Chapter 38

EX17E As One

 

38
 
"We were only fifteen years old. It was when our family was going through tough times." Jasmine huffed. "Our older brother was supposed to take on the role of becoming the next heir to the company but instead he went on with his messed up life."
 
"You guys have a brother?" Minzy asked.
 
"Yeah." Jasmine nodded. "Yoseob. He was the perfect child to have as the next company heir but then he got into fights."
 
Kalena and Cat nodded, knowing this part of the story.
 
"This is where we met Cherie. You see, Cherie isn't our actual sister, but we sort of adopted her." Jasmine bit her bottom lip.
 
"Really?" Amanda whispered, trying not to break the silence.
 
"Mmhmm..." Cherie nodded and reminisced the memories to herself.
 
"At this time, our cousins came to visit with all of there friends of course." Jasmine looked to the exo boys. "At first they were so rude and they didn't even crack a smile to us."
 
"They were rude." Cat smiled. 
 
"I was scared of them." Kalena chuckled.
 
The exo boys chuckled a little and nodded, remembering how they used to be like.
 
"I was going to look for Kris to tell him how they were being rude but when I was about to enter the room, I stopped to listen in because he was talking to my brother." Jasmine explained.
 
Everyone scooted closer to the edge of their seats, waiting for Jasmine to go on with her story.
 
"I remember it like thy were talking just yesterday. Yoseob told Kris how he was leaving and that Kris needed to look over me and the girls so that we don't become like him." Jasmine sighed. "I didn't know what that meant until later on. Yoseob didn't want us to become gangsters like him."
 
She smacked her hand on the couch in anger and that scared everyone, even the boys because they didn't know this part of the story.
 
"That stupid jerk..." Jasmine held back tears. "He did the exact opposite and ruined our lives."
 
"Unnie.." Cat squeezed her lips, afraid of throwing more fire on Jasmine's flame.
 
"Let her go on. She needs to let this out." Kalena sighed and placed her hand on Cat's shoulder.
 
"If only he didn't lie to me and start making me train." Jasmine sighed. "I worked so hard.. But I did it for all the wrong reasons."
 
Kai and Chanyeol stood up to go sit next to Jasmine, wrapping an arm around her to prevent her from crying.
 
"She worked so hard.." Kai mumbled.
 
"She kept going. Even after she got hurt bad, she still tried and went on like nothing happened." Chanyeol ruffled Jasmine's hair. 
 
"I worked so hard because Kris told me that's the only way my brother would come back. He told me it was the only way to make my family proud." Jasmine sighed and wiped a tear away. "If only I knew..." 
 
"Kris wasn't always like that." Kai smiled a bit.
 
"Yeah, he was actually nice." Chanyeol nodded.
 
"That was before we became a gang though, right boys?" Kai looked at the exo boys all curled up on the floor. They all nodded.
 
"Kris is such a face." Jasmine chuckled. "Look at this monster he's created."
 
Jasmine sighed and hugged herself like she was protecting her body from something.
 
"Even after he made us one of the best gangs, my brother never came back. He never even called." Jasmine closed her eyes. "Kris knows why. He's the one that made my brother leave."
 
Everyone gasped at the sudden news and looked at each other.
 
"Kris just needed to become the best gang in South Korea. Such a selfish jerk." Jasmine shook her head. "Look at me. Look at what he made me! I'm a monster that fights and ruins people's lives!"
 
Everyone looked at Jasmine and felt sorry for her. She went through so much, hoping to get so little, and ending up with nothing.
 
"Is Kris finally happy? Of course not! That freaking conceited mind of his doesn't even know what I had I go through because of him!" Jasmine yelled. "I started risking the lives of my sisters because I thought it would make everything better but now were living a life of danger!" 
 
Emma sighed and stood up. She went over to Jasminea me pulled her in for a hug.
 
"It'll be okay Jasmine. Everything will be fine." Emma whispered in her ear.
 
That did it. That mad Jasmine burst and let out her tears. One by one all the girls took turns to hug Jasmine and tell things would be alright.
 
While everyone was having a sappy moment, Emma made her way down the hallway, up the stairs, and to the room that Kris was alone in.