The Boys

You Were My Bestfriend

can't find picture with Shindong :( *can't find picture with Shindong :(

Finally the bell rang signing the break time after two hours that felt like forever studying Math, at which I was really bad. Although I studied in SM Art High School, where they taught about music, dancing, and acting, but we were also taught some general subjects like Math, English, and History. We have our own major, which we learned more specifically. My major was modern dance, and I was one of the best students there. They called the dancing machine.

I took a lunchbox from my bag and open it. I was about to take the sandwich in it, then a big hand was above it. I slapped the hand preventing him from taking my sandwich. “It’s mine.” I shout. He is my bestfriend, Shindong. Despite his body was already so fat, he ate as if he was always starving.

“You stingy anchovy.” He hissed.

“How can I be fat if you keep eating my food!” I replied.

“Ya! Let’s just find something to eat in canteen. Kajja,” said the man who sat next to me. If Shindong was my bestfriend, then he was my other half, Lee Donghae. We had been together since the audition for entering this school, and now we were in the senior year, so you can imagine how intimate we were. “Eunhyuk-ah,” he called me. My real name was Lee Hyukjae, but my friends prefer calling me Eunhyuk because they said my name is similar to a comedian’s.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m gonna come to your house after school. My parents are going to Grandma’s house.” It was not a question. He just came to my house when he was bored though I didn’t allow him, so I just shrugged.

“Do what you want.”

 

We walked to the cafeteria together, my right hand still holding the sandwich while chewing a bite in my mouth, and my left hand around Donghae’s shoulder. We were really used to the skinship. Do you think I’m a gay? Then you’re quite wrong. I like girls. A lot.

“Hyukjae oppa!” Someone called, a girl.

I turned my head to see who was calling. “Ah, Tiffany-ah.” I smiled, and released my arm from Donghae’s shoulder.

She ran towards after me. She was a junior from singing class, one year  younger than me, and pretty of course. “Oppa, I have something to say,” her face turned sorrowful.

“What is it?” I said softly. I felt my two bestfriends left behind me, they knew it would be long waiting for me.

“I think I can’t go this weekend. Suddenly my brother asked me to accompany him to his friend’s wedding party.” she said with pouted mouth.

“Ah, too bad. So we can’t go to the theme park?”

She nodded. “Oppa, I’m really sorry. I have told my brother, but he insist me to go.”

“Hey, it’s okay. I understand.” I said comforting her.

“You don’t mad at me?” she asked.

“No, of course. It’s not your fault. Maybe next time.” I tapped her shoulder.

“Really?” she was brightened up.

I nodded, and gave her my gummy smile.

“Okay,” she smiled back. “I’m going to my class. See you, Oppa.”

I waved at her, and I sighed. My nuna had given me two tickets because she won a lottery. What should I do then?

 

I joined both of my classmates after ordered my food. Apperently the maknae had been on the table with them. He is my other bestfriend, a dongsaeng. His name was Cho Kyuhyun, majoring vocal. He entered the school just five months ago, but we were already very close. Yeah, we were so close that he never treated us as his sunbaes. He had angelic voice but not with his attitude.

I sat beside Donghae, while Shindong and Kyuhyun were across the table.

“Hyung, where have you been? Did you flirt to girls again? Who is your next victim?” He said without any formality. If you want to know how we got close, it was because we bullied him at first, asking him to pay our foods, bring our bags, and such things. You know it was a common thing to bully the freshman, and we looked for the easy-looking one. But it seemed that the situation is reversed now.

“What? Victim? Do you think I’m a criminal?”

“Yes, you are,” He replied. “You just play with the girls like toys.”

“Keep your mouth! I always treat them nicely.” I defensed.

“Sure, you should treat them nicely to get them. If you don’t, what can you do with that face?” He giggled, mocking me.

“Damn you!” My blood boiled up. I was very sensitive when someone effend about my face. I do have a lot of charms, but honestly I was not really confident with my visual. So I smacked the evil maknae’s all over body I could reach as he tried to fend with his hand, asking for pardon.

“YA! STOP IT!” shouted Shindong. “I’m eating here!”

We stopped.

“Always busy with your food.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“By the way,” Shindong said to me, ignoring what Kyuhyun said, “actually who will you choose among those girls? Or you never planned to have a relationship?” I was surprised with his sudden seriousness.

“Why you suddenly ask?”

“No, it’s just not good to play with girls like that. You may get your karma, you know.” he said, narrowing.

I was stunned for a while, then rolled my eyes. “Oh, please stop. You make me scared.”

“I’m serious. You have to choose.”

“Come on. You know who I choose. Isn’t it clear enough?” I grinned.

“Who?” the three of them asked at the same time.

I giggled at their reaction. I put my both hands on one of Donghae’s shoulder and placed my chain on it. “Of course I choose my lovely baby Hae.” I said towards him with failed aegyo.

“YA!” Donghae warded my hands. “I’m still normal!”

“So you should have chosen one of them. They can’t keep their eyes off you.” I pointed at the three girls who sat at the table not so far from us. The guys saw at the direction I pointed. Jiyeon, Soyeon, and Hwayoung are Donghae’s fanatic fans. Jiyeon waved her hand flirtily as she saw Donghae stared at her. He turned his head right away.

“They are so annoying.” He hissed.

I laughed at his innocence. “If I had that face, I would use it wisely.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Donghae guff. “I don’t use it wisely?”

He made us laughed so hard. Actually, Donghae was popular amongst females due to his perfect face, even though he was not that tall but his good looks replace his height. You could also feel liking him because of his pure self. But, he was so shy in front of girl. He could be so stupid when he started approaching a girl; I didn’t say he wasn’t stupid among guys, but he was really idiot about flirting with girls. And surely he already had someone who stole his heart, but he hadn’t made any move, which made so frustrated.

Apperently, the said girl just entered the cafeteria with her friends. As if he had a radar, Donghae’s eyes turned to her immediately and I almost could see flower arrangements around his face.