Weak-Willed

All Alone

 

            Yunho smiled softly to himself at the memory before deciding to climb up on top of the roof of the slide. Successfully climbing up, he sat down and observed the early morning light streaming across the rooftops. If he closed his eyes he could almost convince himself that Jaejoong was indeed sitting right next to him on the roof.

 

            Jae found himself awake the next morning with a massive headache. Dragging himself from bed he made his way to the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and popped a few headache relief pills in his mouth before going to the kitchen for an apple or something to eat. Opening the fridge, he stood there staring into it without interest for a few moments before closing the door and moving to the living room, where he curled up on the couch, hugging one of the small, plump pillows to his chest. Although he'd had a deep sleep the night before, Jaejoong found himself exhausted this morning. He didn't have to look in the mirror to know that his eyes were red and puffy and his face was swollen from crying so much last night.

            Crying was supposed to make you feel better right? Help you relieve some of your pain and stress and anxiety right? If that was true then why was Jaejoong feeling worse? Closing his eyes, he let out a bitter laugh as he felt a deep, painful knot twist around his heart. Desperate not to cry, he dug his fingernails into the palm of his hand, the pain helping to distract him from his desire to cry again. No, he was done with that. He would get up off this couch, wash his face, get dressed, and be a functional human being. Opening his eyes, Jaejoong rose from the couch and headed to the bathroom, to get a shower.

            The warm water washed over his head, helping to clear some of the fog that his crying had caused from the night before. Unfortunately that allowed himself to think all that more clearly.

           

            After he uttered the truth to the leader, both men had fallen into an awkward silence that lasted for a while before Jaejoong couldn't take anymore.

            "Mianhae...I shouldn't have said anything." the slender man mumbled, biting his lower lip, eyes fixated on the ground beneath them.

            Yunho, also looking down, shook his head. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he closed it shut and kept it that way. Jaejoong liked him. How exactly did that make him feel? Yunho wasn't too sure and being put on the spot like this wasn't helping him figure it out any quicker.

            Almost as if he could read the others' thoughts, Jaejoong shifted slightly before he rose up into a squatting position, starting to get down off the roof. "I didn't mean to burden you with this...I'll just...leave you alone then..." he muttered, embarrassedly. To be honest it wasn't like him to just blurt something so personal out like that, even with prompting. He hadn't really wanted to admit his feelings but when faced with Yunho's kind, safe, expression, Jaejoong's walls had melted slightly, allowing himself to reveal what he so carefully had hidden behind them.

            "Jae wait!" Yunho called out, reaching a hand to grasp the slender wrist in one of his massive hands.

            Jaejoong paused his descent and looked up at Yunho in surprise for the first time since this whole awkward situation had started. "M-mwoh?"

            Yunho's gaze met Jaejoong's briefly before he looked off to the side, his desperate struggle for the right words clear on his face. "Look just-let me think things over okay?" he asked, his gaze returning to Jaejoong's.

            It was Jaejoong's turn to look away, his heart sinking. He had been right. His confession would end up ruining everything. Nodding, he slipped out of Yunho's grasp and finished climbing down before walking off, hands in his pockets.

           

            Jaejoong stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist before he grabbed another to wipe the steam off the mirror so he could look at his reflection. Even from the beginning Jaejoong had been the one to give up on their relationship so easily. The self-guilt and hatred reflected back through the mirror was enough to make Jaejoong's heart stop for a moment. Why was he so weak-willed when it came to Yunho? When the other man wasn't around, Jaejoong was able to be so strong and confident. But the moment Yunho was near him, Jaejoong leaned on the other man; relying on his strength and encouragement to protect and push him to do the best he could. No. It wasn't that he was weak without Yunho around. Jaejoong was a strong person. Yunho just helped him shine a little brighter, work a little harder, and feel like a precious gem.

            Jaejoong stared at his reflection one last time before leaving the bathroom, heading straight for his cellphone on his bedside table and picked it up, opening his contact list and scrolling through it until he found the right name. Clicking on it, his thumb hovered over the text button as he stared as confidently at his phone as he could. He could do this. It wasn't like they actually had to meet right? At least not yet. They could simply text back and forth. 'Hey how are you? Long time no see.' That's all he had to type right? As he continued to war with himself, Jaejoong found he was slowly losing the battle. With a frustrated cry, tossed the phone on his bed before slumping down on the floor, leaning against his bed as pressed his fingers against his eyelids. He just couldn't do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah Mianhae everyone~ It's been so long since I've updated in this u_u;; Anyways I hope you all are enjoying this story. I'm really excited about the ending that I have in mind. Thank you to all you readers, subscribers and commenters. Please continue to read, subscribe and comment. I love hearing your thoughts on my work and on how you're feeling about the story. Again sorry for the hiatus from this fic. Until the next update~ AKTF ~Jello 

Oh and check out my other fics ;) I'll be posting a lot more soon.