Ⅰ, Chapter 1

you are my ᴅᴏωɴғᴀʟʟ.

 

CHAPTER 1

(not proofread. As always xD)



 

Beautiful. Devastatingly beautiful.

He told me he'd come tonight to present me the biggest surprise I'd ever seen. At least those were his words. He said we'd be closer than we had ever been, and that I'd be his forever, and he mine. I still remember it so clearly, him whispering those sugar sweet words to me, and I'm probably the happiest girl on earth right now. Lying on the sofa, I stare at the ceiling, painting colorful pictures of my happiness in my mind, lots of rainbows, butterflies- everything mixed together in one, and so I wait, and I think I'd wait forever. What's taking him so long? I close my eyes, smile on my face, and try to summon his picture into my head. Silky, blond hair, framing eyes of a chocolate brown color. But the image on my mind doesn't do the real one justice at all. Devastatingly beautiful. So beautiful it hurts.

If I want to, I can even hear his gentle voice, as if he was right beside me, breath tickling my ear.

 

I love you, Eunji. You're the prettiest girl on this planet. I won't ever let go of you. We're meant to be, and there's no one who can change that fact.

 

He's so good with sugar coated words. He's always been, from the first day on.

 

With him filling my every thoughts and dreams, I fall asleep without even noticing.

 

When I wake again, I feel like just a few minutes have passed, and my head aches, my throat is dry. And he isn't here yet. Yet again. But I've grown used to it, he always is late, but as sure as I know that I also know that he always keeps his promises. He cannot break his word. Another thing I love about him. I arise slowly and glance at the clock, it's around 11pm already, and I'm lucky my parents aren't here to scold me, since no matter what, I have to wait. I have to see him before I go to sleep, I have to know what he wanted to show me. And then I want to taste his warm lips. Or rather, want him to let me taste them.

Beside me, the TV runs, but I've turned off the tone a while ago, afraid to miss the doorbell ring. It could ring any moment now. My hands reach for the water bottle automatically and I take a few long gulps before returning to my state of waiting. I wonder why I never grew tired of it. Probably because he makes up for it with everything he does and says, proving me a million times how much he loves me. Treasures me. I'm the most important girl in his live, and he's the most important person to me.

 

We're meant to be. We're meant to be.

 

I keep repeating that one sentence over and over. Maybe I'll explode from happiness before he even arrives. I can't help but chuckle over my own, silly joke and let myself fall into the pillows again. No way I will.

 

Ding dong.

 

The bell rings only once and I know it is him. At exactly 12pm, I open the door to find the most handsome boy in this world confronting me. I beam at him like an idiot, and he rewards me with a smirk from his side. It makes my heart flutter, this guy isn't healthy for me.

 

"Hey." I say stupidly, making way to let him pass, but he won't. He just stares at me with an expression I can't read at all, but for some weird reason it makes me nervous, I bite my lip. "What is it?" I ask, and then his gaze meets mine, and everything of the weird feeling vanishes into thin air as if it had never been there. That's the kind of effect he has on me. He cups my face with his hands and pulls me very close.

"It's nothing. I just thought that you look beautiful tonight." His compliment is all that is needed to make me blush like a schoolgirl, and I'm partying inwardly. He noticed that I've put a lot of effort into my makeup and hair today, because today is supposed to be special. When he pulls away, I'm a bit sad, but I let him lead me into the living room, where the TV is still running. I forgot to turn it off compeletly. He does it instead.

"I'm sorry to have made you wait. But I assure you, it was worth it."

"I know." I say truthfully, I trust him with all my heart. The next thing I know is that I'm lying on the sofa, his face hovering right above mine as he leans in for a kiss- that's what I've been waiting for. I expect everything to happen, my feelings to overflow, hell, even my heart to burst with love- but it's nothing like that. I feel a terribly tight grab around my heart, like someone is grabbing it forcefully, ready to rip it out of my chest, and my vision gets fuzzy, for a moment I see only black and white. And then, his face.

Devastatingly beautiful. So beautiful it hurts, and this time, for real. I want to avert my eyes because they're burning, hurting, yet am unable to look away. He's still smiling. Why, when I'm in so much pain? Why are you smiling, and I am not? Didn't you say it'd be the best day in my life? Didn't you tell me we'd be forever together? Didn't you love me? I don't even know whether he's still kissing me or not. My whole body has gone numb, numb from his mesmerizing eyes, gaze, glare piercing me. And, I love him.

 

That night, he took my colors and dreams away.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

"Eunji, will you go serve table 6 ?" My coworker asks, and I snap out of my daydream. Why do I have to recall those unpleasant memories again? It's over, it's in the past, and I can't change what happened anymore, can only learn from it. Still I find it weird that right on this rainy day I have to think of him again. Him who promised everything just to take away my everything.

"Right away." I glance at the order, it's nothing out of ordinary, and go to deliver it immediately. "Here you go." The two guys with their female friend thank me and shoot me some glances, then return to focus on their conversation. They must be disappointed to not have a cute waitress serve them. Sorry for that. I'm about to go and get the order of a couple that has called for me a second ago when a hand suddenly grabs my shoulder and keeps me from doing as I wanted. I freeze at the spot. Stay calm, I think, it's probably just another costumer who's busy and wants to pay fast. With my most professional smile plastered into my lips, I turn around, to find me face to face with- perfection. I feel a throb in my heart and quickly lower my gaze so that I don't have to look at the strangers face anymore. Faces like that can't be good, they only bring trouble.

"Why didn't you tell me you-" The gorgeous guy starts, but stops in mid sentence to examine me, I can literally feel it. "Never mind. I mistook you for someone else." Still not looking at him, I shrug. "It's okay, things like this happen. Can I help you with something?" He doesn't respond right away so he must be thinking, and I wish he'd think faster.

"Actually... Maybe you can." He sighs and I expect the worst, but all he says is: "Please look at this. Have you seen her? She's a middle school student. About your height, and her name is..." He pauses again. "What does her name matter." I dare to take a glimpse at the photo he's holding, and to my bad luck, it's enough for me to get a closer look at him. Thinking about it, he doesn't resemble him much. The strangers hair is dark brown, his skin tone rather pale, and his eyes as black as charcoal. Though it feels like this eyes are holding a lot of secrets. I mentally force myself to concentrate on the picture instead of him, searching my memory for any moment, no matter how small, in which I might've seen that girl today- but I find none, and instantly feel bad for being useless.

"I'm terribly sorry, I haven't seen her around." He nods, not showing any emotional reaction to my statement, which makes me a bit curious. "Is she your sister?" I wonder, and the guy shakes his head. I can't help but notice how his soft looking brownish hair shines in the artificial light of the cafe.

"We aren't related," he states, and I feel like he finds it amusing that I asked, because his lips had twitched for a second, as if to stifle a laugh. Dumbfounded, I don't know what to say anymore, so I excuse myself to continue my shift. What I do notice is that he glances after me as I leave, expression indifferent, but certainly a bit surprised.

 

As soon as my shift is over, I hurry home and sit on my desk with a blank piece of paper before me. Charcoal of all kinds of colors lies beside me, as well as colored pencils and various other tools used for drawing. My gaze scans the walls of my room, plastered with colorful pictures I drew, each and every one of them unique in its own way. I seriously treasure all those pictures, although I start to doubt that I was the one who created them. I frown and shift my gaze towards the empty paper, practically glaring at it as if it'd fill itself with colors then. Naturally it stays as empty as my creative mind. Until a picture surfaces on it, and I unconsciously reach for a pencil, scribbling onto the paper, creating edgy lines on it, blending to create shadows, and when I finish the first picture I've drawn since that night, I jump out of my chair in shock. I don't know if it means anything or if I'm being overly cautious, but the black and white sketch clearly shows the guy from this afternoon, in a way so detailed it scares the crap out of me. If this means something, I'm not eager to find out at all.

I think about ripping the image to pieces. Somehow I can't bring myself to do it.

 

 


Here goes chappi 1. Probably the first and for some time last chapter I'll post, even though I've finished 6 chapters of this already. I want to keep that backup because my motivation to write wavers so much xD (you could change that though, dear reader //shot).

Either way, please leave a comment, will you? :>