Trigger

Unique

I stared around the room to the remaining ten boys who didn’t know their power, I was hoping my senses would be able to pick up on which power belonged to which boy like I had been able to with Lay, I spent some time focusing on my ability to maybe pick up on some sort of trigger, but nothing. I went to D.O with a small smile I triggered my ability, I bet you actually wondering what my ability is though right? Well I can’t tell you since I’m not using my actual ability, I’m using one I gained by becoming Lilith.

“D.O, since you asked me about if all of you had abilities I want you to go first, are you ready?” I asked and he nodded hesitantly.

“I need you to be absolutely sure that this is what you want okay?” I ask again and this time he nods without hesitation. I take a deep breath and lunge for D.O, my eyes flash red as I tackle D.O to the ground.

“Let go of any thought you might have about surviving, by making you believe you have no chance to escape I can push your ability to show itself.” I snarl at him and pin him easily to the ground, my hand clasped around his throat. I steadily start to add pressure to cut off his air flow and smack his head against the ground, not too hard, but hard enough to say that I wasn’t going easy.

I could feel the rest of the pack bristle at my tactics but I could honestly care less, I needed to make sure these guys could handle what could happen in the future if they didn’t get in tune with their abilities. When D.O continued to not show anything I started to let Red leak into myself, another trick I learned on my own, I could take enough of his power to trigger a change as well, but it meant I had to let loose just a bit in return. Like a cap you would loosen to let out the buildup fizziness.

I snarled at him and rolled him onto his stomach, I yanked his hands behind his back and twisted, again not enough to cause damage but enough to tell him to get with the program.

“Come on D.O, if you wanted you power as badly as you make it sound you would be wise to find a way to use it because the next thing I’m going to do won’t end well for you.” I yanked him to his knees and grabbed a handful of his hair, yanking hard he let out a yelp. The park snarled but I continued to pressure D.O.

Now I know what you’re thinking, a bit excessive? Not really, most Uniques have something three times as tragic as this to find out what their ability is, I learned my real ability randomly actually.

I was beginning to think that D.O had some sort of non-combative ability and was about to stop, but then I got an idea. Letting him go I crawled back on my hunches and glared, the red in my eyes looked almost like blood. D.O looked at me in confusion, he went to get up but I growled at him.

How about a game Red?

I thought you would never ask.

Without a second thought I lunged again at D.O, this time my jaws were aiming for his throat, D.O let out a panic scream and threw his hands up, a block of earth from my living room floor shot up like a wall in front of him, I managed to stop myself before running into it.

I kept my head down fighting my breathing till it returned to normal, “Lower your hands D.O.”

“Holy crap!” Chanyeol’s voice boomed.

“Earth bending.” I muttered, “Best way to kill the fun.”

I stood up and walked around the wall, D.O was staring at it in awe; I placed my hand on his shoulder and dropped to his level on the ground.

“Do you see what I mean? Your ability isn’t always right there, you need a trigger, a way to release the pent up power. Most people learn there’s in the worst way possible, some don’t live through it. You’re going to be a strong one D.O I know it.” I smiled at him and stood up.

“Who wants to be next?” I asked and Chanyeol raised his hand eagerly.

“I do but is there another way?” He asked and I shook my head.

“I’ve tried teaching other ways but sometimes a life threatening situation is the only way. If you want I can just not do what I did with D.O.” I offered and he nodded.

I didn’t hesitate with Chanyeol, he was tall and undoubtedly off balance already, maybe a slight fall will trigger something. I was right, Chanyeol fell backwards and threw his hands in the air, his palms started to turn red and suddenly I was scrambling back out of the way of the flames that burned my shoulder; the black bubbling skin steaming as I hurriedly patted out the flames from my clothes.

“ing great, a ing phoenix.” I hissed as I stand up, Lay had already started to move towards me but I held up my hand.

“It won’t work.” I muttered out, “Never has.”

I turned towards to kitchen and stumbled my way to the fridge. I rummaged around my fridge till I found the aloe, slamming the door shut with more force than I meant to I yanked off the tattered remains of my top and headed towards the staircase.

“Would you like some help?” Luhan asked and I shook my head.

“Give me an hour, need to heal.” I said and worked my way slowly up the stairs.

I reached my bedroom and closed the door, by now I could feel the skin starting to heal but my head was spinning with thoughts about how TWO ancients will survive in this pack. I hated phoenix’s though, the bastards wore their emotions on the outside, hence the flame. The more emotional they got, the brighter they burned. God only knows what the other Ancient is.

I returned and hour later, almost totally healed, aside from the slight irritated red skin where I was burned at. I had put on a new tank top, this one was slightly looser so not to irritate my skin more. I glanced around and see D.O talking to a disheartened Chanyeol and Luhan staring at me oddly again.

“Chanyeol.” I called softly, he looked up at me sadly, apologies written in his eyes.

“You need to start learning to control your emotions, I knew what I was doing when I attacked you. The fault is my own, but now that you know your ability is the Phoenix you have to learn not to get too carried away with how you feel, the more emotion you show the brighter you burn, I’m not saying you have to become an introvert but don’t try to get over excited till you learn more about your power.” I offer him a smile and he returns it shakily.

“If you guys want to stop now and wait till later or tomorrow to learn your abilities I will understand. Just know that if you decide to continue I will have to switch between myself and your Alpha. I realize how dumb that sounds but trust me it works to.” I spoke and sat in one of the chairs I had pushed against the wall.

“I would like to learn mine.” Suho spoke up, Sehun, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Chen, Kai, the Sentinel and Alpha all nodded in agreement.

“Okay but I warn you, with each person I will change tactics and it will not get easier, three strikes is what you get, then if you don’t trigger in that three I will use deadly force. Am I clear?” I spoke to the remaining members, the lower ranks nodded their heads and the Alpha only smirked darkly at me.

 
 

My apologies again for not updating sooner, midterms for online classes are crazy, my job is wearing me out, plus since turning 21 my best friend wants to go bar hopping on a ing wednesday.....WHO DOES THAT ?