Jung Sisters X

Happily (N)ever After

“An eighth rest....and repeat....and ughh," Sooyeon sighed, crumpling up the paper before tossing it into the wastebasket.

Closing her eyes, she placed her head on the desk, letting her cheek rest on the cool surface.

“Unni!! I got....ARE YOU OKAY???”

Opening her eyes, ready to reassure her younger sister that she was in fact okay, all she saw was the back of a small figure running out the door. Sighing, she quickly followed, grabbing the phone before any emergency calls could be made. “Soojung! I’m fine. I was just taking a little break from homework.”

“Really?” The disbelief on the 12-year-old’s face was almost comical if she wasn’t feeling so tired. Jessica put the phone down before grabbing her sister into a hug. “I really am okay, Soojung~ah. I’m just a little sleepy but I didn’t want to crawl into bed. I’m sorry for worrying you.”

Soojung muttered incoherently into her sister’s shoulder about adding ten years to her life and giving her white hair before her teens.

Pushing Soojung away at arm’s length, Sooyeon raised her eyebrows at the still mumbling girl. “Are you sure you want to be a doctor? You seem to have the dramatics down, maybe acting is a better choice.”

“Nope!! I’m going to be a doctor and then I’ll be your doctor and take super good care of unni!!” Twirling away from her unnie's grip, Soojung danced her way down the hall to their shared bedroom, humming along the way.

Smiling at her sister’s antics, Sooyeon walked toward the kitchen muttering about pre-teens and how weird they’ve become.

“I heard that!!”

“Good!!” Laughing, she moved into the kitchen to prepare dinner.