O1

A Typical High School Story

Transferring was never my forte. It was always done so awkwardly it would make me cringe to remember what I did and how I introduced myself. Moving from Guangzhou to Changsha to Beijing in itself was already tough, and that was still in the same country. Moving from Beijing to Seoul, South Korea? I was already expecting the worse to come. 

However details about my move weren't so bad. First of all, I was going to live in a dorm right beside my new school. And what school am I going to attend, you ask? I was to study at XOXO University, where only the best of the best can get in. I'm not one to brag, but how often is it you see a foreigner in a prestigous school? Not often, I assure you. 

The moment I stepped into the new classroom, I was asked by the teacher to introduce myself. I bowed politely and faced the class with a practiced smile, one that would make my eyes crinkle and make me look just a little less younger than my actual age, informing them of my name and where I was from, and ending with the incredibly cliched, "Please take care of me!" 

Just as I finished introductions, a pale hand shot into the air. The teacher seemed to wrinkle his nose, annoyed, before he acknowledged the guy. 

"Byun Baekhyun, what is it?"

"I was just wondering, Mr. Park, if Luhan wanted to sit here? There's a perfectly empty seat to my left." The guy, Baekhyun, flashed a bright smile towards me. He seemed perfectly harmless, so with the teacher's approval, I made my way beside him. The guy had pretty feminine features that were topped with these huge, nerdy looking glasses that covered almost half of his face.

Baekhyun grinned widely, until all I could see were those glasses and his teeth, "Hi Luhan! Welcome to the school! My name is Baekhyun and these are my friends, Jongdae, Minseok, and Kyungsoo."

He pointed each of the other guys casually- Jongdae, who sat infront of him, also had huge glasses on his face. Same goes for Minseok, who sat in front of me. And well, you can guess Kyungsoo (who was on my left) likewise had those. Thick glasses that made his huge eyes even bigger. I was beginning to wonder if it was some kind of fashion trend only the most popular kids can wear. That's why I was invited to join them, right? A Chinese student would be valuable.

As if reading my thoughts, Minseok proceeded to speak, "We're so glad to finally have a Chinese member!"

"As if that will make us like them," Kyungsoo said in such a small voice I barely heard him. The emphasis on the them made me wonder- who was he talking about?

Baekhyun pouted, and I was left surprised he even heard him, "But it gives us a chance, Kyungie, a chance!"

"Guys, we're leaving Luhan out here," Jongdae said, thank goodness, I was wondering if maybe they had forgotten about me. 

"Oh, that's right!" Baekhyun smiled, returning his gaze onto me. His eyes were filled with a bright twinkle. "Let me tell you about two certain groups: The Fabulous F4, and the Rich Kids Who Have Way Too Much Time On Their Hands, or Rich People for short. Not that both groups aren't rich but... oh, let me just start."

Tell me, he did. Baekhyun wasn't shy in expressing his utmost thoughts of these certain groups and their respective members. He started with the Rich People- there were only 3 members. To my surprise, not one, but two of them were Chinese. The 'leader' was someone named Kim Joonmyun, the heir to one of the biggest companies in Korea. Like, really rich, that Minseok suspected he probably had a bodyguard lurking somewhere just waiting to pop out.

Then there was Kris Wu, who Baekhyun dubbed as 'the guy who is probably the real leader because he's really scary' and he on the other hand was just a son of one of the richest families in Asia. I wondered why someone like him wouldn't be studying somewhere else, but then I find out about the reason. Huang Zitao would be the 'scary looking guy with really dark bags under his eyes' and also Kris' boyfriend. Zitao isn't that rich, according to Jongdae who piped in, since his family was just in the Top 5 richest. 

"Trust me, when you see them in the hallway, look away. Their auras are radiating with the gold of their money and you can practically smell Gucci and Louis Vitton on them," Minseok warned. 

"They don't rule the school though," Kyungsoo said softly once again, that I even had to lean in to hear him. However, Baekhyun seemed to be quite used to it and heard him crystal clear.

He nodded brightly once again, "Ofcourse not! You have the Fabulous F4 for that."

"What does the other F in their name mean?" I asked.

"I don't know."

Baekhyun left it at that and continued. Basically the group ruled the school because their parents all had high roles when it came to XOXO University. Take Zhang Yixing, the Chinese member, for example. His father was in charge of a lot of hospitals around Korea, and he also provides for the infirmary. Kim Jongin's family was incharge of the food distribution in the school. The food here, Minseok had said enthusiastically, was better than any 5 star diner in Korea. I trust his word for that.

"Then there's Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun said in such a manner that made him sound like lovesick fangirl. Jongdae rolled his eyes. He continued, between sighs and giggles, how Chanyeol and his family basically funded the whole school. They paid for the electricity, the water, the teachers, everything really. They were close friends with the Oh family, who owned the school. Which leads us to the last member of the Fabulous F4, Oh Sehun.

Oh Sehun was the principal's son. Really, need I say more than that? He's got power and looks, according to Kyungsoo (in his tiny ant voice) and his badboy rebel image garnered him 31% of the F4 fanclub. How he knew that, I didn't bother asking. Anyways, the F4 were the people you shouldn't mess with. People feared them and admired them from afar. Baekhyun was obviously no exception.

"And then there's us," Jongdae sarcastically said, "the ones people have dubbed the Drama Geeks."

Baekhyun gasped, "They do not."

"They do."

I muffled a cry. So much for being a popular, rare Chinese student.


WOW, I did not expect so many subscribers for this already.

I hope I didn't disappoint with the first chapter ;~;

Comments are much appreciated cuz I really love comments :DDDDD

Byebye for now ♥