007

The Second Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 007

 

After reading our vows, two ‘I do’s and a peck on the lips, I was officially Nam Woohyun’s wife, by paper. Although some people said love would come during the marriage, I was not sure whether that would happen to me and Woohyun or not. It was obvious that he was still head over heels Hyerin, but he covered it up, very well.

 

The whole family and the guests then moved to a nearby hotel which Mrs. Nam had booked for the wedding’s dinner. I directly went to the room that was prepared to change my wedding dress into a simpler peach coloured dress that I chose myself from the boutique. Bomi and Eunji immediately followed my steps though I insisted that they should join the rest in the main hall.

 

“Come on, unnie. It’s not going to be easy for you to get out from that big, beautiful dress. You will need us to help you.” Eunji complained as I kept asking them to wait in the hall.

 

“Unnie, this is not some novels where your husband would your wedding dress and romantically have your first night. This is the reality.” Bomi added. I blushed at the mention of first night. Was I ready to give myself to Woohyun fully? I seriously never thought of this thoroughly when I volunteered.

 

“You guys, I can handle this myself. You do not have to worry. You guys should go out and have some fun in the main hall. You did a lot for me already and I am very grateful.” I tried to push the two of them out of the room but they resisted it too well.

 

“Fine, you guys will help me.” I muttered and the two girls were grinning at each other victoriously. I let a deep sigh out as I pulled the veil on my hair down, placing it neatly on the table.

 

“Unnie, what do you really feel when Woohyun pulled up that veil? Do you feel butterflies in your stomach or you just feel genuinely happy or maybeㅡ” Eunji was busy asking me when I suddenly stood in front of her, asking her to open the zip of my wedding dress.

 

I would be lying if I told him that I did not feel anything as Woohyun pulled up the veil that was covering my face. If I had been nervous while walking down the aisle, I was even more nervous when I was standing besides Woohyun at the altar. However, I had to conceal all the feelings since I was just a person who volunteered to sacrifice her life to help a childhood friend.

 

“Of course she was happy.” Bomi smacked Eunji’s head as she held the peach coloured dress. Eunji groaned in pain as she ped the wedding dress for me. “Thank you, Eunji.” I thanked her.

 

Slipping into the peach dress, I remembered how Woohyun used to tell me when we were child that he liked me the most when I wore his favourite peach coloured blouse ㅡ one of the reasons why I had chosen the dress for tonight’s event. Bomi and Eunji beamed at the sight of me in the beautiful dress.

 

Tonight’s dinner was mostly attended by the family members and close friends, which did not worry me too much because it would be filled with people that I’ve already known. Bomi and Eunji had joined the rest of the girls who were waving their hands frantically when they saw me entering the main hall.

 

I took my seat next to Woohyun, which was in between him and Dad. He was still in the same as earlier and he smiled upon noticing me. “You look great, Chorong.” He complimented and kissed my cheek, making me blushed furiously.

 

The crowd cooed as the scene of Woohyun kissing my cheek was caught on the live video broadcasting that Sungjong came up with. Woohyun chuckled as he saw me blushing.

 

“It’s not funny, Woohyun.” I hissed.

 

“I am not even laughing.” He countered back.

 

“You are chuckling! That’s literally a form of laughter.” I pointed my finger at him, which made him chuckled even more. I seriously did not get what was wrong with Woohyun tonight.

 

“Fine, I am chuckling or laughing, according to you. It is because you are too cute.” Damn, Nam Woohyun. He was such an expert in making the red blushes appeared on my cheeks. I could feel that my cheeks were burning.

 

Knocking the glass slowly, MC of the night, Sunggyu, a good friend of Woohyun managed to grab everyone’s attention. “Now, let us proceed to the next segment of tonight’s dinner; The Speech session. I will now invite the parents of both sides, one by one to give their respective speeches.” Sunggyu professionally called up Mr. Nam who was ready with a piece of paper in his right hand.

 

“Test, 1, 2, 3.” Mr. Nam knocked the microphone with his fingers slowly before presenting his speech. His speech was clean and simple, reminding Woohyun to take a good care of me and be a nice husband and a filial son. Dad’s speech was almost the same, except for the part where he talked about me being extremely childish around the house and Woohyun should really take a note on that part.

 

Mrs. Nam, my mother-in-law was the next one on the list to give a speech. She did the same thing with the microphone and started her speech, “I am actually nervous to read out the speech that I have prepared but I think what I have prepared would not be enough to show how grateful I am to my daughter-in-law, Chorong. I am really grateful because you are the one who is married to Woohyun. I have seen you guys grew up together, making mess together, fight with each other and how much the two of you care fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter