Shopping for Bags

♕An Ulzzang's Beauty Diary

27 August 2013

10:12 PM EST

Entry #9 FASHION: Shopping for Bags

Dear Beauty Diary,

              Bags can come in all shapes and sizes.You should have a bag that works with your lifestyle, but you can't wear your everyday bag every day, so you should have a bag for every occasion.

Shopping for Bags 101

             If you're anything like me, you probably schlep around with more than a day's essetials, which can get pretty heavy. So when you start looking for a bag make sure that you're starting with a piece of fabric that doesn't already weigh five pounds. While you're at the store, take out all of the paper stuffing, and put the contents of your own bag in there. Ask your self some questions and make sure the bag is the one for you. Does it all fit well? Does the bag hang well?

            Make sure you take in all of the minor---but important--- deatails. Do you need to carry a computer or textbook? If so, you should consider something with a sturdy handel. Do you need to walk a lot? Then, a cross-body satchel is a good choice for you. It is a good solution for hauling a lot of weight over a long period of time, plus it allows you to keep your hands free. Do you leave pens uncapped? Go for something black or navy, which will conceal stains.

Suede vs. Patent Leather

Suede is always super-soft, but it can pick up color transfers from almost anything (example: over-dyed jeans). When it wears out it can also get a little nubby. You can fix this by brushing over the affected area with a nail file.

Patent leather is pretty sturdy, though it can pick up stains. This is easy to remove by using a cotton swab doused in nail polish remover.

Everyday Bag

Choose a bag that's comfortable to carry, fits all of you things and looks stylish.

                                                                                            images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ8JnLjMCrbdFP73juvCk

Clutch

I love clutches because they're good for a night when I want to travel light. It's small, feminine and classic. Most of the time it is worn with something special so using a netural color will keep the spotlight on you.

                                                            images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF9XwYvqq2vAgWPQPi_T9                             images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9bSkk2OnMRjVlFRTq95y

Evening

When choosing an evening bag you should consider what you want to bring for the night. If you're the type of girl who can survive a night with a credit card, ID and a handful of twenties, then a small bag would be good for you. As for me, the bag has to be large enough to carry all my essentials (example: lip gloss, a camera, my phone and any other necessities).

                                        images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBRaPcgt2zwdF8uaUu43K                                      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1phQzPoD7hDBe7bFDgdz

Oversized Clutch

An oversized clutch is a good go-to for the daytime. Its smaller size requires an edit, which means I'm not carrying around a lot of unneccessary things.

                                              images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTAIneRWgwry7p8UH6iF_                                           images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBDK4pU2m-mMc---Nc7ZS

Large

A large bag should be able to carry everything you need during the day without stretching out the leather or snapping the strap.

                                                 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4Mb-VQJAImjdrre2CDT8                                              images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuOxxn38Jcfv7I4fuYuAe

Travel

A good travel bag can accommodate a change of clothes, a good book, a computer and any other necessities. It's not too precious but chic enough to work as a day bag once you arrive at your destination.

                                                  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7ju8fi76w3fKWwaXiDuU                                    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGz__Y5IxCanrRZ_wWjl0   

 

Don't forget to use these tips the next time you shop or choose a bag. That's all for now! :D

From, jtoadette27