Chapter 42

EX17E As One

 

42
 
"What do you mean, I'm adopted?" Chanyeol asked.
 
Kris nodded and sighed without making eye contact with him.
 
Everyone sat in a circle in the living room. Some people had confused faces on while others fell sullen and had a sad look to the floor.
 
"That can't be..." Chanyeol whispered nervously.
 
"It's... I'm... Sorry." Kris huffed and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"We just didn't know how to tell you, bro." Kai took a short glance at Chanyeol.
 
Chanyeol gave a disgusted look to Kai and scoffed. "Don't bro me if you don't know me."
 
Chanyeol gave out a frustrated grunt and stood up furiously. He stomped away upstairs and left everyone dumbfounded.
 
"Well then..." Cherie bit her lip and looked to the others.
 
"Go talk to him." Emma whispered to Kris and nudged him.
 
"I can't. He'll get angrier. You're his actual sister so why don't you?" Kris sighed and gave her a questioning look.
 
"We don't know that for sure." Kalena corrected and stood up to walk to Kai.
 
"You. Go." Kalena directed and pointed to the hall way the led to the stairs.
 
"He'll get mad at me too." Kai shrugged and laid back on the couch.
 
Kalena sighed and looked over to Suho.
 
"Don't look at me. I'm not good with sad talks." Suho pouted.
 
"We'll there's no choice then." Kalena shrugged and turned around.
 
She met eyes with Jasmine, who was chatting with Amanda, trying not to be tangled in the situation.
 
"Jasmine." Cat poked her sister. "Pleeeease."
 
"Don't even being your aegyo into this Catriona." Jasmine glared at her little sister.
 
"Tao oppa can you help?" Cat looked at him.
 
Tao smiled and looked at Jasmine. He raised his fists to his cheeks before letting out a high pitched call.
 
"Bbuing bbuing!!!!!" Tao squealed, causing all the girls to die of aegyo.
 
"Yah. Stop it before you make these girls faint." Jasmine sighed and stood up. "Fine. But if Chanyeol gets angrier, it's Kris fault."
 
"Hey!" Kris glared at her.
 
Jasmine shrugged before heading upstairs to where Chanyeol was. 
 
She walked down the hallway to the EXO boys' room and opened the door to find it empty. Jasmine huffed before closing the door and walking to the whole other end of the hallway.
 
She put her ear to the door and heard someone faintly cursing words to themselves. From the deep voice, she could hear it to be Chanyeol.
 
She slowly opened it an inch or two before taking a step in. Even her foot couldn't make it back to the ground before Chanyeol yelled for the person to go away.
 
"Chanyeol. It's me." Jasmine silently called and waited for a response.
 
After not hearing any, she decided to step in and close the door behind her. She found him lying on the bed and had one arm covering his eyes.
 
"Oppa." Jasmine pouted and poked his arm.
 
"What do you want?" He asked coldly.
 
Jasmine widened her eyes. Never has she heard him so mean. Kris was always the y faced one and Kai was the aggressive fighter. Chanyeol was always so smiley and was nicknamed the happy virus.
 
"What's wrong?" Jasmine asked and sat on the bed next to him.
 
"What's wrong? Didn't you just hear what happened?" Chanyeol stared at Jasmine quizzically. 
 
"Well yeah. We all did." Jasmine smiled and patted his shoulder.
 
"I've been lied to all this time." Chanyeol sighed and laid his head to the side to look at Jasmine.
 
"Everyone gets lied to. The truth hurts, doesn't it?" Jasmine bitterly smiled and looked to the ground.
 
"Oh jeez." Chanyeol quickly sat up and put an arm around Jasmine. "I'm sorry."
 
"No, it's okay." Jasmine shook her head. "As long as you're happy then I'll be fine."
 
Chanyeol pulled her closer and patted her head softly. "I'm fine, just a little confused."
 
Jasmine nodded and looked to Chanyeol. "So, what are you planing to do now?"
 
"Well... I'm going to meet my new family." Chanyeol smiled and let out a loud sigh.