Meeting Byunghun

Big Hit Entertainment

After that little incident I had with... what was his name again? Oh right, Ljoe. He asked me if I wanted to get a drink with him. My flight didn't take off until 7:00AM and I had to be on the plane by 6:30, it was only 6:00, since I had some time to spare, I agreed. 

 

"So, Sunyoung", the red haired boy started out "I couldn't help but look at your plane ticket and notice that you're headed to Seoul?"

 

It took me a second to process what he said at first. I glanced at the ticket in my hand and smiled at him. 

 

"Yeah, I'm so excited!", I exclaimed "So, Ljoe, where are you headed?" 

 

"Just call me Byunghun. I'm going to Seoul too, just in case you're wondering, I'm not following you or anything." 

 

Byunghun. I'll remember that. 

 

I laugh and playfully pushed him away while we made our way towards a quaint little cafe in the airport. 

 

Ljoe, being the gentleman I assume he is, held the door open for me and followed quickly behind as I walked in. The place had a nice cozy feel to it and smelled of coffee. I loved it. 

 

We found a spot to sit and I watched as Byunghun got up to order us something to drink. Goddamn, how can someone be so good looking from the back too. 

 

After awhile, my eyes unconsciously made their way back to Ljoe. I scanned him up and down and made little comments about him in my head. 

 

From the back his hair looks  perfect. His figure is perfect. The way he stands is perfect. His voice is soft and angelic. Even his choice in clothes is perfect. His backview in general is perfect. , what am I even doing with my life. 

 

Biting my lip to keep my smile from showing, my train of thought was interrupted when I noticed Ljoe making his way back to our table. He handed me my drink and flashed his charming smile. I took a sip of the coffee he had bought me and gave him a small smile. 

 

"So Ljoe, tell me about yourself!" 

 

He looks up from his coffee and looks at me before talking. 

 

"Well, I lived in Oregon for a bit, I was born November 23 1993, my real name is Lee Byunghyun, I compose my own music and also I was recently put into a new group about to debut, Teen Top, I rap. That's why I'm going to Seoul! I think  that's about it, now your turn!"

 

Well that's just great. Cute and talented. .  

 

I hesitate for a second before answering. I was caught off guard to be honest and I had somewhat of a talent being able to sing and dance and all, but he's debuting, starting his career as an official pop star soon. 

 

"Oh uh, well, as you know my name is Lee Sunyoung, born December 1 1995 in Seattle. I can sing and dance and maybe rap a little. I'm going to Seoul to audition and attend school!" 

 

 After I had finished talking, I wasn't exactly satisfied with my answer, but it's too late to take it all back. 

 

Byunghun's face immediately lit up after hearing about me attending school in Seoul. I wonder why. 

 

"Sunyoung!", he shouts at me "Which shool are you attending?" 

 

I was quite taken aback by his sudden outburst but more so embarrassed as the whole cafe is now staring at us and whispering. We both apologize and lower our voices before returning to our conversation.

 

"Oh. I'm going to S.S.P.A, Seoul's School of Performing Arts. Why do you ask?" there was a slight hint of happiness in my voice as I already knew what his answer was going to be..I think. 

 

"Me too! We can hangout and be friends!" again, he shouts. The whole cafe is now staring at us again, I try to cover my face with my jacket sleeves but i don't think it's helping. 

 

I glance over at the time and it's 6:20AM

 

"Listen, Byunghun, it was nice to meet you and I'd love to sit and talk longer, really,  but I must go catch my flight, I'll see you around alright? Maybe in school?" I say hurriedly while grabbing my bag and scurrying out the door, leaving the cute red haired boy dumbfounded. 

 

[on the plane]

 

I shove my bag into the compartment above and plop down into my seat taking deep breaths. Why did I have to leave? That was probably the last time I'll ever get to talk to Byung- 

 

"Sunyoung, Lee Sunyoung, is that you?" a soft voice calls out to me.

 

I look away from the window to face the person and to my surpise it was Byunghun. My jaw dropped at the sight of the visually talented boy whom I saw just a matter of minutes ago. I slowly close my mouth, a little embarrassed. 

 

He drops into the seat beside mine and turns to face me. Oh my god. Is this really his seat? If it is then, Hallelujah, praise the Lord. I smile and the next thing you know, I got my answer. Inside, I was doing my happy dance and jumping up and down in glee, outside I was probably smiling like an idiot. Who knows? 

 

"Sunyoung, pleasure meeting you again! I guess you'll be stuck with me for the whole plane ride to Seoul" he says while rubbing the nape of his neck and letting out an awkward but adorable laugh. 

 

Trying with all my might to hold back the squeals I've been wanting to let out, I manage to say "Yeah, I guess so." 

 

We exchange smiles as we both ease into our seats preparing for the long ride ahead of us.

 

This plane ride just got a wholeee lot better.