The Food Stall

Finding Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Xiumin grinned to himself as dragged Kyungsoo into the Dongdaemun Night Market.

“Why are we going here again?” Kyungsoo wondered.

“Because everyone else is busy,” Xiumin replied as he ran over to a food stall that had baozi. “All except for you.”

A clothing stall caught Kyungsoo’s eyes, so he wandered away.

Xiumin moved on to several food stalls and collected several foods. He turned around and didn’t see Kyungsoo anywhere. “Kyungsoo?!” Xiumin took out his phone to call Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo didn’t pick up.

Xiumin pouted as he ate his food and walked along the many stalls at the market.

Kyungsoo finally called Xiumin back and the two decided to go their separate ways for the time being.

“I brought you along so I wouldn’t be alone,” Xiumin complained.

“We’re too far apart now,” Kyungsoo said. “I’ll just buy some things and we’ll meet up in a bit.”

“Okay,” Xiumin sighed. “I’m all alone now,” Xiumin added, hoping to make Kyungsoo guilty so they could just meet up right away.

“You’re the one that left me for food,” Kyungsoo reminded.

Xiumin coughed and ended the call with a, “See you in a bit.”

Xiumin went to his favorite vendor and waved at the old lady, “Hi, Mrs. Cho.”

The old lady smiled and passed over some food to Xiumin, “Have some, Xiumin.”

Xiumin passed over some money, but she refused to take it, “No, just take it.”

Xiumin frowned, “I can’t do that!”

She merely chuckled, “You always visit me here. That’s enough.”

Xiumin turned away, “Wait for me! I’ll be back!”

“You don’t have to!” she called after Xiumin, already knowing where the boy was going.

******************************

Chen rolled his eyes as he watched Kai dance. He won’t even notice if I leave now.

Kai dragged Chen along to Dongdaemun because everyone else was busy and Kai wanted to street dance.

“Why can’t you go alone?” Chen complained. Kai did aegyo that gave Chen chills.

“I’ll do it again for you in the middle of the night, hyung,” Kai promised, sending Chen another wave of chills.

Chen shuddered as he agreed. “Fine, but drive yourself there.”

Kai frowned, but agreed, “Better not leave me in the middle of it.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Chen muttered as he slipped away. “You won’t notice anyways.” Chen stopped by a stall and bought a large pack of strawberry juice cartons.

Chen went over to a familiar food vendor and smiled at the old lady. “Hi Mrs. Cho.”

Mrs. Cho looked up in surprise, “How wonderful! Two of my favorite boys coming here in one night!”

Chen smiled, “Really?” Chen knew about this other kid who came here to visit Mrs. Cho, but they never came at the same day and time. Chen knew how fond of the other boy Mrs. Cho was.

“Yes! He went off somewhere, but will be back soon,” Mrs. Cho smiled.

Chen passed over the large pack of strawberry juice to Mrs. Cho, “For Eunmi.” Eunmi was Mrs. Cho’s only granddaughter. The two only had each other and Mrs. Cho worked hard to support her granddaughter. What was wor

Please log in to read the full chapter