The Contract

Yours Truly

I felt the need to update this.

 

_________________________________

 

"Sign this paper." 

 

The nutjob handed over a piece of white paper to Wooyoung. "What is this?" The boy asked, puzzled. "It's a contract. Basically it binds you to a six-months servitude under my name. You will eat, breath, drink, sleep and dream of me. Nothing else but me. No, it's not a weird marriage proposal or any sort." Minjun added the last part when Wooyoung stared at him in shock. "But you can regard it that way."

 

"W-why?!"

 

There was frustrated sigh as Minjun reached out for something he placed on the couch. It was the cashmere coat. Wooyoung knew he wasn't forgiven yet. "I had to soak this for three hours yesterday. Look at the damage you've done."

 

Wooyoung couldn't see any physical damage to the coat. There were no stains---not that he could see anyway---no strange intestinal smells, no holes....in fact, it looked new. "I see nothing."

 

Minjun took a step closer---careful not to step too close---and said in annoyed tone, "It shrunk. How are you going to fix that?"

 

A good taylor could have modified the coat to make it bigger, but Wooyoung wasn't one. He simply glanced at the coat before turning his attention back to Minjun. "I'm sorry," apologizing once more. 

 

"I don't need petty apologies. There's no value in that. In the entertainment industry, value either comes in cash or labour. You wouldn't have a single cent on you. Trainees don't make any money until after your debut, and even then it's not guaranteed. It might take months....maybe years." Minjun remarked. It was all true. Wooyoung couldn't deny him. "So the only way you could pay back your 'debts' is through labour."

 

"Debts?" He didn't owe this guy any money, so what did Minjun mean by---? "I'm getting a new coat. This coat is a present from a good friend of mine, and I'm meeting him in four months. So before he notices what happened to it, I want you to work your off for me. Do you understand?"

 

It was like having a bullet pierced through your chest. Wooyoung found it hard to breathe suddenly. What sort of mess had he gotten himself into? What would his mum say to this? In fact, what would Taec think of this? He didn't think slavery was even possible anymore in a civilized country, but apparently, Minjun just made it possible. 

 

"Can't I just buy you a new coat?" It was a desperate attempt to escape from this ridiculous situation, but Wooyoung was willing to work a decent job and pay Minjun off. 

 

Minjun pursed his lips, and thought of a clever response to keep Wooyoung there. He didn't know why he bothered, but after seeing Wooyoung's frail side, he felt the need to protect the boy. And partly it was his fault for causing the boy to faint the other day. He knew the boy was following him but he wanted to see how far Wooyoung would preservere before giving up. 

 

But Minjun didn't expect the boy to just drop down to his knees and faint in the middle of nowhere. Also, the way Wooyoung's body pressed against his back that night reminded Minjun of a person he once loved. Before the string of blind dates the company forced on him, before the he met a year ago who only went after his assets, before the heartbreak he suffered because of her.....even after being blindingly loyal to her and her only, she still treated him this way....

 

His heart ached at the memory of the week before. She never called him again, avoided all chances of crossing his path, ignored him when he only looked at her.

 

"You can't buy a new coat. I won't allow you to." It was a lame excuse, and Wooyoung looked so upset at the thought of being enslaved. He was a free bird, Minjun thought, and it was in the way he danced. In all honesty, he enjoyed watching the dance because he used to be like that once. And knowing what Wooyoung would have to go through after his debut, he thought he was doing a favour of helping the boy.

 

"You'll be grateful for this one day." He said simply, and Wooyoung was puzzled.

 

"How is that even possible? I need time to practice for the dance, and it's tomorrow. Then in another week, I have a voice audition, and I barely started on it."

 

Minjun's expression softened a little, understanding the pressure Wooyoung was facing. "You have to manage that yourself. It's not my fault you have to do all that, but while you're at it, I expect to have my morning coffee served before I come in for work. All my laundry must be washed while I'm still busy in the studio, and I want my dorm to look squeaky clean."

 

Wooyoung jaw-dropped, unable to believe his ears. What in the world was this nutjob thinking? Was he a maid all the sudden?

 

"Oh, and while you're at it, you will also prepare a packed lunch for me every afternoon." Minjun finished, with a smirk on his face. The other could simply sneer at him. 

 

"Ah, I forgot to add, you will act professionally and refrain from showing that ugly attitude of yours. No frowning. No glaring. Or else, I might need to extend the length of your servitude in our contract."

 

Wooyoung immediately changed his expression into a fake but happy smile. He didn't like the way Minjun spoke to him, but he didn't have a choice. Minjun was still a sunbae and a hyung he needed to respect. Needed being the forced indication here.

 

"Fine...." Wooyoung muttered between gritted teeth, amusing Minjun to no end.

 

Oh this is so much fun, Minjun thought. Let's see how long he could last.

 

Simultaneously, Wooyoung was thinking, I'm gonna kill you once I'm through with this. Just you wait, Kim Minjun.

 

____________________________

 

A/N: Soooooo SORRY FOR THE ULTRA LATE UPDATE, POISONCHEEKS. I'm happy you didn't forget this fic yet. hahahahaha. thanks a lot. and for all the other loyal readers, thanks so much for not bashing me on this. XD Muahxxxxx