All Alone

All Alone

           Yunho's heart beat a fast rhythm in his chest as the familiar voice echoed in the small cafe. His coffee, long since forgotten, was slowly sending swirling spirals of steam into the air like a dance to the music.

 

I feel so all alone I feel so all alone

I wanna run to you my love

I'm saving all my love for you

Love Love Love Love Love with you my Love

 

            Gritting his teeth, Yunho's hand molded into a tight fist, his body shaking as his head bowed forward. Dammit! Dammit all! Why? Why did he have to hear that song. That soft, melodic voice full of such raw emotion it had to be real. "Jae" he whispered brokenly as he felt an old wound re-open in his heart. Yunho had spent countless days working to fill in that hole and mend the broken heart that DBSK's split had caused. More importantly however, he had been trying to work on forgetting a particular member. No not forget. He could never forget that kind of love. He had simply been trying to move on from that painful place.

            Fighting back the strong emotions, Yunho stood up from his table like a silent shadow and left the cafe, his shoulders hunched against the cold wind. His coffee, warm like that man had once been, still steaming and forgotten on the table.

 

 

            The roar of the crowd washed over Jaejoong as he leaned over his mike, fighting back the painful tears that threatened to spill every time he sang that song. Taking a deep breath he looked up with a smile and waved to the crowd, thanking them for attending the concert before taking his final bow and walking off the stage, his chest heavy.

            Later in his dressing room he stood staring off into space, his mind a whirl of emotions and thoughts. Boredly looking up, he reached for his cell. Fighting back the hurt he popped off the back of the case and pulled out the folded up picture he kept back there. Biting his lip he played with the paper in his long fingers for a little while before sighing and unfolding it, revealing a photo of himself and the one and only love he wanted so desperately to run to. Staring at the photo a few stray tears streamed down his cheeks. Did he even miss him? Had he forgotten all about the love that they had shared? Jaejoong certainly hadn't let one moment pass when he wasn't thinking about the other man. He wasn't so certain he could say the other had done the same.

            Hearing the sound of the coordi-noona and her staff coming, he quickly wiped away the tears, and replaced the photo to it's place. He couldn't let himself fall apart here with all these prying eyes. No that would have to wait until he was in the cold solitude of his room.

           

            Yunho returned to his home and quietly made his way to his room, shutting the door softly and pull off his red scarf from his neck. Leaning against his door, he slumped forward slightly before sliding down into a sitting position. His hands laid uselessly in his lap as he looked blankly down at the scarf resting in one of them. Memories flashed through his mind like a movie set on fast forward, whirling around in his head like a tornado. Tortured, he choked out a frustrated sob before closing his eyes and pressing his fists fiercely against his eyes. He felt like he would go insane from the painful yet oh so precious memories that suddenly barraged his mind.

            "Jae. Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong." he murmured brokenly. That one name served as a double edged sword, healing yet wounding him even deeper each time he spoke it. He needed to see him again. He had to or he felt his world would simply cease to exist. Despite knowing that, he also knew himself well enough to know it would never happen. No. He was a brave man, but even he couldn't bring himself to face the one he had abandoned just as much as the other had abandoned him. Brushing away the tears irritably, Yunho stood up and removed his jacket, throwing it and the scarf on the bed before going to get a hot shower. He was done crying tonight. He had to move on and if he let himself wallow in the self-pity and hurt he never would.

 

            By the time Jae reached his room and shut the door, his throat was hurting so badly that he was unable to speak to anyone. He leaned against the door fighting back the tears still as he breathed heavily. Images of his face, whispered memories of his voice and phantom wafts of his scent assaulted Jaejoong's senses as he closed his eyes, tears beginning to fall of their own accord. He missed him so much. His touch, the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled, the protective nature he had when they had been in public together. Jae missed everything about Yunho. Being separated as a group was hard but being separated from Yunho and then losing touch altogether had almost destroyed Jaejoong.

            Through the onslaught of tears, Jae looked up and moved to his bed and slumped down on the edge. Reaching for the draw of his bedside table he pulled out the silver ring he had paired with Yunho. So it wouldn't get lost he had placed it on a thin silver chain and would often wear it when he felt strong enough to carry the burden that was paired with it. Clutch the chain in his hand, he laid back on the bed, curling up into a ball and stared at the silver band that hung on it. Why had they lost contact? There were multiple times he could have sent Yunho a message. Why hadn't he? Wasn't love supposed to triumph over everything? Why had something so simple as the ability to send a text stopped it then?

            Gripping the ring in his fist, Jae held it close to his heart and scrunched his eyes shut as he submitted to the sobs that had been threatening to spill since the concert a mere hour earlier. No. Love hadn't failed. He had failed as a lover and a friend. His love for that one man was strong. As his sobs slowly faded into an exhausted sleep, Jae resolved that absence does make the heart grown fonder, but it also wounds the heart deeply.