Chapter Seven: Notebook

Dying To See You

NoteBook  

             

 

 

 

 

 

After the bell has rang, the students in the cafeteria slowly to disappear into the halls. The group bid their goodbyes as they’re went into their own separate ways. It’s nice to meet new people, Amber felt like the happiest person since she made 5 new friends. Kris, Krystal, Luna, Sehun, D.O, they were cool and fun to hang out with especially Kris. During lunch time they were all chatting happily mostly Luna actually. She was the loudest and the most cheerful in the entire group.             

 

 

 

Amber for once actually smiled in a long time, it wasn’t big but at least that made her insides a little happier. She felt butterflies flying in her stomach as her hand trembles every time when Kris either looks straight into Amber’s eyes with those sparkling brown orbs or have a little chat. But the whole lunch time she had this weird vibe like someone was staring at her, she looks around the cafeteria but her eyes catches on the girl who was looking at her with a smile who was sitting at the table at near the widows. Having bad eye degree, Amber squints to get a clearer look at the girl. But it didn’t make a difference, it was still blurry.

             

 

 

 

The girl was so familiar, with her jet black hair and her heavy makeup. Amber looks away when she thought that someone had called her name. When Amber turned around, she saw Sehun snap his head as her head turns. The weird thing was that Sehun kept on glancing over to Amber and when Amber takes a glimpse at him, Sehun would quickly snap his head away as his cheeks gets flushed. However that didn’t bother her, since she knew that Sehun wasn’t looking her in hatred or in disgust. Sehun was probably curious or something likes that. But one thing that bothers Amber the most was, that girl with jet black hair who was smiling wolfishly at her back at the cafeteria.

 

             

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello? Earth to Amber..!I know I talk a lot but, you don’t have to look so blank that you look like your spirit had disappeared.” Luna jokes as she observes Amber facial expression. She knew that she was day dreaming and in deep thought but she couldn’t help but to vacant expression. Luna’s remark had made Amber come back to reality.             

 

 

 

“Huh? Sorry… What did you say?” Amber snaps her to the short girl beside her with a peering expression as she was catching up on what she has missed. She feels apologetic towards Luna since Amber knew that she was in deep thought the whole way to the classroom. The girl back in the cafeteria was just roaming inside Amber’s mind.

             

 

 

 

“It’s nothing…” Amber frowns when Luna just shook her head as she smiles at Amber warmly.

             

 

 

 

“Aish, that Krystal…How long does it take for a girl to do her business? Let’s go into class, we’re going to be late if we don’t go in soon.” Amber nodes at Luna’s comment and walked in to the classroom as the second bell rings. Luna walks in her usual seat while Amber introduces herself to the teacher hoping that this time she won’t have to sit next to the Myungsoo guy but to her luck that’s the only available spot. 

 

             

 

 

 

 

 

Amber kept on pouting to herself as she doodles on her notebook. Great just to her luck that she was stuck with him in all her class so far. Amber takes a peek at the poor boy who was getting bullied. Looking at him is like seeing the old Amber back in LA who was getting bullied and abused every day. She pitied the boy.

             

 

 

 

“Okay, now everyone please work with your partner that is sitting next to you.” Amber looks up to the teacher who was pointing a question on the board.

             

 

 

 

“Oh great…”She groans as she knew that she has to work with him. Amber glances at him waiting for his guidance since she is new here, she didn’t know where that beakers and lab coats and all that chemistry needs were. All he was doing was sitting on his chair and writing something in his notebook. Curious on what he is writing, Amber peeks in his notebook. Her eyes widen at how he was writing the answer to the question without having to experiment it. He was indeed a nerd.

             

 

 

 

 Myungsoo double looks at the girl with short who looking at him with a blank expression. He sees her smile warmly at him that made his heart skip a beat. He looks into her eyes that made him feel warm and fuzzy. That same feeling that he got years ago that led him to be treated like this. Sacrificing everything for her, in the end Myungsoo didn’t even get her love and warmth. Instead, he got hatred and gossiped about. He used to be normal and good looking but after he knew that he only used him to get popular, he started to care less about his hair and even got glasses. Myungsoo whips his head away; he knew what would happen if he kept on looking at her. It would be best if he stays away from her as far as possible.

             

 

 

 

“Myungsoo, if I’m not wrong. Um, could you tell me where the beakers are?” Amber asks him politely with a smile on her face. The politeness had taken him back. Myungsoo thought that she would make him or black mail him to give him the answer like the other students. She was different, Myungsoo could feel it. He jerks his hand out and points the cupboard under the desk before he retracts his hand and continues to work on the question in his notebook.

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo hears the beaker glass cling on the desk. He woke up and slowly opens his eyes to see the girl with short hair who was wear a lab coat with glasses. She was pouring two substances into the beaker slowly, the two substances slowly made a fizz noise. Myungsoo takes glances at the girl who was focused on mixing the substances. Myungsoo feels his heart beat pace fastens as he stares at the girl. He takes in a deep breath as he tries to calm his heart down. He feels the urge to pull Amber to his side and embrace her. Myungsoo vigorously shakes his head to knock off the affectionate thoughts. He couldn’t take it anymore, his hands trembles as he throws his stuff into his bag and runs out of the classroom.

             

 

 

 

 Amber was startled when she heard the chair’s screech as it pulls back. She eyes him as he runs out of the classroom. Amber was greeted by smoke from the beaker. She coughs as she accidently poured a lot more substance then she should have. The beaker overflows as it spills on the desk. Amber groans in annoyance, she looks back at the door in the classroom.

             

 

 

 

“What was his problem?” Amber mutters to herself as she cleans up the desk. She looks at the vacant seat next to her. Her eyes lock with a notebook that was left on the desk. She realizes that Myungsoo had left it behind. As curiously has hit her, amber picks up the book, skimming the pages in his notebook. Her head snaps up to the clock near the door when she heard the bell. As she looks up she didn’t realize a picture has slipped out of the note book and has fallen under the table.

             

 

 

 

Amber face palms her as she realizes that she didn’t finish answering the question. Amber throws the notebook in her bag before running out of the class to Krystal and Luna. They linked arms as they walk towards their next class.

 

             

 

 

 

 

 

“Omo, someone has lost their photo…” The genitor says in pity as he picks up the photo from the pile of junk that he has sweep under the desk. He takes a closer look at the photo as his eyes soften.             

 

 

 

“Ah…what a lovely couple…What a pity, that one of them had to lose it.” The genitor said as he kept his eyes on the picture. 

             

 

 

"Wow, this couple is cheesy." The genitor cringes at the words before placing the photo on the the desk that it has fallen under. He finishes up his cleanin in the chemistry room before turnin off the lights and locking the door. Thepicture lies on the desktop as the guy in the picture had golden hair as his arms were wrapped around the girl with brown hair's waist.They smile happily in the photo as their eyes sparkle with words in love imprinted in them. There were words written on the photo in permanent mark. The words "Suzy hearts KrisWu" was imprinted on the picture.