Four

The Girl and the Death

What am I doing? This is just so... he sighed and shook his head. With his hands in his pockets, he turned away from the flower shop and quickly went away.

Since their last meeting he had come here almost every day. But why? That was the question he couldn’t answer. Of course, it was because of his nature that he was attracted to her, but... he couldn’t help but feel like there was something else.

This was just stupid! With an annoyed expression he went into a small street and leaned against the cold wall.

In all of his life he had never felt so pathetic. Even when he tried to avoid going to the shop, he’d in the end find himself there watching the blonde girl.

Angrily he beat the wall and small bricks fell down. Just thinking and getting frustrated about this wouldn’t do.

With his hand still clenched, he walked out of the street down to the shop again. If this woman was so attracting to him, he should probably just end it.

As he was about to enter the shop, he felt a small shiver. Alarmed he turned around. He had felt like there had been someone… “Welcome, sir. Can I help you?”

By the sound of the voice he turned around again, facing a woman with short black hair. Seemed like Jinah wasn’t the only one working here. Suddenly he felt that shiver again. There definitely had to be someone.

“No.” He answered briefly before leaving the shop in a rush. As he stepped out on the street again, he noticed a suspicious person on the other side on the street. Guessing from the statue it seemed to be a man but due to the hood the person was wearing, he couldn’t see the face.

As the person lifted his head he could see a smile. So he wanted to be noticed.

Casually he walked across the street, keeping his eyes on the hooded person. When he was about to reach him, the person suddenly ran away.

“How annoying…” he mumbled but followed the guy.

As the person he was following jumped onto a roof, he was sure about it. He wasn’t human.

Their chaise ended after a short time, with the person being pressed against a houses wall by the man whom Jinah had called ‘Hero’.

As he pulled down the hood, he finally saw the persons face. It was a man. And surprisingly he seemed familiar.

“Hey, JaeJoong-hyung.” The guy said and chuckled.

Jaejoong frowned. “Where do you know me from?”

“Oh come on, hyung. What would you guess?” He began to laugh. “Because we’re the same, of course!”

As he was laughing, a symbol was revealed on his neck. Jaejoong’s expression got dark. Now he knew why that guy had seems familiar.

“You’re one of his people, aren’t you?”

“Ah, now you seem to remember, huh?” The man pointed at the arm that was pushing him against the wall. “Could you, please?”

Reluctantly Jaejoong lowered his arm.

“Thanks.” He cleared his throat. “I guess you remember my face but not my name. Well, I’m Lay. Actually it’s a really easy name to remember, so I don’t understand why you don’t remembered –“

Jaejoong silenced him by grabbing his neck. “What do you want?”

Lay was looking at him with an amused smile. “You have quite a temper, hyung.” As Jaejoong tightened his grip, the other man flinched a bit. “Okay, okay, let go, I’ll tell you.”

“Damn…” Lay was touching the bruises on his neck, as JaeJoong let go of him. “That hurt quite a bit you know? Okay, okay, you don’t have to look so angry, I’ll tell you already.” Casually he leaned against the wall, with the bruises on his neck slowly disappearing.

“The boss wants to talk to you.” Lay explained.

Of course he wanted to. After a few hundred years he wanted to talk to Jaejoong. More than suspicious…

“Well, tell him I don’t want to talk to him.” Without waiting for an answer Jaejoong already turned around, leaving Lay behind.

The latter of course didn’t thought about letting him go already. “You know that you have to, hyung.” He grinned. “And I think that you know I won’t leave you alone until you accept his request.”

Annoyed but with a cold expression Jaejoong stopped and faced the man. “When?”

Lay grinned. “Great to know how you can be convinced. Friday night, apartment 407. You’ll know, where.” And with that being said, Lay jumped onto the roofs again and ran away.

Jaejoong sighed. Great.