The Dream

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Chapter one   “the dream”

 

I was sweating fast. My heart was throbbing more than it should be. I don’t know where I was. All I knew was - I was being chased.

I don’t know who, or what, but I knew I had no time to spare. Pushing through the big verdures, I was. I didn’t know where I was going. I see no path. I can only feel myself gasping for air. Where am I going? I’m going to nowhere. This forest is endless. I was passing through the same trees over and over. I know I can’t stop. 

“I can’t breathe,” I whispered to myself. Believe me, I was.

My run was being slower. I really needed air. All I could think of, air. I hid through an open bush where there seemed to be enough space for me, and where that creature won’t see me. I sat there for five minutes. I had enough time to breathe, but it wasn’t enough. I’m still panting crazy. But I knew that the creature might’ve figured out by now that I’m taking a time-out. 

I walked. Near to the edge of the creek. Water; yes, I also needed water. To rehydrate myself before I get eaten is one option, I guess. 

I finished drinking, which felt badly good. Some part of me slowly healed. But I needed to move quickly. That monster might be anywhere, ready to pounce and eat me off.

I walked inside a murky grotto. I could feel grease and lubricant barrages of the cave. It was musty and glassy, almost like in an ice-skating rank. But I should be very far from it right now. I remember, those times, when I used to skate with my friends. Where we used to sit by the campfire and eat donuts and cakes. Where we’d wipe our faces with those sticky icing and eat the small nuts and nips. I like that so much. But today, I think that my memories are slowly fading away.

I sat down. I felt weak suddenly, which was a very wrong idea. Something or someone crept inside the cavern, which was looking pale. It was not an animal, a boy. A boy who I think was my age. He walked outside the dim light. He was wearing a snowy veneer and chinos. His blonde hair flushed upward. His face was hoary and pale while his lips were delicately red. What caught me was his eye. His beige yellow lenses were looking straight into my soul. A glimpse, I

changed. I was afraid, feared that it may harm me. I had nowhere to go. It felt, intoxicating, yet dangerous. Looking, I was. Then, I out.

“Se Hun, wake up. Wake up,” a soft voice hosted me. It was familiar. I slowly opened my eyes, my best friend, Kyung Soo. “Wake up, sleepy-head. It’s already seven thirty. You need to get dressed.”

I stood up irritably. I looked around my four-poster bed. Roaming my eyes around, I could see those posters that hung pompously in my light-blue walls. My eyes spotted my other best-friend; my roommate perhaps, Chanyeol. He was sleeping peacefully. But then I questioned, why was I waken up? 

I was up, but still blank. I can’t help but remembering my dream. That dream where I was supposed to die. Die? I gulped hardly. Was it true? Die. Not what I was expecting to pop up in my mind. I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready at all.

“Earth to Se Hun, hello? You going or what? Chanyeol doesn’t have school until next week. So does Suho and I. Bad luck you have to make it early. Now get up! Why are you the youngest and you have to be the laziest, ugh?” Kyung Soo sighed. I guess all the work he’s done since our house finished was too much and he’s pissed off already. 

I got up and took a shower, leaning toward the wall, drips of water drizzled through my face. I looked up. I could see the cold ceiling with the steam coming out of the hot water from the shower. I closed my eyes and thought that all of these were real, that I wasn’t really far from it. For a second, I felt happy. Even though I hated going to school, I still had my friends. As you can see, I’m living with them now. My parents died when I was four years old and a half. Maybe that’s where I got my loneliness. 

After the shower, I got dressed. I was wearing a blue t-shirt, its sides folded and a nice pair of jeans. Kyung Soo must’ve done the laundry last Saturday, which I was assigned to be doing. As said, I was the youngest and I, was the laziest. And every single thing that bothers me pisses me off.

The school bus beeped loudly, making me more irritated. 

“Bye, schoolboy,” Chanyeol teased me as I grabbed my bag. I rolled my eyes at him, just to tell him that I’m not really in the mood to be having jokes. Suho and Kyung Soo pinched him. They knew me well. I was glad they did. 

Before stepping foot on this mess, I looked at the mirror. I saw my unconcerned face, frowning at the mirror. My hair is its usual place, messy. I

closed my eyes once more and took a deep breath. I looked at my friends, eating. Never did they know - I was nervous; nervous to step in a world that I didn’t want to enter. I was afraid that maybe my life is just like a dream that I’ve dreamt. I was in fear that I would wake up, back in that orphanage, where the kids would bully me, where I was a nobody, where I was not existing anymore. 

I walked in the narrow stairs of the bus. The cold wind of its air-conditioning welcomed me. I wasn’t used to it anymore. I sensed the pleasant smell of lavender potpourri. I sighed for the nth time. Around, I looked petulantly. I confronted unknown faces. Maybe they’re as careless as I am, I thought.  

There was no more room for me to sit at. I walked until the end of the bus where I saw a kid who had his hood on. Good thing that the seat beside him wasn’t taken. It was the only one. I dropped my bag sloppily. I didn’t mind if he cared. I sat. I slightly bumped into his right shoulder. He turned. As he turned, I was speechless, completely. My mind went suddenly blank. He looked familiar, very familiar. His face was very pale. His lips were flushed. His eyes were a bit slanted, like Koreans have. He was blonde, his hair covering the part of his forehead. His eyes were lightly russet. Shocked and thunderstruck, I remembered him; from my dream

 

 

 author's note chapter one have arrived! Yehey. we've been working hard on making plans on this story~ so hope you guys. we will expect the 100% support from you!

speak up! comment and subscribe. love you all.