Six

Confinement Room

The brunet sighed, poking his empty pop bottle back and forth. Watching it slowly teeter from one side to the other, on the verge of falling over. His head rested on the cafeteria table, his lunch tray discarded after most of the food was massacred by a metal fork, and the tall china-man had to pull the food away.

Mentioned man was busy talking on and on about a new fashion designer, who put out a new line. A very famous woman in the line of clothing, had apparently come up with the new hot trend for the fall, and everyone was rushing to order it. Donghae just thought it was a waste of money to buy something that expensive right away, when you could wait a few months for it to go on sale.

“I heard that they are getting the clothes in at one of the malls by the school,” Zhoumi said excitedly, “we should totally go there one day!” He continued, and looked from Donghae to Henry, who had joined their table for lunch.

“I don't know...” Donghae muttered, not really paying much attention.

“Oh come on! Lee Donghae, I am demanding you be there.” He said sternly, pointing a slender finger at the brunet's direction.

Thinking about it, he figured that it might be a good thing to go out with friends. Sungmin would definitely want me to go, too... He thought, imagining what the black haired male would say to him. And after all of the seriously depressing things that have happened to him in the past few days, he could use some fun time.

“I guess I could go....” He said, giving into the determined look from his friend.

“Sweet! How 'bout Saturday? We can all meet at the school and walk there.” Zhoumi suggested, the bell ringing just as Donghae nodded his head in agreement.

“Alrighty then,” Zhoumi said, gathering his empty lunch tray and turning his attention to the small blond. “what class do you have now? I can walk you there.”

“English, it's my best class too.” Henry replied, grinning brightly and receiving a pat on the head.

“Well of course it's your best class, you came from Canada!” The red head chuckled and the two of them shuffled their way off, Donghae silently trailing behind them.

They really are good friends. Donghae thought, smiling faintly and feeling envious of the duo. He always wished for someone who he could be best friends with, to be able to share everything to someone without being made fun of or judged. A friend who he could play with and joke around. Even if he had Sungmin to call his best friend, they weren't what they used to be. It just wasn't the same after everything that happened last year.

“Watch out, dude!” A voice called, but it was too late, as Donghae slammed face first into a vending machine.

Falling to his bottom, Donghae let out a long whine, hands on his sore face. “Ouch, Shisus! Why do they put those things in such inconvenient places!?” The brunet shouted, forgetting momentarily that he was in a school hall, full of people. Realizing this and that someone had tried to warn him, he opened his eyes and lowered his hands.

“Hey, I warned you.” A boy said, squatting down in front of the brunet and putting out a hand.

Donghae pursed his lips, but took the hand none the less. Letting out a small squeak as he was pulled upwards quickly.

“Geez, you're heavier than you look.” The boy exclaimed, bringing Donghae to pout and look at his body for a few seconds, I'm not that fat, am I?

“Uh, well, thank you...I guess.” Donghae muttered, smiling to the boy in front of him. Studying his looks for the first time, the brunet thought that this boy was very good looking. Although maybe a bit younger than himself, he was indeed quite the looker, tall, with sparkling brown eyes, and (seemingly) soft, red tinted hair.

“No problem, but I think your nose is bleeding. So why exactly were you so spaced out like that?” The boy asked, tilting his head slightly.

“Oh, well, I was just thinking a bit.” Donghae replied quietly, scratching the nape of his neck and trying to dismiss the throbbing from his face.

“Is that so?” The boy said mockingly, “I'm Cho Kyuhyun, by the way. The handsomest genius you'll meet.”

Donghae had to swallow his urge to scoff at his proud statement, finding it highly arrogant. “Is that so?” He retorted instead, in a similar mocking tone.

“Now then, I see we have a smart here.” Kyuhyun said, snickering almost silently. “You didn't tell me your name.”

“Right, sorry. My name is Lee Donghae.” The brunet told him, bowing politely as he said his name.

“Oh ho ho, really now?” Kyuhyun said, a smirk evident across his features. “Things just got a whole lot more interesting...” the red head said mysteriously, eyeing the boy in front of him up and down. The look in his eyes showing a different emotion that sent shivers down Donghae's spine.

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, what the are you doing? I have places to be you bastard!” An all too familiar voice rang down the now empty halls.

The final bell sounded just as a grumpy blond rounded the corner, an unlit cigarette hanging from his plump lips. When the sharp, black eyes of the blond met with Donghae, the small cigarette fell from his lips and onto the floor.

“Why the do I need to keep seeing you around here?” Hyukjae asked to no on in particular, his voice radiating annoyance.

“No offence, dude, but you both go to the same school.” Kyuhyun said, shrugging his shoulder when stared at with a glare.

Seeing the two argue back and forth, Donghae figured that they were friends. Which meant bad news for him. He slowly shrunk back, and hoped that he could escape this situation easily. Although that seemed impossible as the two boys turned their heads to stare at him.

“So, fugly, you hitting on my friends now?” Hyukjae asked.

“I didn't even know you were friends.” Donghae said back, trying to get out of a twist.

“Well I don't see why anyone I know, would want to even talk to a whiny like yourself. Go be a with that Chinese guy.” The blond paused before continuing. “Oh, and if I see you again, this is going to be your, already stupid looking, face.” Hyukjae then proceeded to angrily stomp on the discarded cigarette, grinding it into the marble floor.

Gulping, Donghae nodded and waited for the two to be gone. Hyukjae huffed loudly and turned around, yelling at Kyuhyun to follow him. The red headed boy started walking off with the blond, stopping to turn around and smirk at Donghae.

“I'm completely looking forward to this play. I'm sure you two will make great leads, although one of you might end up dying.” The boy said, sending Donghae an evil smirk that made him wish he had passed out when he ran into the vending machine.