Coincidence

You Were My Bestfriend

 

We arrived at home after I had to stand the embarrassment when people staring at me at the bus because of my dirty cloth. My house is a bit small, even we still tent it. Therefore, I wanted to buy my parents a house when I succeed someday. As soon as I opened the door, I walked to the bathroom to clean myself.

“Ummaa..” It was not me. My mother got out of the room as she heard Donghae calling.

“Oh, Donghae-ah. It’s been a while.” She hugged him.

“Umma, your son is here.” I protested.

She looked at me and startled, “Ommo! What happened to you, son? Why are you so dirty?”

I sighed, “There was an accident.” Then Donghae started to laugh again.

“Aigoo! Go clean yourself!” said my mother, slapping my arm softly.

After changing my clothes, I saw Donghae was eating in the dinning room. “Why didn’t you wait for me?” I asked.

“Donghae had been starving. Poor him.” said my mother, who was doing some housework, sincerely.

Donghae grinned, “I’m sorry.”

I joined him and began to fill my plate with food.

“You don’t go to work?” He asked.

I shook my head, “I’m off today, why?”

“Nothing. Just asking.” He said and continued his meal.

“Donghae,” I called.

“Hmm?” His mouth was still full of food.

“Why do you like her? Do you still like her after what happened to me? She doesn’t have manner.” I tried to persuade him.

He shook his head. “In contrary, I like her more. She’s different with other girls, not easy to fall for your flirting and she’s brave enough. Moreover,” he paused and look at me with a smirk, “you deserved it.”

I got up with anger and I wring his neck, “What did you say, huh? Say it once again.”

“Aarrgh, I’m sorry. Let me go.” Donghae got out of my arm and ran for his life.

“YAH! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN FROM ME? LEE DONGHAE...”

 

All of them laughed like crazy when Donghae told them about the incident yesterday. Kyuhyun and Shindong laughed as loud as they could, while Victoria tried to hold back her laugh and told them to stop.

“Guys, stop it.” She said between her giggle.

“It’s okay, Vic. Let them laugh as they want.” I said sarcastically.

Donghae comforted me by tapping my back, but I yanked it. He was the one who’s responsible to this.

“I think I will never meet her again.” I covered my face with my both hands.

“But she’s already here.” Kyuhyun said, and I saw her with her friends took a seat in the corner of the cafeteria. I hoped she didn’t tell about it to her friends. It would ruin my image.

 

I couldn’t help but let the incident keep replaying in my head. I couldn’t get what Mr. Kim talked about in composing class, until the bell rang that woke me up from my thought.

“Hyuk, you are going to your part time job, aren’t you?” Donghae asked me. I was walking with Donghae and Shindong at the school yard.

I nodded. “Why?”

“My parents are still not home,” he pouted. He turned to Shindong with his puppy eyes. We knew that he didn’t like being alone; he felt lonely easily.

“You know I have to help my mother at the shop.” Shindong said.

Then we saw Kyuhyun on his motorcyle, putting a helmet on Victoria’s head. Donghae ran to him.

“Hey, where  are you guys going?” he asked.

“We’re gonna watch movie. Why?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Can I join?” Donghae asked excitedly. I shook my head. Why there is a person who didn’t have any sense like him?

Kyuhyun looked hesitating, “You don’t go to Eunhyuk hyung’s house?”

“He works today,” he pouted, “Can I go with you? Please.” He showed his miserable expression, so that even Kyuhyun looked a bit moved.

“But it doesn’t fit for three people.” Kyuhyun refers to his motorcycle.

“It’s okay. I will go by bus and we will meet there.” I really want to hit this kid.

“Yah!” I yelled at him, “Don’t disturb their date!”

“It’s not a date!” said Kyuhyun and Victoria in sync.

“Sure, Oppa. You can go with us,” finally Victoria said, while Kyuhyun glared at her in disbelief.

 “Really? Can I?” he asked enthusiastically.

“You are the one who forced.” Kyuhyun muttered.

 

I arrived at the cafe where I had my part time job and soon went to of the cashier table after changing my clothes. There was a line of customers in front of me and I served them when they ordered. I turned my head to shout the order to the other employee in the kitchen.

“Excuse me, I want  a glass of hot chocolate,” said the next customer. But when I looked back, I saw the last person I wanted to meet. We both were stunned for a while. “You?” she exclaimed, “What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you see I’m working here? I should’ve asked you. What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you see I’m  ordering?” she imitated me.

“Why here? I mean.. can’t you find other cafe?” I asked, being annoyed. “Oh, my.. What a pity of me,” I mumbled.

“What? My house is around here. And why I can’t come here?”

Before I answered, the customer behind her started to protest and my colleague warned me, “Hyukjae, what are you doing?”

“Ah, I’m sorry,” I said to him, then face her again. “I got your order, Miss. Take a seat please,” I said mockingly.

She hissed, then did what I said.

 

I kept looking at her when she was drinking at the table, thinking what I should do. It was my only chance to make up with her and I might be able to help Donghae too. Should I approach her? But what would I say? I kept considering, then I determined to approach her while there was no customer in the line, for the sake of my image and surely for my bestfriend’s first love.

“Hello, can I take a seat?” I greeted her  as polite as I could.

She raised her head and knitted her eyebrows, “What is it? I thought you didn’t like me being here?”

“Well, actually I..” I my lips, trying to choose my words. She raised her eyebrows. “I want to apologize.”

“For what?” she asked.

"You know.. About yesterday, I didn't mean to annoy you. I just.. My friend..."

"You don't have to apologize," she cut him off. "I think what happened to you was enough to pay it." She grinned.

Tsk, this girl! I tried to calm myself down. What I should do is shut up. “Okay, if you think so I take back my apologize.” I acted coolly. “By the way, did you.. tell about it to anyone else?” I asked hesitantly.

She laughed, looking so amused when I was stuttering. She tapped my shoulder, “Relax, I haven’t told anyone.else. You are safe.” she said with a bossy tone, with informal language.

“Yah! I’m your sunbae! Show your respect!” I warned.

“But,” she said, “I don’t know if I’m going to tell my friends?” she teased me.

I whined. “Please.” Why was I doing it?

She laughed again. “I see, I see. I’m gonna shut my mouth.” She acted zipping with her thumb and forefinger. Strangely I found it really cute.

Okay, it turned out that she was not that hard to talk to. She didn’t tell her friends and I wish she wouldn’t. Now, next mission.

“Nurin.. Is it your name?”

"Yes, it is," she answered, not questioning how I knew her name.

"I'm Lee Hyukjae," I told her, offering my hand.

"I know," she asked, ignoring my hand.

Is this what Donghae meant by unique? I think it's more like rude. I gritted my teeth and curled my hand into a fist. i must take a deep breath before I talked, "You know, next week the sport festival will be held in our school.”

“Yeah, why?”

“My friend, Donghae and I will play soccer on Monday. Do you want to come to the match?”

She raised her eyebrows, “You ask me to go with you?”

“And  Donghae. Do you know him?”

“I do. I met him once on my first day at school, but I think he doesn’t remember me.”

She’s absolutely wrong. “So?” I asked.

She nodded, “Okay. But can I come with my friend?”

“Sure, no problem.” I replied with a smile.

Then we talked for a while. It turned out that her house was just two blocks from the cafe. Actually, she was easy going and funny. Unfortunately we were interrupted by the customer who wanted to order.

 


A/N

I am really sorry for abandoning this story for too long, when it's actually just two chapters. haha.. shame on me.. By the way, it's my holiday again so I can manage to continue this. I wish you still want to read my story.
Please subscribe if you like this story, and I will be glad if leave your comment. I accept any kind of comments since my writing is still far from good.

p.s I give my deepest condolences to our leader, Leeteuk, and his family. It pains me so bad :'( #StaystrongParkJungSoo