Two

Destiny

Hyejin's POV:

Once I was out in the hallway, I looked to my left to see L walking away. People were already crowding the hallway, so I tried my best to hurry after him. Panting, I was finally able to spot him and ran as fast as I could. Without thinking, I yanked his backpack, causing him to stop. My eyes widened in shock as L turned around and gave me a cold glare.

"What do you want?"

"Didn't you... Uh... Want me to follow you?"

"Didn't you want to get out of there?"

I thought about it and it clicked. L was just trying to help me with the Changjo situation. I looked at him apologetically and ducked my head.

"Sorry... I just thought -"

"Whatever."

He walked away and left me there, dumbfounded. How could someone be so thoughtful and yet so mean at the same time? Shaking my head, I turned around and pulled out my schedule. My next class was History. After visiting my locker, I headed off to class when I accidentally ran into someone. Their books went flying and I gasped.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine."

Quickly, I scrambled to pick up the fallen books. Suddenly, I felt my hand coming into contact with another hand. I looked up to see a good looking guy in front of me. He had a boyish charm and I could tell he worked out. The shirt he was wearing was definitely flaunting his muscular build. He stood up and offered me a hand.

"Hey, I don't think I've seen you before. Are you new here?"

Blushing, I looked at the ground and nodded.

"Well that's great. Nice to meet you... What's your name?"

"Jung Hyejin. And it's nice to meet you too... "

"Lee Howon. But you can just call me Hoya."

I smiled at him.

"Well then. Nice to meet you too Hoya."

He motioned for us to walk down the hallway so I did. It was awkward at first, but luckily, he struck up a conversation.

"So how has your day been?"

"It's been ok, I guess."

"You guess? What's happened so far? Have you met any new people?"

"Well I met Changjo..."

"Changjo? Wow. He sure was fast this time."

"Fast? What do you mean?"

"Well he tends to snatch the new girls and make them fall for him."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. I won't let him do that to you."

I blushed even harder and looked ahead, trying to avoid his eyes.

"So is he all you met today?"

"Well... I also met a boy named L... He seemed a little cold, but he's actually really thoughtful."

"L? Thoughtful? What makes you think that?"

"Well let's just say that he helped me get out of a troublesome situation."

"Wow Hyejin. You must be special."

"What do you mean?"

"Well L doesn't really tend to bother himself with other people. To have helped you, and especially on your first day here, definitely means something."

"You sound like you know him well."

Hoya took a step back and gave me a look of surprise.

"You don't know about us?"

"Us? Who's us?"

He laughed and petted my head.

"Infinite. We're the top group here. Well, along with Teen Top. In our group, there are seven people. Me, Dongwoo hyung, Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun hyung, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and L. Teen Top has Changjo, Chunji, Ricky, CAP, Niel, and L.joe. We're not like enemies or anything, we just don't really bother ourselves with each other."

"So all of you guys are like... the popular guys here?"

"Well I guess you could say that. Gosh that feels weird coming out of my own mouth. Sorry if I sound cocky."

"It's fine. Being popular is nothing to be ashamed of."

"I guess."

He scratched the back of his head and chuckled.

"So Hyejin, does this mean I'm your first friend here?"

I nodded timidly.

"Awesome. Let's hang out together after school. I want to get to know you more."

He winked at me and I blushed.

"Here, give me your phone."

I handed him my iPhone and watched as he inserted his contact information.

"Just call me after school's over. My name's going to be under "My Lovely Hoya." See you later. I have to get to class."

With that said, he ran off, leaving me alone. I smiled to myself as I stared at the new contact in my phone. "My Lovely Hoya." I giggled to myself and blushed.

"I see you're after Hoya hyung. Yea, he's a pretty good pick."

I turned around and saw Changjo standing in front of me with his arms crossed. My face immediately darkened and I tried to walk away, but I knew it was no use. He dragged me away and we ended up in a large auditorium. No one was occupying it, so he was able to lock the door for us to be alone.

"Changjo, let's do this some other time. I need to get to class."

"Class can wait. Just say you went home early because your head was hurting or something. I use that all the time and they always believe it."

"... What happened to you Changjo? You weren't like this."

"What's wrong with how I am now? I'm better. I'm popular, better-looking, more confident. Everything a guy would dream to be. Everything a girl would want in a guy."

"That's not true. Your just the opposite of what I would in a guy. Whatever... Just tell me why you want to meet with me."

"I just want to get things straight."

"What do you mean?"

He sighed.

"Have you ever wondered why I never called you after I moved?"

I shook my head and he sighed again. He was starting to irritate me.

"I guess I never had the guts to tell you in person, so I just didn't bother with it."

I looked at him hesitantly.

"Tell me what?"

"Ok... I've been wanting to let this out of my system for a while so don't interrupt me while I'm speaking. The truth is, I didn't really like you when we were going out. It was actually a bet with my brother. He said that I wouldn't be able to get a girlfriend all throughout high school, and I really wanted to prove him wrong. Eventually, the dare got out of hand and I felt terrible. Luckily, at the same time, my dad got a job transfer so we were going to move. I didn't bother to call you after we moved because I didn't want to go through the trouble of pretending to miss you. When I came here, I tried to reinvent myself. I wanted to start over and forget everything that happened, including the stuff that happened with you. To be honest, I felt guilty as hell. You were a lovely girl, you really were, but you just weren't the girl for me."

He stared at me and I just stared back in shock. My brain was trying to register what he had just said, but it simply stayed blank. Slowly, tears dripped out of my eyes one by one as the thoughts clicked.

Changjo walked closer, noticing I was starting to cry.

"Hyejin, I -"

"Stop. Don't come any closer."

He didn't listen and kept stepping closer. Panicking because I didn't want him to see me so weak, I ran out of the auditorium, the tears now pouring out. Eventually, I had no idea where my feet were taking me, and I ended up in a random part of the school I had never seen before. 

Like the morning, I heard some music. But this time, it wasn't classical or hip hop, it was just nice acoustic guitar. Following the noise, I ended up sitting up against a door, listening to the music. It was perfect, the music. It was sad and touching, which was exactly how I felt at the moment. The tears continued to stream out until I slowly nodded off to sleep.