Chapter Five: Bystander

Dying To See You

Bystander

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After she bumped in to Kris back at the classroom, Krystal showed her around. As Krystal toured Amber around the school, Amber got to know Krystal more. Krystal had no friends not because they don’t like her, man she was popular in this school, but Krystal thought all the people in the school are all wannabes and they bored her to death. Amber laughed at her comment, this friend was seriously something. At first when she saw Krystal, Amber’s first impression of her was a or a ice princess but it turns out that she was a really cute and hyper person. What’s even better? They have the same schedule, so that means they are in the same class! But the thing is that she doesn’t sit next to her.

 

 

 

 

They finished the touring just right when the bell rings for the next period. Oh great Korean Literature… yay. The subject that Amber hates and at the most. Back in America, her mom forces her to go to Korean classes and learn Korean. At least she doesn’t get to see Suzy and her group there right? No, Suzy was also Korean and was the top in the school. The good thing was that Suzy was in the top class while Amber was just in level 4, so they won’t see each other too often. Amber knew that her report card was going to have bad marks unlike her marks in school. When it was the last class of the year, the teacher hands out the report cards, she got hers and when she looked at it her heart dropped. All marks were below 65% her highest mark was writing and it was 63.5% and the rest you don’t want to know. But her marks went higher after having tutors helping her out in the summer, but she still hated it.

 

 

 

They went to class and introduces herself to the class before the teacher tells her to sit in the back.  Once again she was seated next to the same guy back in English class. The Kim MyungSoo guy. She didn’t bother to say hi to him because she knew that he would just ignore her but something made disobey that thought. She smiles at him when he looks at her. Amber frowns when he quickly looks away and throws on his hood covering his face. This time Amber didn’t bother to listen to her ipod and listens to what the teacher was saying. She took out her notebook that carries all her Korean notes she took back in America. As she listens to what the teacher had said, the time flew slowly and it was lunch.

 

 

 

As Amber expected it, Myungsoo threw all his stuff in his bag and runs out of the class. She puts her stuff back in her bag before she sees someone standing in front of her desk. She looks up to find a short girl with orange hair that was just above her chest. The girl almost had a round face, as she had a big smile on her face. Amber thought the girl looked like a cute puppy. Krystal comes and joins the group and slings her arm around the girl.

 

 

 

“Oh yeah I forgot this gir-“

 

 

 

“Hi I’m Park SunYoung! Call me Luna!” 

 

 

 

The girl cuts off Krystal as she introduces herself with a big smile to Amber. Amber smiles back as she introduces back to the girl name Luna.

 

 

“I thought you didn’t have any friends?”

 

 

 

 

Amber said to Krystal as they walked in the hall.

 

 

 

 

“Well I forgot about her, because I hype in talking to you.”

 

 

 

 

“Wow, what a nice friend you are, I was your friend since elementary.”  Luna says in disappointment. The two friends stopped walking as they look at their new friend in the middle.

 

 

 

 

“Aren’t you going to put your stuff in your locker?” The two girls said unison.

 

 

 

 

“The cafeteria is pretty packed.” Krystal said, as she brings up her hands and placing them on her waist.

 

 

 

 

“I have one?” Amber asks.

 

 

 

 

“It’s in your papers that the office gave you, here let me see.” Luna grabs the sheets of paper before flipping the paper and scanning the locker number.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, my stomach is grumbling for some food, let’s go before the food is gone.” Krystal whines as Amber closes her locker.

 

 

 

“Let’s go before you start a ruckus.” Amber says as she teases Krystal. The three laughs as they link arms with each other. On the way, she once again finds Myungsoo to be bullied. They were outside as they were going to the cafeteria. The cafeteria has it's own buidling right across from the school. There was a bridge connecting on the top that you can go through.

 

 

 

The girls who linking arms around her were yapping about some girly stuff that Amber didn’t know, her focused was on the boy who was getting bullied. She watches the group of people asked Myungsoo for lunch money. Myungsoo was eating his lunch box until one of the boy pulls Myungsoo by the collar. Amber sees the boy giving him a scary look as his mouth opens to say something, but Amber couldn’t hear. Myungsoo quickly gives them his money, his hands were shaking uncontrollably. They boy releases his grip on his collar before pushing him down onto the bench. They threw the lunch box away as the food fell onto the floor. The group of kids laughs as they disperse. Amber felt bad for Myungsoo and wanted to punch each one if the bullies for bullying him. Amber wanted to help him but she didn’t want people to start to bully her because of him. She felt disgust of herself, but she didn’t want to go back to the old state and getting pushed around. She was selfish and she knew it.

 

 

 

 

Trying to distract her from the bullying happening back there, she catches up on what Luna and Krystal were talking about. Not that long she forgot about Myungsoo and the bullying had happen.

 

 

 

 

Will forgetting help? Or will Karma just come and get her back?