O5

A Typical High School Story

I don't even have an excuse anymore, this time, I just really forgot about this. I absolutely at finishing stories, but here's to giving this fic another go!

EXO still holds a dear place in my heart, Luhan especially. 
 

-

"It all started just last year, actually..." Minseok started, glancing at Kyungsoo every now and then as if waiting for him to react. Kyungsoo remained the same- wide eyed and red-faced. Minseok shrugged and continued. "He usually hates talking about it, but he seems pretty distracted right now, so let's take advantage of that."

Minseok scooted a little closer, lowering his voice so that it would go at least slightly unheard by Kyungsoo (who thankfully had normal sized ears compared to his huge, very huge eyes.) Jongdae leaned closer to, from his seat, a grin on his face. I knew by that grin alone that this story is gonna be good. Baekhyun was too busy staring at Chanyeol to notice what was going on.

"Okay, so you see our dear Kyungsoo here, was not always like... this," Minseok gestured to Kyungsoo with a slightly sad expression. "He did not always have a teeny tiny ant voice that you could barely hear."

Jongdae's face looked grim as he continued, "Kyungsoo spoke normally, just like the rest of us. Give or take Baekhyun, his voice volume depends, really. Anyway, Kyungie's speaking voice was fine, but the most important bit? He used to sing."

"He has- well, had- the voice of an angel, I kid you not, Luhan. Kyungie here would usually sing to us during breaks, or after class, or whenever he was alone in the music room, and-- Jongdae, do we have a video of him singing?" 

Jongdae sadly shook his head. Even I was a bit sad at that- mostly because I couldn't really believe the story so far. I can't imagine Kyungsoo without his ant voice, but to be fair, I guess I can believe the whole angelic voice thing. Should I tell them I sang as well...? Nah. I focused on Jongdae and Minseok again, both still with sullen expressions on their faces. Jongdae spoke next.

"Okay, so, we weren't aware he would sing in the music room whenever nobody was around until he told us The Story," he spoke, voice suddenly becoming softer. He eyed Kyungsoo again, who still looked rather mortified, to see if the latter were listening. Clearly he was still distracted by the mere presence of Kim Jongin, which all the more peaked my interest. You could practically hear the importance he put on the words The Story. 

"It took a lot of coaxing," Baekhyun suddenly said, joining us, and I almost jumped in my seat at the sound of his voice. Why wasn't he staring at Chanyeol? As if to answer my question, he spoke again. "Chanyeol went to the restroom. It will take him 2 minutes and 18 seconds to return. Can I tell The Story?"

The other guys shrugged. 

"Well, Kyungsoo told it like this..."

~FLASHBACK(stuff in parenthesis and are not italicized means it's happening in present time!)

Kyungsoo was alone. He was not with Baekhyun, or Jongdae, or Minseok. He was alone, and he loved being alone- no offense to the other guys, but they can be a pain sometimes. ("I'm still hurt he said that," Baekhyun paused to say. I tried not to roll my eyes.) More importantly, he loved being alone in the music room. He had always sang, yes, ever since he was a little boy. Only his friends know of his singing abilities, and he liked keeping it that way. 

The music room was his safe haven, his special place away from prying eyes and ears. It was always empty exactly 37 minutes
 (I'm beginning to wonder- and maybe worry- if calculating numbers are a thing for them.) after the final bell, when students would be heading home. He's not always here, but when he was, he would sing his heart out without a care in the world, like some kind of theraphy. 

That day was no different than the rest, Kyungsoo believed. The regular stuff happened, Baekhyun fanboyed, classes started and ended. He would sing for an hour and exactly an hour, then he would leave. He was 48 minutes 
(Again. Is it a thing? I'd really rather not get into counting and measuring and just, numbers. Jongdae nudged my shoulder and whispered, "focus, we're getting to the good part.) into singing, back facing the door, his eyes closed, when suddenly there was a sound. It wasn't just any sound, it was clapping. Someone was clapping. Someone was in the room, and suddenly he found it very hard to breathe. 

("Hold up, don't tell me," I held a hand out and surprisingly Baekhyun stopped. "Was it Jongin?"

Baekhyun glared a little, "yes, but it's only getting better, now will you listen?"

"Sorry.")

Jongin was in the room, an amused expression on his face. He was clapping- Kyungsoo couldn't really register anything inside his head, and when Jongin first spoke he didn't hear anything but a soft buzz in his head because he might just faint? from the shock? from the absolute embarrassment? Kyungsoo wasn't sure which one would be the cause of his death. Maybe he'll just write 'Kim Jongin' and leave it at that. He snapped back to his thoughts when he realized that Jongin was suddenly looking concerned.

Also when did he suddenly get closer holy crap--

"Kyungsoo, right?" Jongin asked, not really expecting an answer. "Your voice is great."


("Wow, Jongin knew his name?" I asked.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT, LUHAN, STOP INTERRUPTING ME," Baekhyun sighed in frustration, looking down at his watch. "I only have 56 seconds left."

Jongdae and Minseok, however, exchanged a surprised expression. I knew it. They never realized it, and I pointed it out. Good job, Luhan.) 

A tiny squeak may have escaped Kyungsoo's lips, but he's not sure.

Jongin started walking, and Kyungsoo's eyes widened to an extent that it was probably 90% white. He was stuck in his place, however, since his legs refused to cooperate with his mind that was screaming RUN AWAY at him. Jongin was still moving closer. There was something like a smirk on his lips. Okay, that was definitely a smirk on his lips. 

"I think I'm in love," Jongin said softly, watching how bright red Kyungsoo's entire face was. They were only a few inches apart by then. "With your voice."

Kyungsoo chose that moment to shove Jongin, making the latter almost fall flat on his back, and run far far away. 

~END~


"He never stepped back inside the music room since," Baekhyun ended with a sigh. "Such a shame." 

I stared at Kyungsoo, who was still frozen in a way that it was kinda funny, and kinda sad at the same time. Leaning more on sad, though. His face had returned to it's normal colour, but there was still pink on his cheeks. His eyes reduced in size by an inch. It was still pretty big. 

"But why the traumatized reaction every time?" 

Minseok shrugged, and we all ignored how Baekhyun let out a squeal which only meant Chanyeol must be back. He realized that Baekhyun was definitely not going to eat the remaning lasagna, took his fork, and decided to help himself. I had a million questions running in my mind about Kyungsoo's story, but I couldn't quite voice it out because honestly- The Story sounded like it came straight from a fanfiction. 

A loud scream pierced the air, disrupting my thoughts- my inital reaction was to look at Baekhyun, but (surprisingly) it wasn't him.

"It came from The Rich People's table!"


-

Hopefully I continue to get 2AM inspiration to continue this HUHU.