Jung Saem Mool

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

20 September 2013

8:46 PM EST

 

Entry #12 SKIN: Jung Saem Mool

 

Dear Beauty Diary,

Introducing, top Korean makeup artist, Jung Saem Mool. She owns the famous and well-acclaimed Jung Saem Mool Studios, where Kpop artists and Korean actress alike get their make up done. Groups like Wonder Girls and Miss A have all been famous customers. Korean actresses like Kim Tae Hee are huge fans of this genius makeup artist too. Even famous Korean pop idols, such as Hyuna, Lee Hyori, and BoA, have all had their makeup drawn by this wonderful, talented lady. And today, I will present to you guys, my sweeties, her brilliant skincare tips.

 

*NOTE: The video takes a while to appear. Wait a few minutes or refresh the page to view. The video may also say that the video player is too small, but within a few seconds, the video usually begins playing anyway. If the video does not start, simply find the title of the video near the top of the video player, click on the link, and view the video on YouTube in a separate window.

 

01. Basic Cleansing

Here is Jung’s step-by-step tutorial on how to properly and gently cleanse your skin. You do not have to follow this tutorial exactly and may alter or change some steps. The important thing is, take note on how gentle the model treats her skin. She does not tug, rub, or scrub her skin in a very rough and careless manner. Her fingers slide gently across the surface of her face with care as she applies the product. Be sure to also take note on the direction in which her hands move. Her hands never pull down on her skin, and just like her, you should always pull upwards with your hands. This way, it can help improve the firmness and elasticity of your skin. Pulling down will only cause it to sag!

 

 

02. Pore Control

Have trouble with enlarged pores? Jung has some tips for you! Not only does she reveal some helpful tips and techniques in this video, she also showcases some of her favorite products for dealing with pores. Don’t worry if these products are hard-to-get or simply too expensive. You may always use another product in place of the ones she uses. For example, the “Pearl Bright Cleansing Mousse” by Mikimoto Cosmetics may be replaced by any other type of cleansing mousse. Take care, cleansing mousses are different from your average cleanser. These types of cleansing mousses are super foamy. Just scrub a small amount in your palm, and it should become a huge puff of foam.

 

 

03. Soothing and Moisturizing Acne-Prone Skin

Last but not least, let’s talk about moisturization. Believe it or not, this may be the most important part in any skin care routine, especially for acne-prone skin. Even oily skin needs moisture. I have mentioned before and stressed before and emphasized before exactly how important moisturizing the skin is. And Jung is here to reinforce that principle. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! For clarification, yes, Jung does use milk as an exfoliant. I have mentioned in my previous post that milk may be very detrimental to the skin, so I would suggest to opt for yogurt instead. Simply replacing the milk with yogurt can be a huge improvement. Just apply some natural (organic and 100% fat free) yogurt onto the already-clean skin. Leave the yogurt on until the it is dry. Then rinse with lukewarm water. Yogurt will provide the same, if not better, results. Remember, you are welcome to replace any of the products she uses in the video.

 

 

That's all I have for now, sweeties.

For more beauty tips and makeup tutorials, be sure to check out more videos from her YouTube channel.

She's fluent in English and all, if not most, of her videos are subtitled in English. Her fluency in English also comes in handy when you want to make a request. She'll be able to understand the comments you write to her, and if you have any questions, she may be able to answer you back!

Have fun!

 

From, 

applecyanide.