approval

Blood Bond: Breaking Dawn

"No, mum, you don't understand," Chanyeol retorted, "Can't you see this tattoo?"

He tilted his head to the right, revealing the black phoenix-shaped mark on his neck. "She has the exact same one on her back."

"What can she do for you?" his mother hissed menacingly, forcing Chanyeol to bite his lower lip and clench his fist in frustration, "She's a human."

"Yeobo, calm down pleas-"

"No! I can't calm down when a human's scent is being smothered all over my son's cov-"

"Mum, she's saved our lives twice!" Chanyeol fired, absolutely done with his parents' bull. He didn't want to say it. He knew that his parents would start asking questions. Then they'd have to tell more stories. Then they'd have to explain things even further. Then they knew that those stories would only downgrade their mate in their parents' eyes.

Chanyeol fiercely glared at his parents, not caring if he was being disrespectful or not. "She has bloodbending! She's gone through the Bonded Circle at least once already! She saved us from being killed by covens of Cold Ones! She's done so much for us already, and she unnecessarily kicks herself every day because she hates being a human and 'being helpless'. Do you know how bad we feel for her?!"

By the end of his explanation, Chanyeol couldn't feel anything but frustration towards his parents. He felt blood rush through his arteries as anger flushed through his body.

"It's not fair, mum," Chanyeol continued, "She is not 'smothering herself' over us. In fact, I think she never wanted anything to do with the vampire world in the first place. You haven't even given her a chance, and you keep judging her."

"You don't know what we've gone through," his mother fired with the same amount of anger, "We've lost eight of us from our job of trying to rid the world of Cold Ones, and yet, here you are bonded to a human and endangering yourselves even further. What are we supposed to do now? What are your plans for the future? If you have any."

"We're going to turn her."

"When?"

Chanyeol stayed silent. Was he willing to risk an even longer lecture and time wasting to tell a story that would take hours to tell?

-------------------

"Impossible, how could she have saved a coven of twelve of you from six Cold Ones?"

"Bloodbending, that's how."

"What?!"

"I don't think you're deaf, dad."

Tao pinched the bridge of his nose. "We were on the verge of death and her tattoos gave her the power of bloodbending. She used it and she saved us. How hard is that to understand?"

His parents stared at him, baffled, gazing into his cat-like eyes for any traces of falsness. It was only in a matter of moments where they couldn't detect any.

"So...explain this...'bloodbending' she has."

Tao gulped before striding over to his bed and taking a seat on it. He took a short, deep breath before explaining. "Bloodbending, from Luhan's definition, is the power to control and manipulate the body of a person or animal. ___________ did so by bending the blood they consumed which was currently running through their systems. She did it to those six guys all at once! Can't you see how powerful she can get?"

His parents exchanged knowing glances. It was rare that a human ever bonded to a vampire, let alone experience the bonded circle.

"Was that the only time she ever used it?"

"No. She saved Kris one other time, but that's pretty much it. We haven't encountered Cold Ones ever since."

Tao's mother stepped forward after a few seconds of silence. The younger vampire looked up at her with eyes that screamed 'what do you want now?!'

She only brought her hands together, lacing her fingers with each other. "But the question is...when are you going to turn her?" she asked gently.

-----------------

"So what you're saying is...those six Cold Ones chased after you because they wanted your mate?"

Kai gulped and nodded, his fists clenched. "Yes."

His father raised an eyebrow, while his mother had her arms folded over her chest, resting on one side of her hips. "And because you've managed to kill them, their mate is going off to find ways to kill you?"

Adrenaline rushed through Kai's veins as he attempted to unjumble his thoughts. He didn't want to directly say yes. Though both sides knew the answer, he didn't want his parents to despise his mate just because they got into all this trouble.

In fact, if they didn't meet their mate, they wouldn't be as strong, united, or knowledgeable as they were now. They'd just be the bored, young vampires who'd have no sole purpose in this world besides searching for their mate.

A dark, muffled "yes" escaped from Kai's lips in his reluctance. He hated giving in, especially when he was cornered no matter where his mind went.

"How long has this been going on for?" his mother asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Kai looked up before letting out a defeated sigh. "Three years."

---------------

Suho's mother continued to pace around the room in deep thought, while his father was leaning against the wall in front of his bed. Suho only gazed at the mattress he was sitting on and twiddling with his thumbs.

Geez. What am I supposed to say now? They're going to accuse me of being a bad leader because I didn't help prevent this stupid problem!

"You do realise what trouble you've gotten yourself into, right, Junmyun?" his father asked, finally breaking the silence.

Suho chewed on his lower lip before sighing in defeat. "I know." he replied breathily without looking up.

His mother stopped her pacing to face the boy on the bed. "Do the Volturi know anything about this?"

"Know about what, exactly?"

"Your relationship with that girl, what else?"

There were only two options. Say yes, and risk questions being fired at him like a 20th century machine gun; or say no and risk another lecture about being 'exposed' to Cold Ones.

Should he tell his mother about the battle which ended up in the highest of the Volturi arriving to sort everything out?

Suho pressed his lips together before opening his mouth to speak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM ALIVE, EVERYONE. Sorry for breaking my promise of updating every day ;-; it's been so freaking hot so I couldn't concentrate at ALL and I have a very slight writers' block OTL SORRY AGAIN MORE INTERESTING THINGS WILL HAPPEN SOON.

Anyway, though our oppas didn't win the EMAs, we should be happy that they've only been around for less than 2 years and already achieved this amazing milestone of being nominated!

Thank you so much for your patience with me T_T I love you guys so much -hugs readers tightly-

please leave a comment and subscribe!