Confrontation.

Who can stop me?

Soo Hyun’s unease increased with every step he took towards the minivan.

He knows.

Looking down at his stained shirt, he cursed silently, blaming it for his plight. As they neared the minivan, Soo Hyun briefly considered running away, but knowing that they will inevitably be meeting again for filming, he pushed the idea out of his head.

 


 

While Soo Hyun’s head was b with nervous thoughts, Hyun Woo remained unexpectedly calm. With Soo Hyun’s reaction from his question, he pretty much guessed that Soo Hyun already knows about his real character. All he needed to do was to confirm his suspicions and to stop Soo Hyun from spreading it.

Before long, they had reached the minivan.

“Here, get in from this side,” said Hyun Woo. “I’ll get you my spare clothes and you can change inside.”

All Soo Hyun could do was to nod as he climbed into the minivan. Closing his eyes, he rested his head on the headrest while he prepared himself for the confrontation. Knowing that he will not be able to deny, he tried to think of a way to put the situation in a positive tone, but before he could think of anything, the opposite door opened. Hyun Woo passed him the shirt before climbing into the seat next to him.

Soo Hyun changed his clothes as quickly as he could, partly because he was nervous, but also because of the cold. He couldn’t help but notice that Hyun Woo was staring at him throughout the whole process. In an attempt to joke, he said:

“I know I'm wearing a warmer underneath, but I don’t think you should stare so much.”

“When did you know? How did you know?”

Stunned, Soo Hyun faltered for a moment before answering: “I-I don’t know what you’re talki-”

BAM.

Soo Hyun fell back on his seat as Hyun Woo’s fist hits the window next to him.

“I won’t ask a second time.”

Seeing Hyun Woo’s face just centimeters away from his, Soo Hyun’s heart hammered wildly in his chest as he forced his voice through his tightening throat, “That day, at the night shooting. I heard you and your manager argu- talking in your minivan.”

“Damn it!” swore Hyun Woo as he pulled his arm back from the window.

He knows.

I knew that.

So what now?

Is there a way I can make sure that he doesn’t tell on me?

I have nothing on him, will he listen?

The minivan sank into silence as Hyun Woo tried to sort through his thoughts. Running his hand through his hair, he began:

“Regarding this issue, I need you to know that… it wasn’t meant to be known. And I need your cooperation to help me keep it a secret. You’re an artist too, I’m sure you know how important your image is right?”

Looking at the worried face Hyun Woo was making, Soo Hyun answered: “If this is all you’re asking me, then I can tell you that I have no intention of letting loose of this information. Like you said, I’m also an artist. I know that we all have some sort of secret.”

Hearing Soo Hyun agreeing so easily shocked Hyun Woo a little.

“If it was like this, then why did you hide the fact that you already knew my… secret?” Hyun Woo asked, quoting Soo Hyun’s words.

“Things would be awkward for you right? There wasn’t any need for you to know. Anyway, I have planned to keep it a secret from the others. You can trust me on this.”

Looking at the sincere face Soo Hyun was making, Hyun Woo dropped his guard for a moment, and felt a little touched by what Hyun Woo said, but the feeling was quickly replaced with tension.

How do I know for sure if he will really keep my secret?

As if reading his thoughts, Soo Hyun smiled.

“Sure, you don’t have any reasons to believe that I will not betray you, but I don’t have any reasons to spill the secret, do I? I mean, I get better roles than you, and I look better.” He added in good humor.

Although still a little wary, Hyun Woo had no choice but to believe in Soo Hyun.

“Okay.” he said flatly.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow for filming then.” said Soo Hyun as he left, leaving Hyun Woo alone in the minivan.