006

The Second Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 006

 

Hayoung did not even bother to knock on the door as she entered my room with my bridesmaid in honour, Yoon Bomi. It was way too early for someone who was not really fond of mornings, like me. I knew too well the reason why they came in so early. I squints my eyes, trying to look at the clock on the lamp table next to my bed. 5 o’clock in the morning.

 

“Come on, unnie. It’s your big day!” Hayoung exclaimed in excitement as she basically threw herself onto the bed, crashing the empty space next to me.

 

Bomi snickered at the view of my bed head and decided to take a seat in the chair at the table instead of crashing onto the bed with Hayoung. I knew she wanted but she had worn the dress for bridesmaids. I tried not to groan as I pulled the comforter over my head, waving my hands at Hayoung, telling her to go away and stop disturbing my lovely morning.

 

“You’re no fun. They are going to the salon at 7 o’clock and if you don’t want to eat, you can wake up 6.30 in the morning because I think the food would be finish in 10 minutes since Jung Eunji is here.” said Yoon Bomi, trying to wake me up using Eunji’s name.

 

“It’s not going to work Bomi.” I mumbled as I showed my face by pulling the comforter down.

 

“Oh, I am not lying. She’s eating all your favourite breakfast that your mother is making right now and she’s not stopping.” Yoon Bomi pulled out her brand new phone and dialed the number that she had always memorized by heart. A familiar caller ringtone started to play for a few seconds before the person on the other line picked it up.

 

“Bomi-yah, I can’t resist this anymore. Everything looks so good! Chorong unnie’s mom just decided to make kimchi pancake and her dad is laughing at me right now.” said Eunji in her thick Busan accent.

 

Bomi raised one of her eyebrows at me while Hayoung had fallen asleep, probably from all the comfort on my bed. Shoot, I have to wake up or that girl would finish everything in one go, I thought to myself. I kicked the comforter away and Bomi started to laugh hysterically. I took my chance to glare at her but it did not stop her from laughing and it started to get louder minute by minute.

 

I grabbed the towel and slammed the bathroom door with the hope that her laughter will quiet down. Bomi stopped laughing and said to Eunji who was still on the phone, “Eunji-ya. I’ll see you at the salon, okay? She had woken up. Don’t forget to buy some bread on your way and thanks for helping.”

 

*****

 

Hayoung and Bomi were eating downstairs as I kicked them out from my room exactly after I finished bathing. They were scrolling through something on my phone and were giggling nonstop. It turned out that Woohyun had sent a good morning message like previous morning except with a little message at the end, “I cannot wait to call you as my wife.”

 

They were teasing nonstop and I almost blurt out about Hayoung’s little crush but decided not to since Bomi might later on. I love my sister way too much. Throwing the phone on the bed, I started to rummage through my wardrobe, trying to find a nice outfit for the morning of my wedding day.

 

The wedding dress, the cake and everything had been settled yesterday after a long day of Woohyun’s excitement on eating various cakes. The cake shop turned out to be Hoya’s mother’s and no wonder she looked familiar to me. Mrs. Nam and Mom insisted that Woohyun and I should have the last dinner before we got married together. He took me to a fancy restaurant and we bickered on who was in charge to pay. We ended up paying for our own portions. Still, Woohyun did not apologize and explain on why he had left me for a while yesterday.

 

I decided to get over the small problem especially with the thought that I would be marrying him soon and I should not be bothered with small things. He probably something to do and did not get to tell me. Be positive, Park Chorong, I said to myself.

 

I was greeted with Mom and Dad in their exercising attires since it was still early. Bomi was trying so hard not to spill anything on her dress while Hayoung was nowhere to be seen, probably packing things up for the salon and the church.

 

“I can’t believe my little sweetheart will be married to a man today!” Mom started to wail and Dad was trying to calm her down. Bomi snickered, which gain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter