ‘home’ was still heartfelt to me. I could not help but to think that having a ‘home’ was surreal, because it was always a short while. I barely could recall the detailed features of my parents; I was so young when I lost them. And then, she was my second ‘home’. My hand shot up in reflex when the sunlight reflected into my eyes from the window of the car ahead.

            The sun was bright, but in the midst of winter, it was not even warm. I relaxed my fingers, allowing streaks of glare slipping through them and shone on my face. I just hope, this time my home…will remain for a long time. I was surprised at myself that, within a year, I became so close to Joonmyun hyung and the others. Although our first meeting was not memorable, but they kept me alive, in many ways. I would have died if they showed up slightly later; either killed by Sunggyu and his pack or myself ending my own life.

            Admist the disarray, I hated myself, my ability and even my existence more than anything, I could still hear how her breathing getting shallower and shorter, along with her heartbeats that gradually came to a stop. It was an agonizing experience, when I knew she was dying and… I could not do anything. I still remembered myself that was hopelessly searching for the steady heartbeats that belonged to her, before I out. When I woke up, I was in a bed and Joonmyun hyung was just coming into the room I was staying in. What happened afterwards was unpleasant; I was almost drowned by hyung because I lost control just at the mere statement of his- 'I am sorry for your loss'.

            Being with a pack and gradually became one of them was at first perplexing and foreign. Particularly, when Joonmyun hyung told me that we were the same. The similarity he meant was the supernatural abilities that we have. I never dreamed of meeting anyone else that was born naturally with the power like myself-Домогт хүмүүс. In fact, I never acknowledged this term that was addressed to me by the monster, until Joonmyun hyung told me beings like us, Домогт хүмүүс did exist and there were in total of twelve of us. Hyung said that they tracked me down ever since they had sensed my presence a few days before saving me from Sunggyu and his pack. I was the sixth one Joonmyun hyung found and he was determined to find the other half. He never told us me the reason he wanted to do so, but I just went along with him because joining this search made me stop thinking of her for…most of the time.

            Since then, I got used to Joonmyun hyung and the rest. We never stayed long in one place, at most half a year and we would be going to other cities, countries. Bozeman, Montana was our sixteenth destination during my a little more than one year of stay with them. Somehow this time, we were staying here longer than I expected. The younger ones in the pack even attended the school here. I never really know what was Joonmyun hyung thinking; what I saw in him was only the surface. I knew his other sides were hidden profoundly in him. Just like his ability-water; Joonmyun hyung was deep, mysterious and best left undisturbed.

            I felt the stare of the butcher when I was piling the basket in my hands with stacks of meat and intestines. Turning around, I flashed a smile. The butcher blinked and etched a small grin on his mouth.

            “Big meat party.” Offering the butcher an explanation, he just nodded and in his lips. Usually, I would not buy such amounts at one time, but today I just felt like it.

            “You youngsters must have wolf appetite.” The meat person finally spoke after punching some numbers into the cash machine.

            “Yeah, you have no idea…,” Of how big of our appetite. I bowed, hiding my smirk after paying and left the shop.

            “We are wolves, after all…” I mumbled to myself and decided that it was time to go back.

❈❈❈

            The door swung open right after I stepped on the doorstep, revealing a rather tall male in front of me.

            “Finally hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter