001

The Second Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 001

 

I looked at the house right across my house. It was bright. The people in the house were smiling brightly but the person that I was looking for was nowhere to be found. I’ve been staring at his bedroom’s window, with a little hope that someone would switch on the lights and open up the curtains.

 

I flew back to South Korea two days after I received his email. It was quite shocking since it was the first email that I got from him after 3 years without letters or emails. 3 years without any news and suddenly, he was saying that his wedding day will be held soon. A big part of me was hurt because he only emailed me after years just to tell that he was getting married.

 

“Chorong, aren’t you joining us to help the Nams?” Dad opened the door with a big smile plastered on his face. He was happy for Woohyun since he was like his son.

 

“I’ll go when I finished unpacking. Tell them I’ll be there soon.” Dad nodded and closed the door while I continued to stare at the street below and his house.

 

My phone vibrated, indicating that I received a new message. It was from Bomi, the little girl that I used to know when I was living in the neighbourhood. I was 10 years old back then. I smiled at her message as she was inviting me to hang out at a cafe in the heart of Seoul. I wouldn’t say no to this girl. She was the one who kept giving me encouraging messages when I was in China.

 

My attention went to a figure in front of the Nams’ house. His brown hair was still the same and he got taller than the last time I saw him. He was wearing a blue coat in the midst of February’s winter. He had always looked good in blue. My favourite.

 

I quickly tied my hair into a ponytail like I’ve always done and grabbed the dark green coat behind my door. Going down the stairs was a simple task when I always skipped a few stairs and managed to be in the first floor less than two minutes. Dad shook his head upon seeing my behaviour. He knew that his little childish girl never changed.

 

I opened the door just to see him kissing his fiancée’s cheek but she looked rather uncomfortable. My hyper footsteps stopped up upon seeing the so-called-nice-and-sweet scene right in front of my eyes. The girl smiled at him and walked away. I was playing around with my fingers when he realized that I was there.

 

“Chorong, is that you?” Silent filled the atmosphere since I wasn’t sure what to respond. I was indeed the Chorong that he was referring to. He walked closer, probably to get a closer view of me.

 

“Y-Yes.” I cleared my throat and lifted up my face just to find out that he was grinning in happiness. He walked even closer.

 

“Your hair is longer and you’re much thinner now.” He chuckled. I was sure that he remembered the chubby side of me.

 

“Well, your cheek bones are visible now, aren’t they?” I retorted back to find the look of annoyance from him. 1 for Chorong, 0 for Woohyun.

 

“It’s good to see you again.” He smiled, showing his eye smile which I really adore since we’re young till today.

 

“I heard that you’re getting married soon. Who’s the unlucky girl?” I never replied whether it was good to see him again or not. I wasn’t sure myself.

 

“Excuse me; she’s marrying the Nam Woohyun. She’s one lucky girl to get me.” He was full of himself like he had always been like.

 

“In my point of view, she’s really unlucky to get you. I mean, it’s you! How more unlucky it could be!” I rolled my eyes at him, disagreeing with the fact that he made up himself.

 

“Park-” He was interrupted by his own mother when she called both of us inside. His mother was always a beautiful woman. I wasn’t surprised how Woohyun managed to get those eye smiles from.

 

“Mom, Hyerin and I promised to meet at the cafe in an hour.” Woohyun whined as his mother told him to help the older women inside. Hyerin was the name of his fiancée.

 

“Chorong?” Mrs. Nam looked at me. “Huh? Oh, I promised my friend to hang out with her this evening. I’m sorry, Auntie. I’ll help you when I came back.” I felt sorry to leave but I had promised Bomi after all.

 

“Never mind. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter