Secrets to Perfect Hair

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

15 August 2013

1:44 PM EST

Entry #7 HAIR: Secrets to Perfect Hair

  

Dear Beauty Diary,

 

Not only do ulzzangs have the perfect skin, they also have the perfect, shiny, silky, smooth hair. How do they acheive such wonderful-

looking hair? What secrets are they hiding? Well, I've read a few pages into my 'borrowed' ulzzang diary,and I am happy to say, I can reveal

some of their secret tips for perfect hair. Excited?

 

Here we go!

 

01Do not wash your hair everyday. Wash every 2-3 days (no more no less), depending on your hair type. Dry hair? Wash less often. Oily hair? Wash more often. Never ever use scalding hot water when washing your hair. This can cause your scalp to become inflamed, which can lead to hair loss and an itchy scalp. It will also dry out your hair. You have been warned. 

02. Shampoo only your roots. Only apply shampoo on your scalp. Shampooing the ends of your hair will cause them to dry out.

03. Condition only the ends of your hair. Applying conditioner onto your scalp will clog up your hair cuticles (similar to the pores of the skin), making your hair more oily.

04First, use warm water before shampooing to open up your hair cuticles. Apply shampoo to effectively wash away any oil, sweat, etc. Rinse afterwards with cold water to close up your hair cuticles. Condition only the ends. Rinse with cold water again to improve your scalp's circulation and add shine to your hair. 

05.  When drying your hair with a towel, do not wring your hair. Pat and blot only to prevent frizz. Better solution? Use an old cotton T-shirt. Cotton is much softer on your hair than a towel.

06. Air drying your hair is always  better than blow drying. Need dry hair fast? Flip your hair over and run your hands through your hair, letting the air to come into contact with more surfaces of your hair. This allows for a faster drying time.

07. Have to use a blowdryer? Need to straighten/curl your hair? Protect yourself against the heat! It's perfectly fine to style your hair  with these tools as long as you use a heat protecting spray. 

Recommended Products: Thermal Radiance Organics Hi-Shine Glossing Mist, John Frieda Frizz-Ease Conditioning Spray, TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray, Nexxus Pro-Mend Heat Protexx Styling Spray

08. Sleep on a silk pillow. Silk (or even satin) can be a lot gentler on both your hair and skin. Switch your cotton pillowcase to a silk one now to reduce frizz and snagging.

09. Refrain from tying your hair up too high. High ponytails and buns pull at the roots of your hair. Snagging can occur. Once the root is pulled away from the scalp, the hair is unable to receive as much nutrition from the scalp as before. Hair can become weak and undernurished.

10. For the same reason, DO NOT comb your hair while it is still wet. Hair is much more delicate and fragile when it is wet. If you comb/brush your hair, the roots can easily be pulled away from the scalp, making it much more difficult for your hair to receive nutrition from the scalp. This can lead to weakening of the hair, breakage, and split ends.

11. Your scalp can only provide nourishment for up to 3-6 inches of your hair. If your hair is long, be sure to apply some hair care products onto the lower lengths of your hair. DO NOT apply onto your scalp, for it will make your hair too oily. 

 



Well, that's all I have for you guys now.

Hope you enjoy my tips!

Please tell me what you guys think of my online beauty diary so far...

I'm kind of disappointed disheartened by the lack of feedback :(

By the way, if you have any questions, ask away! i'm always here for you~

Until next time. Goodbye, my sweeties! ♥♥

From,

applecyanide