Meeting the Eyeliner Diva

Finding Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tao took off his apron and hung it on a hook in the convenience store’s back room.

Luhan popped his head into the room, “Ready?”

Tao nodded as he followed Luhan out. They walked toward the local grocery store as Luhan had promised the day before.

“You’ll be able to meet Baekhyun!” Luhan chirped. “He works the evening shift on the weekends.”

******************************

Tao would have recognized Baekhyun the moment he laid eyes on him, but Luhan beat him to it.

“Baekkie!!!” Luhan shrieked and ran over to the boy with precisely drawn eyeliner on his eyes.

Baekhyun leaned his broom against the wall as Luhan hugged him. “Thank God you’re here,” Baekhyun said dramatically. “I can’t take it anymore. It’s been so boring.”

He peered behind Luhan’s shoulder, “Who’s that?”

Luhan turned around and pulled Tao closer, “This is Huang Zitao, but you can call him Tao! He’s our new employee and he’s going to be attending XOXO High with us! Same year, too!”

Tao smiled shyly at Baekhyun, “Nice to meet you.”

 “I’m Byun Baekhyun,” Baekhyun grabbed Tao’s hand and pulled him down until they were eye to eye.

Tao was startled and pulled back.

“Have you ever considered using eyeliner?” Baekhyun asked pointedly.

 “You see, you have those little cute dark eyebags. Hmm, makes you look sort of like a panda.” Baekhyun was lost in thought. “But you know what will make you look fabulous?”

“Ummm… no.” Tao replied uncertainly.

Baekhyun looked up at Tao and beamed, “Just a liiiitttleee bit of eyeliner on your lids.”

Luhan rolled his eyes.

“You see, they’ll absolutely emphasize your eyes,” Baekhyun ignored Luhan’s eye roll.

“No one wants to try on eyeliner, Baek,” Luhan said rolling his eyes again.

“Quiet, Luhan! I’m trying to talk to Tao here!” Baekhyun stared expectantly at Tao, “Well, do you?”

Tao blinked and turned over to Luhan, not sure of what Baekhyun was asking about.

“Try on eyeliner!” Baekhyun said exasperatedly.

“Umm… not really,” Tao replied meekly.

Luhan gave a triumphant grin.

Please log in to read the full chapter