Seven

Confinement Room

“Yah! Lee Donghae, stop walking away from your teacher!” A stern voice called from down the hall way. Surprised at the sudden outburst, that had caused the entire hall population to split down the middle, allowing the loud teacher to pass through. Turning around, the mentioned brunet saw his homeroom teacher running towards him.

“Mr. Kim?” Donghae asked, not quite aware that he had even seen the eccentric teacher yet that day.

“Gimme a minute to catch my breath, boy.” Heechul panted, placing a hand on Donghae's shoulder while he caught his breath.

“Do you need some water, maybe?”

“No, no, I'm perfectly fine. Fit as a pickle or whatever.”

“Right...”

Straightening up, Heechul placed both his hands on his student's shoulders, staring him in the eyes. They stayed in that position for a few minutes, the younger not sure what to do, and the older doing whatever it was he did on a daily basis.

“What happened to your cute little nose?!” The teacher shrieked after a long silence.

“I, uh, bumped into a vending machine.” Donghae replied, lowering his head in embarrassment. Although, the black haired teacher held onto Donghae's chin and held his head up, examining every inch of his face.

“No, no, no. This cannot be, your cute and adorable little face absolutely cannot have a bruise! What to do about this, really.” He muttered over and over, “I guess with a lot of make up, we could hide it...”

“Sir? What exactly are you talking about?” Donghae asked, shaking off the hand on his face.

Instead of answering, the cat like male grinned sweetly, too sweetly, and s an arm across the brunet's shoulders. He casually walked down the, now less crowded, halls at a slow pace in the direction of their homeroom.

“Please, call me hyung.” Heechul started, “I just wanted to have a little chat with my favourite student and dongsaeng. Is that such a bad thing?”

“All due respect, Mr. Kim, but this is the first time you've talked personally to me since school started. What do you want me to do?” Donghae asked again, not wanting to have to do something he didn't want to.

“You sure are a smart one, Lee Donghae.” The teacher stated, letting go of the boy with a huff. “Listen up now, the school open house is coming up soon and Mr. Shin wants to have a play for the parents and guests.”

“I have to refuse.” Donghae immediately says, already knowing where this would be going.

“Yah! You haven't even let me finish what I was saying. How do you even know what I was going to say?”

“Because this is the same way you approached me last year, and I don't think I can do it again.”

“As the drama teacher, and your homeroom teacher, I strongly suggest that you do this. Lee Donghae you are the best male actor we have, other than Choi Siwon and some other guy. Plus, you did a fantastic job last year!”

“That was last year, and I can ignore your suggestion.”

“Come on! I'll let you act lead in all the plays we do this year. And, and you can even call me hyung in school. Just not in class or in front of teachers.”

“Just get Siwon-ssi or that other person to do it.”

“Siwon is already acting a supporting role and the other one, what was his name, says he's too busy with modelling or a movie or something.”

At this point, the pleading teacher was hanging on to Donghae's arm and close to hugging the out of the boy until he would agree. Although the beautiful teacher may be desperate for the piece of perfection in front of him, he wouldn't go so low as to kneel.

“No, hyung, I really can't this year.” Donghae stubbornly refused.

“Please? Everyone misses you, I miss you, and your acting.” The teacher pleaded and showed his cute puppy eyes, giving his all for the stubborn brunet. You should be ing thankful Lee Donghae. The older man thought, thinking of how amazing the boy would look up on stage with costume and acting mode on.

Thinking deeply on the matter, Donghae pursed his lips. It should be an easy decision, he should agree with whatever his teacher asks. But for Donghae there was a bit more to think about. His plan for the year was supposed to be to hang low and not be noticed. Nothing exciting or fun like last year, and he meant those words with the most sarcasm and almost regret. Being in a school play for all to see may put him in an unfortunate position. Not that the years before when he was in the drama club were bad.

His time in the drama club was great and there were many nice and cool people there. No one actually got bullied for being in plays, and all of their acts were amazing. In full truth, he had actually been missing some of his friends that he acted with, and wouldn't mind seeing them again.

“Fine, I'll do it.” The student reluctantly agreed.

“What?! You mean it?” Heechul shouted, letting go of the boy for a split second.

“Yeah, I'll be in the play.”

“YES!!!!” The black haired male exclaimed excitedly and jumped up and down, hugging the boy tightly. “Oh this is going to be great! I have to come up with an amazing script for you. You are going to be the best star of this school yet!”

Telling the teacher to leave because school would be starting soon, Donghae watched with a fond smile as the feminine man joyously scrambled off, mumbling incomprehensible words. Shaking his head, Donghae made his way towards his first class with his eccentric teacher. What's the worst that can happen?

 

“Donghae-ah, wake up,” a soft voice echoed through the brunet's ears. “it's time to wake up baby.” The sweet caring voice coaxed the boy to open his eyes, wanting more and more of the person speaking.

“Can't I sleep some more?” Donghae asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes and unconsciously pouting his lips.

“You know I can't resist you when you do that.” The other boy said just before planting a soft and lingering kiss on the younger boy's lips.

Face heating up, the brunet opened his eyes widely and stared at the head of blond hair that nuzzled into the crook of his shoulder. Nervously, he bit down on his lips that still ached from the short kiss. A hot feeling that warmed his body from the pit of his stomach made him wrap his arms around the boy and pull his body closer.

“Can't we stay in bed all day?” Donghae asked, not wishing for this to end.

“No, no, Hae darling. We have to go to school.” The blond whispered, blowing hot breath in the brunet's ear. “Wake up now...”

 

“Yah! Lee Donghae! Get your fat up right now!” Zhoumi shouted into the boy's ear, evoking a startled yelp. Donghae looked around for a few seconds until his eyes landed on the red head in front of him. Scowling, the brunet stood up from the library table and started to pick up his books, shoving them in his backpack. All whilst mumbling how he doesn't have a fat .

“Oh please, your is fat and scrumptious. It's a good thing darling, don't you worry.” Zhoumi said in his cross diva tone that Donghae had become accustomed to.

“I don't wanna be fat though! How is that a good thing?”

“You're not fat, you just need to grow some abs and then every girl and boy will want you.”

Donghae clicked his tongue and slung his bag over his shoulder. They walked out of the library together and started down the hall.

“I'm still coming to your house, right?” Zhoumi asked, stopping by his locker.

“Yeah, it's just my friend who lives with me, but he's been sick and his boyfriend is looking after him. The house is pretty big so we won't be able to hear them.”

“Hear them? What do you think they'll be doing? Your housemate is sick, right?”

“Yeah well, simply put, Sungmin, at least, is a rabbit.”

“Simply put eh,” The tall boy scoffed as they continued walking, when something came to his mind. “Your friend is gay?”

“Yeah, why?” Donghae asked, hoping that his new friend was okay with homouals.

“I don't have anything against it, seriously. It just came as a surprise.”

“You've met Sungmin before, he's crazy gay, like the eccentric pink gay.”

“You're telling me. I still can't believe he made you carry all those bags!”

They went on walking and talking for a while, Donghae's house wasn't hours away so they decided to walk there. He would usually get a ride with Sungmin, but since he was still sick, and the brunet didn't know how to drive yet, a bus or walking was the next best thing.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, they reached Donghae's house. Although the brunet was all for going straight in, Zhoumi had to wait for a few seconds at the gate, with his mouth open, in awe of the large mansion like house.

“Dude! You didn't tell me you were loaded!” Zhoumi exclaimed, walking up to the other and placing an arm across his shoulder. “Can't wait for my birthday present.” He said jokingly.

“Yeah, well...” Donghae replied, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

“Hey Donghae,” Zhoumi started.

“Hmm?”

“I was just wondering, but, are you straight or gay?” It was to say the least that this question caught the younger boy off guard.