The Jungs X

Happily (N)ever After
“I’m home!” 

“Appa!!” Soojung ran out of her room and into Yunho’s arms.

“Oomph, hey princess. How was school?”

As Soojung chattered about her A in math, the pair walked toward the smell of dinner being cooked.

“...and my teacher said I got the highest grade in the class!!..... oh and unni was feeling tired today.”

Sooyeon looked up to glare at her sister before starting to reassure their dad. But before Yunho could start his barrage of questions, “You aren’t feeling well? You shouldn’t have made dinner then! I could have taken care of it!” The table settings lay forgotten as Yonghwa rushed over to his sister’s side.

Before Yunho could add his two cents, Sooyeon interjected, “Appa, Oppa. I’m fine.”

Disbelief written on their faces, “uh huh.....”

“Really! I was doing some homework and felt a little sleepy, that’s all!” Giving a quick reassuring smile, Sooyeon turned back to the counter, scooping bowls of rice.

The two Jung men looked toward Soojung for further explanation, but she was completely engrossed in picking up where Yonghwa had left off in setting the table. Sighing, Yunho walked away to wash up, while Yonghwa carried several bowls to the table. “Sooyeonnn~, you’ve got to tell us when you’re feeling out of sorts. I love you baby sis and I’m always happy to help out.”

“Me too!” chimed Soojung.

Setting down the remaining bowl, Sooyeon slid under Yonghwa’s outstretched arm, giving him a side hug. “I know and thank you. This is why you’re my favorite oppa and Krystal’s my favorite little sister.”

"YAYYY," cheering, Soojung settled into her seat.

“...I’m your only oppa Jung Sooyeon.”

“I know.” Playfully sticking her tongue out, she slid into her seat.

Shaking his head, he joined his sisters as they all sat down to eat.