003

The Second Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 003

 

Laughter filled Woohyun’s room as he fell onto the floor, clutching onto his stomach as if what I’ve said earlier was the best joke of the year. More like the funniest joke that he ever heard in his whole life. I stared at him in confusion. I was being serious even though it seemed to be like a rushing decision. Did I say something wrong? Woohyun’s face fell once he saw that I was looking at him seriously. There was a flash of panic on his face but disappeared within a second. Really, did I say something wrong?

 

“Chorong.” He cleared his throat before continuing, “You must be kidding, aren’t you?”

 

I stare the untouched food on his table. Silence started to fill the room before he spoke again, “Chorong, answer me.” He moved closer towards me as I took a step back, ready to run away from what was happening.

 

“Look, if you’re just saying that because you are pity with me, just no.” He sighed before throwing himself onto the bed, rolling before grabbing a pillow and put it on his face. I was torn. Should I stay back and talk to him or run away from a little mess that I have made? I didn’t realise that I was still in his room when he mumbled with the pillow on his face, “Why are you still here?”

 

 Panicked, I quickly answer, “I need to shove this food down your throat.” while pointing at the kimchi fried rice on the table. He chuckled before replying, “And how exactly are you going to shove the food down my throat?” I chuckled, he still know how to joke even in this situation. I walked closer to his bed to pull the pillow off his face.

 

“Come on Woohyun. Your little tummy needs to be filled.” I pulled his arm since he didn’t want to let go the pillow on his face. He started to whine before giving in, pouting on the bed like a 5 years old boy wanting his mother to feed him. “Don’t be such a baby. I won’t be feeding you.” I picked up the tray on his table, bringing it to the bed.

 

Silence filled the room again. The only sound visible was the sound of the spoon against the plate. Woohyun was eating the kimchi fried rice while I was sitting at the edge of his bed, waiting him to finish the food so that I could bring it down to the kitchen. We changed a few looks and I even tried to strike up a conversation but the earlier incident flooded in my mind, causing me to distant myself from any conversation with Woohyun.

 

I watched him drank the water till the last drop in the glass before picking up the tray, ready to leave Woohyun’s room and go back to the kitchen. I was about to close the door when Woohyun suddenly speak, “Can we talk for a moment?”

 

*****

 

I quickly run back to Woohyun’s room after putting the tray on the kitchen’s counter which managed to gain a yell from Mom, “Park Chorong, manners!”

 

I took a deep breath before knocking Woohyun’s door. No reply. I knocked again and there was still no reply. I twisted the door knob just to find it was unlock. Did Woohyun went out and I didn’t realised? I pushed the door just to find Woohyun, sleeping soundly on his bed with the same position like before. A pillow was on his face and he was curling like a baby. Cute, I said to myself as I pulled the comforter over him before leaving. He looked like a baby; there was no way that I would have the gut to wake him up. Not after what he had gone through today. We can talk tomorrow, I told myself.

 

I was cleaning the mess on his table when I heard him mumbling, “Is that you, Chorong?” I nodded, as if he could see me in the dim lighted room. Realization hit me and I quickly replied, “It’s me.” I could hear him groaning, muttered a few curse words before saying, “Sorry Chorong. I fell asleep when I said I have to talk to you.” I shook my head, “It’s okay, Woohyun. Anyway you should go to sleep. I should get going now. Mom and Dad are still downstairs and I need to prepare for tomorrow.”

 

“Prepare for what? Are you going back already since my wedding will be cancelled?” He asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter