Five

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

The closer Myungsoo's face got to mine, the more nervous I got. When we were about an inch apart, the sound of the door opening was heard, causing us to back away from each other. We looked in the direction of the noise and found Sungyeol, one of Myungsoo's friends that I had met yesterday. He clearly looked surprised.

"Oh... Um... Sorry for interrupting..." He scratched the back of his head and I blushed while looking away. 

"Whatever."

Myungsoo got up and walked towards Sungyeol.

"So did you need anything?"

"Oh... No... Uh... The guys just wanted me to tell you that we're going out tonight."

"And you couldn't text me?"

"I knew you wouldn't check your phone."

Myungsoo nodded admittingly and then turned to look at me. Our eyes locked and I immediately turned another direction, trying to avoid his look.

He turned back to Sungyeol.

"Alright. I'll be there. 7?"

"Yea. 7. Later."

Sungyeol shuffled out hurriedly and loud foosteps were heard, indicating that he was running. Myungsoo chuckled and then looked back at me with a smirk. He walked towards me and gave me his hand. I took it and stood up, almost falling back down due to my clumsiness.

We were walking towards the door when he stopped and turned around. He looked at me with a sly grin. Stepping closer, he whispered something into my ear.

"You know, for a second, it really seemed like you liked me."

He stepped back while clearing his throat.

"But it's okay because it was just a joke anyways. Come on. We should really get to class now."

I followed behind him in the hallways, immersed in my own thoughts. When he said that what just happened was a joke, I was somewhat relieved but a little hurt at the same time. I was relieved because I knew he wouldn't make fun of me for it anymore, but I was hurt because to be honest, my heart did start beating a little faster when he kept getting closer to me.

In the middle of our walk, the bell rang, indicating that first hour was over and that second hour would be starting soon. We walked to our lockers and got our belongings. My second hour was History, whereas Myungsoo had Science. 

Sighing, I walked away and looked for my class. I had skipped it yesterday due to Changjo's intervention, so I really needed to make a good impression today.

The moment I walked in, everyone went silent and stared at me. I knew it was because of what happened at lunch yesterday, but I didn't let that bother me. Trying to stay confident, I walked to the back of the class and plopped down into a seat.

There was a blonde boy who kept staring at me. He had a cute smile and loving eyes, but I wasn't really in the mood to be checking anyone out. I guess I didn't have to because he was the one who came over to me.

"Hey. My name's Chunji. Your name is Hyejin, right?"

I nodded. Wait... Chunji... I had heard that name before. Then I remembered that Hoya had told me he was a part of Teen Top. Immediately feeling my mood worsen, my smile turned fake.

"Did you need anything Chunji?"

"Oh... Uh... Listen. I heard about what happened yesterday, and I wanted to apologize on behalf of Changjo. Even though he's the maknae, he's stubborn as hell, and I couldn't convince him to say sorry."

He already did, but it didn't work.

I immediately felt better about Chunji. He was sweet and sincere, and I could tell simply by the way he acted. I watched as he walked away and went back to his seat. There was a huge flock of girls around him and he didn't seem to push any of them away, unlike Changjo. Chunji gave them all smiles and kindly asked for some personal space, whereas Changjo just gave them dirty looks, unless they were pretty. If the girls were pretty, Changjo would let them do whatever.

The teacher soon walked in and looked around the classroom. When he saw me, he nodded and then went back to business. 

The class itself was actually pretty interesting. History had always been one of my favorite subjects so I didn't dread it much. The whole time, I kept making comparisons in my head of Changjo and Chunji. Eventually, I got sick of it and my mind started to think about Myungsoo without even knowing it.

The school day pretty much dragged on until lunch. I was finally going to see Myungsoo again, even if only two class periods had gone by. Luckily, those were my only two classes without him.

After visiting my locker and grabbing my lunch, I quickly walked to the garden. When I walked in, I spotted Myungsoo feeding Soomin. As he finished his business, he stood up and smiled when he saw me. I smiled back while waving.

"Come on Myungsoo. Let's go eat lunch."

He nodded and we walked together towards Infinite's table. For some reason, I was able to comfortably be around them even though I had only known for two days.

The moment we sat down, Hoya appeared to my side with a toothy smile. I loved the way his canine teeth poked out.

"Hey Hyejin. Sorry I didn't call you yesterday. I just thought you would need a little space."

I nodded.

"It's fine Hoya. Besides, the thought completely slipped my mind."

He grinned at me and sparked up a conversation about football. I understood since he was the captain and the quarterback of the football team. In fact, everyone in Infinite seemed to be the captain of something. Dongwoo was the captain of the ice hockey team, Sungyeol was the captain of the basketball team, and Woohyun was the captain of the soccer team. Sunggyu was the president of the seniors and Sungjong was the captain of the tennis team. Only Myungsoo seemed to be the one that didn't do anything.

"Does Myungsoo do anything at school? Like is he a captain or anything?"

Hoya looked at me surprised.

"Oh, you didn't know? Myungsoo's the captian of the lacrosse team."

I looked at him in surprise.

"Really?"

Hoya nodded.

For some reason, imagining Myungsoo play lacrosse made me really excited. I bet he would be even more attractive if he was sweating from playing so hard.

"If everyone in Infinite does something, what about Teen Top?"

"Oh they have important roles too."

"Like what?"

"CAP is the president of the juniors, Chunji is the lead singer of the school glee club, L.Joe is the star runner on the track team, Niel is the captain of the swimming team, and Ricky is CAP's vice president. As for Changjo, he's the captain of the dance team."

"Wow... Everyone is so... important. I feel so small."

"Are you interested in any clubs? Cheerleading? Swimming? Dance?"

"No... Not really. I just like to read books and stuff. Things I can do quitely and independently."

"Well if that's what you like, then that's great. The things you do are just as important as the things we do. You just don't know it yet."

I smiled at Hoya.

"Thanks, Hoya."

Myungsoo's POV:

Jin was talking with Hoya so I didn't want to interrupt their conversation. Looking around the lunchroom, I spotted Changjo staring at Jin. Feeling uncomfortable, I got up to talk to him. 

When I reached Teen Top's table, they all stopped to look at me. I looked at Changjo and he stood up, knowing I wanted to talk with him. We stepped out into the hallway and stared at each other. Finally, he broke the silence.

"What do you want L?"

"Stop staring at Jin."

"Jin? Hyejin?"

I nodded.

"Well that's cute. You have nicknames now."

I rolled my eyes.

"And why can't I stare at her? Is she yours? Nope. I didn't think so."

"You make her uncomfortable. And after what you did yesterday, you probably should leave her alone."

"And why does it bother you so much?"

I paused. Why did it bother me so much? I didn't know why either.

"I don't know. But I do know that I want you to stop."

Changjo laughed.

"Oh, hyung. You're so funny. When will you wake up and realize that you like her?"

I gave him a bewildered look.

"What are you talking about? I've only known her for two days."

"It only takes a second to fall in love."

Was he right? Did I seriously fall for Jin already?

"But you know what hyung? For some strange reason, I'm starting to want Hyejin back. Just knowing that you like her makes me want to snatch her away from you, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

He walked away and left me there dumbfounded.

Was he serious?

If he was, then I needed to step up on my game. 

I wasn't going to lose her, and especially not to Changjo.