One

The Girl and the Death

It was late night and the sun had said good-bye to the day for quite some time already. The streets were lighted by the streetlights and flashy signs, turning the night into day. Between all those cafés and restaurants was a small flowershop. A young woman walked out of the shop and locked the door carefully.

“See you again tomorrow, my loves. Have a good sleep.” A smile was on her lips as she looked at the flowers inside the shop for a last time before leaving. Humming cheerfully, she put her jacket on to cover herself from the chilly air which played with her golden hair.

Enjoying the nightview of the city, she walked along the crowded streets until her way led into a smaller one, leading into a residential area. Ocassionally a cat crossed her way but there weren’t any people around at this time.

As another cat came to her, she kneeled down and began to pet it. “Hi there. Are you out to meet your friends?” The small cat answered with a pleased meow, making the woman smile. “Take care and don’t drinkt too much.”, the woman jokingly warned the cat, as she then heard voices. She looked up from the cat which quickly ran away and saw three men walking into her direction. One of them was clearly staggering.

Alarmed the woman got up and quickly continued her walk. Her heart was slightly beating faster. This area actually was quite safe but drunk people – especially men towards women – were unpredictable.

“Hey, you! Pretty lady!”, one of the men called out for her, “Why don’t you come and have some fun with us?!”

Pretending that she didn’t hear him, the woman quickened her pace a bit.

“Yah! Answer when someone talks to you!”, another one yelled, clearly angry but his friend grabbed his arm to calm him. “Don’t yell at her or else she’ll be scared.”

The woman chuckled darkly. “As if I’m not scared already...” She didn’t even waste a thought on getting slower. Her home was still a few streets away and it didn’t seem like the men were about to give up soon.

“I know you can hear me, lady! Don’t be afraid. When you come with us, we’ll have fun together~” Now she could hear the footsteps of the men quickening, too. Their patience slowly reached its limit.

Startled by that, the woman walked even faster and looked over her shoulder anxiously just to see that the distance between her and the men got smaller and smaller.

“I have to get away from here...!” Mumbling to herself, she finally began to run down the street, which wasn’t easy in high heels.The men behind her yelled something before following her. Although she was used to the area, in that moment she just ran anywhere to get away, only to find herself lost in the end. “Oh, no....no, no, no...! Where am I?” “Stop right there!” She gasped at the sound of the close voice and forced herself to keep running. Please, please someone has to help me!

She could feel her strength slowly fading and her feet hurt like hell. The voices got closer and closer.

“Please...!”, she panted and looked back while running. Why didn’t they just leave her alone?

As she turned her head back, she saw a person directly in front of her but wasn’t able to stop anymore. The next moment she ran right into the person, leting her yell out in surprise and tumble backwards. Before she could even think about hitting the ground, a hand grabbed her wrist roughly and pulled her on her feet again.

Breathing heavily, she looked up, right into a pair of ice-blue eyes.

 


[a/n]Wohoo, finally I posted the first chapter~ Sorry for the long wait ^^;

Well, I only wanted to mention that these story is my entry for the semi-contest 'Treat Me A Fic!' by pinboo (the author of the super-special-awesome story 'Der Märchenclub' check it out *"subliminal" advertising* xD)

Enjoy reading~

-MikiApple ;3