Shaving VS Waxing VS Threading VS Plucking

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

August 27, 2013

11:47 PM EST

 

Entry #10: Shaving VS Waxing VS Threading VS Tweezing

Dear Beauty Diary,

          Part of every girl's concern on their body is the hair on their body. Question is, what should you guys use? Based on my knowledge and experience, shaving is the easiest way to get rid of body hair, but it is also the worse way. 

          Many girls shave their armpits, legs and other body parts. It's easy, cheap and effective..sort of...

1) Shaving

Let's start with why you shouldn't shave your armpits. Have you ever noticed girls with dark underarms? One of the reasons is shaving. When you shave, you only get rid of the hair that is on the surface of the skin instead of removing it from the roots, causing darker armpits. For more reasons on why your armpits are darkened and remedies, please check this website out: The Beauty Brains

        When shaving legs, the hair grows quicker than when you remove the hair from the roots. It also makes the hair that's growing more visible. 

 

2) Waxing

        Next, waxing! Waxing is a quick and effective way to remove hair but it can be painful. Waxing can remove hair from the roots. HOWEVER, DO NOT wax any facial hair. When the cloth is being removed from your skin, it tugs on your skin causing it to wrinkle. 

 

3) Threading

       Threading is has the same effects as waxing but not as painful. Threading is mostly on eyebrows. I got it done recently for the first time and it was really quick and not as painful as waxing. If any of you would like to try it on your own, please check out this video: YouTube

       

4) Tweezing

Tweezing is just slow and painful but effective. That's all I have to say.

 

5) Tips:

- Whenever my armpit hair is long, I shave them and then I go back to them a couple of days later to tweeze them. It's easier and less painful to tweeze your hair when it's short. It's probably the cheapest way to get rid of armpit hair. 

- I've only threaded my eyebrows once and it was 12 dollars. I just keep an eye on my eyebrows and tweeze the unwanted hair two or three times a week. 

- I know that people like to use Nair to remove their body hair but I personally don't. I've tried it a few times and it's not as effective as plucking, waxing or threading. I have an allergic reaction towards it and from the results of when I use it for my underarms, there's still hair that is not removed completely. It's also contains a bunch of chemicals. 

 

From,

crystal2215