When he drinks.

Who can stop me?

“I’ll get him silently and bury him in the mountains.” whispered Lee Hae Jin.

“You have a cell right?”

 

“Cut! Good take! That’s all for today! Good work, everyone!”

“Director-nim, you’ve worked hard today!” Hyun Woo smiled as he bowed to everyone in the set. “Thanks for the hard work, everyone!”

Soo Hyun too followed Hyun Woo’s lead, and bowed to the filming crew. After greeting everyone, Soo Hyun turned and tried to get to his ride, but the PD from a while ago stopped him before he could get away.

“I thought you were going to get a drink with Hyun Woo?" the PD asked. "Hyun Woo-ah! Soo Hyun is already waiting for you!” he called before Soo Hyun could stop him.

Damn it.

Cursing under his breath, Soo Hyun forced a smile and thanked the PD as Hyun Woo skipped towards them.

“Hyung! Sorry for the wait! Let’s go!”

“Soo Hyun, where are you going?” his manager asked as he stepped towards them. Seeing another chance to escape, Soo Hyun answered quickly: “Hyun Woo wanted me to grab a drink with him.” then before the manager could say anything, he exclaimed: “Oh! I have a lot of schedules lined up tomorrow right? Ah, I can’t go then.” He said with faux dejection, even making sure that he looked disappointed.

To his dismay, Hyun Woo spoke up. “Manager-hyung, can’t you just let Soo Hyun-hyung hang out with me for a while?”

Silently, Soo Hyun pleaded with his eyes, willing his manager to refuse the offer.

“But we have a tight schedule tomorrow, and he needs his rest.”

Soo Hyun smiled in relief, mentally taking note that he should treat his manager better. But before he could take another step, Hyun Woo spoke up again.

“Please? I promise we won’t be out for very long!”

Coupled with puppy dog eyes, Hyun Woo’s request sounded so sincere that even Soo Hyun got talked out of his resistance. Naturally, his manager agreed that Soo Hyun could go grab a drink with Hyun Woo. Elated, Hyun Woo thanked the manager profusely, before dragging Soo Hyun to his minivan.

 


 

“KIM SOO HYUN!” Hyun Woo yelled for the umpteenth time since they started drinking.

A very tired Soo Hyun slouched across the lounge chairs, not even bothering to react.

Not wanting to have any trouble with their fans, they specifically went to a karaoke place where no one would disturb them. Soo Hyun was suddenly thankful that they came to a karaoke bar instead of any other bar. With Hyun Woo screaming his head off, it would have been hard to mask the sound if they were in a regular bar. Looking at the drunkard in front of him, he sighed in exasperation. The last hour had been hectic for him.

It was fine when they arrived at the karaoke place. Soo Hyun was a little mad at Hyun Woo for dragging him there, and truthfully, a little nervous because he had no idea what he should tell Hyun Woo.

They got settled in a room towards the end of the place, and started ordering their drinks. Soo Hyun ordered two beers, then he turned to Hyun Woo: “What do you want?”

“Uhh… this,” he pointed to a drink on the menu. Soo Hyun took a look at the drink and opened his eyes in shock.

“Do you even know what drink is this?”

“Of course! Why did you think I ordered it?”

“You know its high in-“

“Stop nagging, will you?” Hyun Woo frowned, clearly pissed.

“Fine.” Huffed Soo Hyun. They thanked the waiter after taking their orders and were left alone in the room.

After a few awkward seconds, Hyun Woo asked: “Are you going to tell me the reason you keep staring at me?”

Pretending not to hear him, Soo Hyun grabbed his beer and started drinking it. “Ah. Drinking cold beer is definitely the best! Since we’re at a karaoke place, let’s sing!” Soo Hyun then went on to choose some songs, paying no heed to the irritated Hyun Woo.

Seeing that Soo Hyun wasn’t going to listen to him, Hyun Woo sighed and took a sip from his drink.

Yuck. This is so spicy.

Yet for the sake of his pride, Hyun Woo managed to dunk the whole glass of his drink as Soo Hyun sang passionately to ‘Life’.

Strange. Hyun Woo thought. This doesn’t really taste that bad.

“Kim Soo Hyun, I’m gonna get more drink.”

“Oh, okay.” Soo Hyun nodded. He doesn’t even call me hyung anymore huh, that imp.

After a while, Hyun Woo came back with another glass of bloody mary. Soo Hyun noted that it was already half empty. Brows furrowed, Soo Hyun asked with worry in his voice:

“Are you sure you should be drinking that much?”

“God, you need to stop nagging. I’m sober, aren’t I?” Hyun Woo answered, his voice raised. He slumped back on the couch.

“You’ve just turned 20 right? Gosh, kids these days.”

“I’m not a kid.”

“Hmm.”

Soo Hyun picked up his second bottle of beer and chugged it down. Within minutes, it was finished.

“Ah. That was awesome. You wanna sing a song?” he asked. When his question met no answer, he turned over to look at Hyun Woo. The boy was now sleeping lightly on the couch.

“Hyun Woo-ah,”

Still no response.

“You know, the reason I kept staring at you was because you're so fascinating. I was able to understand that you have a hidden personality,” he started, aware that Hyun Woo wasn’t listening. “But I couldn’t understand why there’s this emptiness behind your actions, this darkness in your eyes.

“I may be wrong,” he paused. “But I think that there could be more to why you're acting like this. And I want to know why. That’s why i was staring at you, but I don’t suppose you can hear me now,” he chuckled.

Soo Hyun looked at the sleeping boy. His eyes was shut, yet his brows was creased, hinting that he wasn’t sleeping as peacefully as Soo Hyun thought. His hands was also clenched in fists. Thinking that Hyun Woo was having a nightmare, Soo Hyun wanted to wake him up.

“Hyun Woo-ah,” he called, shaking his shoulders.

“No…”

“Wake up, if you’re tired then we can go home okay?”

“Don’t…”

“Kid,”

“NO!” and Hyun Woo was jolted awake. He lunged at Soo Hyun, hands yanking at Soo Hyun’s hair, face buried in Soo Hyun’s neck.

“Hyun Woo yah!” panicked Soo Hyun as he tried to push Hyun Woo away.

Hyun Woo only held on tighter.

“KIM SOO HYUN!” he suddenly screamed in his ears.

“Ouch,” yelped Soo Hyun, trying harder to push Hyun Woo off. “Kid! You need to wake up!”

“Kim Soo Hyun, you damned bas-” was all Soo Hyun heard before he felt a sharp pain on his neck.

“OW!” yelled Soo Hyun as he flung Hyun Woo off himself successfully. “What the heck?!”

“Kim Soo Hyun, KIM SOO HYUN!”

“Aish, damnit! Shut up!” he blushed as he examined the bite mark in a mirror.

“Kim Soo-”

“I told you to shut up!”

Hyun Woo stopped yelling for a moment, and stood up. Head facing the floor, Hyun Woo staggered towards Soo Hyun. Shocked, Soo Hyun started running away from him.

“I’m sorry, I'm sorry!” screamed Soo Hyun. “Continue yelling, do whatever you want!”

To his surprise, Hyun Woo really sat down on the spot and continued yelling.

Tired, Soo Hyun sank down on the couch furthest away from Hyun Woo.

“Oh my god.” He sighed as he stared at the screaming kid in front of him.

“Have a better excuse if you can’t drink, you idiot.”