The Ghost of my Past

All Alone

Puffs of steam escaped Yunho's lips as he jogged in the early morning, his eyes red and swollen from lack of sleep. He'd been up all night, his mind racing like a bullet. Admittedly he'd let a few tears leak from his eyes before falling into a restless sleep that only lasted maybe two hours. When the early morning sun had risen, spreading it's cold rays across his room, Yunho found himself awake, tired, but unable to sleep anymore. Needing something to wear him out mentally, he had decided on an early morning run. Not to mention the physical exercise always seemed to help him work out his problems. Needless to say it was freezing due to the early spring weather but the cold helped distract him enough to let his mind relax and allow himself fall into the steady rhythm of a jog. For a while he let his mind go blank, his feet taking him where ever they willed.

            When his body finally told him he needed to take a break, Yunho woke out of his automatic mode and looked around, breathing heavily as he slowed to a walk. Somehow he had ended up at the park a few miles from his house....and the place where Jae had first confessed to him. Stopping altogether, Yunho stood there panting, his hands on his hips as he watched the memory play out in his minds' eye.

           

            It was the end of the first hectic month of being together as a group. They had finally gotten a free evening and decided to spend it playing video games inside. Well needless to say things had gotten a little wild. Yunho happened to look up in time to see Jaejoong standing up and slipping quietly out of the room.

            Frowning slightly to himself, the leader stood up and climbed over his otherwise occupied band members and slipped out as well, following after Jae. He stayed back, simply watching as Jaejoong made his way to the playground where the elder man climbed up on the roof of the slide, sitting down and looking out across the rooftops of the surrounding houses.

            As quietly as he could, Yunho attempted to climb up as well only to find himself slipping and nearly falling the ten or so feet to the ground with a loud yelp.

            A thin, but strong hand grabbed hold of Yunho's wrist. "Grab hold of my hand." Jae said, reaching out his free hand for Yunho to take.

            Looking up gratefully, Yunho grabbed hold of Jae's hand and scrambled up onto the roof with Jaejoong's help.  "Thanks." he panted once he was securely sitting next to Jae.

            "No problem." Jae murmured softly before returning his gaze back to the rooftops.

            Yunho took in the view and grinned widely. The sun was just starting to set, throwing oranges, yellows, and reds across the sky as stray wispy clouds hung low against the Earth.

            "Whoa." Yunho murmured in awe.

            Jae nodded silently, his eyes never leaving the sky.

            The two boys remained silent for a while before a soft, melodic voice broke it.

            "I thought you were wanting to play videogames with the others."

            Yunho fixed Jae with a worried expression. "I'm more worried about you...I saw you slip out and earlier you didn't seem like you were having any fun."

            Jae briefly met with Yunho's eyes before quickly looking away. "I'm fine...it was just a littl too crowded and loud in there." he murmured.

            Yunho found himself getting a bit annoyed with the man. Jae had been acting odd lately, even more shy that usual. For a while there Jae had even been joking and talking with everyone else like he'd known all of them for years. As of a few days ago, he'd been distancing himself from everyone. Grabbing hold of Jae's arm to get his attention, Yunho tugged it slightly.

            "Yah! Seriously. What's wrong?" he demanded.

            Jae jumped slightly at the touch and looked down at the firm hand holding onto his arm with wide eyes before looking up into Yunho's concerned yet worried expression. Blinking slightly he blushed a bit before biting his bottom lip and looking off to the side. "I-It's nothing really..." he shook his head. "I don't want to burden you with anything."

            Yunho huffed a bit before taking hold of Jae's shoulders, turning the man to look at him. "Kim Jaejoong. We've been living and working together for over a month now. I think it's safe to say that it's okay to share our burdens with one another."

            Jaejoong blinked, looking into Yunho's eyes with a searching expression of his own. He bit his lip again, seeming to war with himself as he searched his leader's expression. Sighing he looked down and seemed to sink down into himself. "I don't want this to ruin everything." he murmured softly.

            Yunho frowned, a confused expression crossing his face. "Ruin everything?"

            Jaejoong nodded, refusing to meet Yunho's eyes, his cheeks reddening even more.

            "Look I promise it won't ruin anything arrasseo? Just tell me." Yunho persuaded.

            Jaejoong looked up into Yunho's eyes once more, his chest pounding fiercely in his chest. Seeing Yunho's sincerity, he nodded. "Arrasseo..." he murmured softly. "Yunho...I...um...I really like you..." he muttered, hanging his head as he looked away.

            Yunho blinked. Jaejoong liked him? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all~ Jello here! :) I hope you are enjoying my YunJae fanfic. Just wanted to let you all know that unfortunately I am a full time student and a part-time employee so I do get busy. u_u  However I am working to update more often (at least once every week to two weeks). Anyways please look forward to more and of course please, please, please comment and subscribe :) AKTF! ~Jello