005

The Second Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 005

 

“Chorong?” A familiar voice called out for my name as he tapped my shoulder. I knew the voice really well, as much as I knew Woohyun’s voice. I turned my head around, grinning at the person who was smiling brightly at me.

 

He chuckled. “Yah, Park Chorong. It has been a few days since you came back to Seoul and you didn’t make any effort to meet me. I live near you guys too. Geez.” Hoya hissed. I laughed at the sight of Hoya being annoyed. He had always been the same cool Hoya that I had known since we were in elementary school.

 

“So, you heard about the news.” I looked at him as my voice was a level higher than a whisper. He nodded and my face fell upon remembering the fact that Woohyun had left me alone in Seoul.

 

“Of course, I have heard the news! Your mother was talking about it non-stop with my mother. Not to mention, Sungjong was somehow extremely excited by that.” said Hoya who was completely unaware of my expression.

 

“Great.” I mumbled.

 

“Excuse me, what did you say?” I quickly shook my head when Hoya asked me. He looked at the empty seat next to me and I patted the seat, asking him to sit next to me.

 

“Where’s Woohyun?” His question hit me. I didn’t know where was Woohyun and I planned not to know about it. I shook my head slowly as Hoya said, “I heard Hyerin cancelled her flight yesterday and she’ll be heading to United Kingdom today.”

 

I knew it, I knew it. Woohyun probably dashed to the airport as soon as he found out that Hyerin didn’t leave yet like what his parents had to told him. He will never get over Hyerin and I was sure about it. He never cared about what I feel and for him, I was just a shining girl in armor that had come to save his wedding.

 

“Ah.” I felt like my voice was stuck in my throat.

 

Hoya who realised my sudden changed panicked and said, “Maybe he went somewhere else? After all, he is marrying you, why would he go to the airport to see her, right?”

 

He wanted to win her back, you idiot. I mentally cursed Hoya. I knew the story slipped out from his tongue and he didn’t even mean to hurt my feelings in anyway. I tried to smile at him, trying to show him that I was completely fine but I knew, I failed miserably.

 

He tried to lighten the mood up by asking random things starting from my life in China and then he finally asked, “Chorong, why are you alone here? Are you heading somewhere? I can send you if you want to.”

 

Then it hit me that I was behind the schedule. I was supposed to meet my mother at a near by boutique with Woohyun. I quickly got up with the image of my mother being angry at me started to play in my mind. “Hoya, I really have to go now. It was nice talking to you. I’ll see you around at the neighbourhood!” I said while waving my hands at Hoya who was dumbfounded at first, but then regain his composure and waved back.

 

Shoot, I’ll be so dead if my mom saw me alone at the boutique and worse, I was late!, I said to myself. I shook the thoughts of Mom standing in front of the boutique, looking left and right, waiting for her oldest daughter to arrive with her fiance to try on a wedding dress.

 

I stopped as I saw Woohyun was walking down the same street as I was but from a different direction. His face showed an annoyed expression as his right hand touched the door knob of the boutique. His expression made me wondered whether he wanted the wedding to happen or not. Nevertheless, I gained my composure and started to walk a little bit confident than running and was anticipating for Mom’s nagging.

 

I looked at the warm scene right in front of my eyes once I entered the boutique. Mom and Woohyun were talking to each other and bright smiles were decorating their faces. Mrs. Nam was busy talking to the boutique owner which I concluded that it was regarding my dress and Woohyun’s suit. The sound of the bell on the door probably gained their attention and that explained on why their eyes were on me.

 

“Chorong! My darling, where have you been!” Mrs. Nam stopped talking to the boutique’s owner and quickly rush to me with a big smile plastered on her face.

 

I smiled as Woohyun came closer and ruffled my hair. I groaned softly at his actions as Mom walked closer and I was ready to be nagged at. Instead being nagged at, I heard Mom and Woohyun started to snicker as I looked at the two of them, confused.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Darling, don’t worry. I am not going to nag at you. Woohyun told me why you were late. I understand that feeling of being blinde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter